disney on ice 2011

Started by treble, February 24, 2011, 12:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treble

does anybody know what the theme will be for the autumn tour in the uk?
and regards to a previous topic about pins for the shows, is there anywhere we can send in our requests? they are missing out on a great trade opportunity.
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

Elwell2009

Ok

Autumn tour is worlds of fantasys, i havent seen that one maybe new its got cars, little mermaid, toy story 3 and tinkerbell.

Im glad the incredibles aint in it again i got abit bored of them and the same bit in both this tour and previous.

matt

treble

oh that sounds interesting, although i hope it's not just about disney princess'. if it's fantasy then tinkerbelle should feature :-k

Elwell2009

No mention of princess's anywhere on the info if that helps  :D

treble

i don't mind the odd princess but they've already done one devoted to them. i remember some mums complaining that there was nothing for their boys at that one. i love last years especially when the disneyland part came on. it was like being at the parade again :) they really should do a pin for it-people would go mad for them.

strawjaw

I just found this about the upcoming show that may be of use.

Disney On Ice World of Fantasy is an excellent show for kids of all ages. This show features a group of four stories from different Disney movies – from Tinkerbell to The Little Mermaid, to The Lion King and the characters from Cars. The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, and Cars are featured in the first half of the show while the second half is devoted to Tinkerbell and her adventures in Pixie Hollow. This magical ice show starts with Mickey and Minnie driving into the land of the Cars where they soon meet the whole gang from Radiator Springs! Lightning McQueen, Mater, Flo, Sally, and Ramon all skate around on very life-like, identical-to-the-movie "cars". The cars appear to have hydraulics that allow them to bounce around and dance. This is sure to be a huge hit with any little boys you might be bringing along.
The next part of the show involves The Little Mermaid and beautifully recreated undersea landscape. If you've ever seen Disney On Ice – Princess Classics then this portion of the show might be a little familiar. Ariel, Flounder, Sebastian preform the three most popular songs from the movie: "Part of Your World", "Under the Sea", and "Kiss the Girl"
Mickey and Minnie continue their journey up out of the water and onto the plains of Africa to skate with the characters from the Lion King. Simba, Mufasa, Timon and Pumbaa perform the four title tracks from the movie

It seems to cut off midway,and I can't find the other half of the article, but it gives you an idea anyway. =)
Sounds great.
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]
January 2006 - WDW - Grosvenor Resort, Honeymoon, 14 nights.
March 2010- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 3 nights
March 2011 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 4 nights
December 2013 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, 5 nights

treble

thanks strawjaw :) sounds great-just got wait for the tickets to go on sale :-k

strawjaw

Quote from: "treble"thanks strawjaw :) sounds great-just got wait for the tickets to go on sale :-k

You're welcome - I've been looking for the same thing, however, I found out that this tour won't be playing in the North West at all this time round, and the closest to me now is Sheffield, which is just over an hour and half away.
Think I'll try and get front row seats, and if I can, I'll book a hotel, if not, I might just have to pass on this one.  :(
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]

treble

last year we received the pre-release invite on the monday, went to book the tickets on the saturday and still couldn't get frount row seats  :shock: we go on a saturday afternoon so getting back isn't a problem.

15MagicalYears

That's funny, we booked our tickets just weeks before the show and got front row. I guess the evening performances are easier to get tickets for since the shows are geared towards children, parents would prefer an afternoon showing.

treble

yes my neice always gets friday night tickets last minute. her partner has family near nottingham ice rink so it's not a problem for her.

treble

got our tickets today! :D/ got the last 3 frount row and i only got the leaflet on thursday :shock: will have to wait until 19th november now  :?

strawjaw

Quote from: "treble"got our tickets today! :D/ got the last 3 frount row and i only got the leaflet on thursday :shock: will have to wait until 19th november now  :?

Lucky you!!!
I could have had front row seats for Sheffield, but I decided against booking them, as its just too far away, and I want my money for my upcoming trip.  :D

Fingers crossed it will appear in the NW before then.
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]