So when are you going to tell them?

Started by tubbsy, February 26, 2011, 07:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

First of all, apologies if this is already being discussed-couldnt find it-so please lock or remove if needs be

Was watching telly last night when the advert came on. And after I had got over my "I sooooooo wanna go back now" goosebump moment-DH and I both commented that we cant ever remember WDW and DLP advertising together like that in the UK and I dont think I remember anything in Germany-apart from in travel agents in UK where the info can be found on the same stand sometimes.

As I only dip my toes into the whole financial running of my favourite place on earth I am not quite up to speed with whats running in the background.

The advert is amazing and its got me wanting to book my next holiday now (but cant due to DH work commitments :(  ) but why the (very effective) move?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Owain

Quote from: "tubbsy"and I both commented that we cant ever remember WDW and DLP advertising together like that in the UK and I dont think I remember anything in Germany-apart from in travel agents in UK where the info can be found on the same stand sometimes

The last time i remember both resorts advertising together was, remember that advert where the boy lets go of his balloon in WDW and then i think he runs through the park to frontierland where mickeys holding it ?

That use to carry the 'Book a disney holiday' with both WDW and DLRP Logos.

I guess it saves the Walt Disney Travel Company money on advertising as they are effectively advertising for both parks with 1 advert now, although WDW holidays were usualy advertised with virgin holidays in the UK. Unlike DLP which advertises itself.

tubbsy

Ah! remember that one now :) Thanks Owain. Makes perfect sense and its a fab advert-Wish i could tell my kids we were going soon! :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club