=D Halloween Trip Report! 30th Oct-1st Nov! NOW WITH PICS!

Started by Masamune, November 02, 2006, 02:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:) Just got back last night from a brilliant trip to Disneyland Resort Paris!

:D It was even better than I ever thought it would be. :lol: I'm not very good at typing up large essays, or spliting them into sections, so I'll try not to bore you!

Day 1

Ok, Day 1 was weird in that... :shock: we didn't do hardly anything until 2 hours before the park closed. We arrived at our hotel at about 1pm in the afternoon. We would've gotten there sooner, but our plane was delayed AND there was a huge que for the Disney bus that goes from Charles de Gaule (so can't spell that name) airport to the Resort! We were staying in the Cheyenne (which is a wonderful hotel, so I hope to stay in it again!), and our room was ready when we arrived, so we went straight there to un-pack. The building we were in (Annie Oakley) is close to the reception and the shuttle bus station, so that was a bonus. The room was lovely, clean and cosy, and I practically dived on to the top bunk as soon as I saw it! :lol: I had a thing for bunk beds when I was a kid.

After we finished un-packing, we had a brief look in the hotel shop. :? The Christmas decorations and merchandise annoyed me a bit, as I was really looking forward to investing in some Halloween stuff, but alas, there wasn't a single bit of Halloween merchandise in our shop. After that, we headed for the shuttle station. :P We would've walked it, but we were eager to get to the park! We ended up getting there around 2pm, as we headed to McDonald's in the Disney Village before the park.

:) The weather was lovely on Day 1. When we got into the park, we didn't know quite what to do first, so we decided to just look around the shops along Main Street until we had come to a decision. :oops: The decision never really came, as we ended up wandering from World to World. We were quite taken-aback by the sheer amount of people. Although this was my 5th visit to DLRP, and my mum's 4th, it was the first time either of us had been during a holiday season.

We eventually ended up getting Fast Pass tickets for Star Tours (which we've never been on, as we're not Star Wars fans), and then continued looking through the shops in various Worlds. We caught the Villains Parade by chance at 4pm, and ended up watching it near the Pin Trading cart at the top of Main Street. I had just traded for two gorgeous pins from one of the traders that were sat nearby. One is of Mufasa, Sarabi and Simba, and the other is of Lucifer with a glittery letter L (L for Lindsay, which is my name!). Both are Limited Edition, so I'm glad to have gotten them.

:shock: The Gaston of Day 1 was absolutely stunning. I just wanted to tackle him off that float, he was just so gorgeous! 8) He was probably the first highlight of the trip. The rest of the Villain's Parade was great, although Peter Pan scared the crap out of me as he came running towards us with his arms open like some sort of happy lunatic. :shock:

:lol: The second highlight came soon after. This was a trip for doing stuff that we rarely do on our trips to Disneyland, so we decided to have a proper look around Adventure Land. I don't really like this land, as it's easy to get lost, and there's also not much to do there. Saying that though, one of the best moments of the entire trip happened in that land. We ended up wandering into that cave system thing towards the back of the land. We eventually found a bunch of stairs, and we ended up at a look-out point which leads out on to a rope bridge. :P A few kids were bouncing on it, which looked like fun, so me and mum walked out on to it and started bouncing ourselves. :lol: Soon after, we were joined by this rather large guy, who was bouncing like there was no tomorrow. It was SO funny, everyone on the bridge was just bouncing and laughing. This other guy ended up bouncing behind me, and together, all 4 of us were literally propelling children into the air! :lol: Some people on either ends of the bridge were even too scared to get on! It was so much fun, and it's great to see fully-grown adults acting like kids!

We caught the Goofy show on the FantaStitch stage just as it was getting dark. :roll: I'm not really a fan of Goofy, but at least he speaks English! The pot was speaking French! :P The dancers in that show were fantastic, especially the Chinese/Japanese-looking guy. After the show had finished, it was completely dark, so we had a look around Frontier Land (or Halloween Town). The Halloween decorations were great, but I think some areas needed more lighting, especially the areas where lots of people were walking. At the other end of Halloween Town, we saw some Pink Witches on stilts near Phantom Manor, and a Pumpkin Man near the entrance to that land.

:) Around that time, it was time to head back to Star Tours to make use of our Fast Passes. :lol: I love Fast Passes. We totally used and abused them over the 3 days, and it felt good. ;) Sadly, I take pleasure in walking past all the people in the non-Fast Pass que. Star Tours was actually pretty good. So good that we ended up doing it on Day 2 as well!

When we had come out of there, it was around 8pm. We noticed that a lot of people seemed to be leaving the park with their kids, so we decided to pay Fantasy Land a visit. :shock: The Tea Cups at night are so amazing, all lit up and glowing! We went on them twice, and we also rode the Carousel and It's a Small World. All that running around Fantasy Land made the last 2 hours fly by, and then it was time to leave, as the park was closing at 10pm.

We had a good look around Disney Village before heading back to the hotel at about 11pm, where both of us fell asleep pretty much as soon as our heads hit the pillows.

Characters

~ Pink Witches on stilts outside Phantom Manor
~ A Pumpkin Man near the Halloween Town entrance
~ Timon, Pluto, Chip and Dale in Fantasy Land
~ Jack Sparrow in Adventure Land

(I didn't get the autographs/pictures of any of these, as they were all being mobbed! We spotted Jack Sparrow from one of the look-out points near the rope bridge, so we couldn't get down to him in time. This list is only of characters that were around the park. I don't have a good nough memory to include every single character I saw in each Parade!)

:shock: :lol: That Day 1 report ended up being bigger than I expected, so I guess I'll post the Day 2 report later, as I'm heading out into Town soon. :) I hope everyone has enjoyed the report thus far!

Kinou

Cool you had a great time! I found the party a bnit disappointing compared to previous years (the fireworks was the only thing I loved!), the parade was a let down (It was much more fun to have the guests participating last year) and the animations were boring (ring back the Phantom Manor show). Anyway, the must fun thing in those party are the guests and the costumes, I was with the french board Central Plaza and we had a blast, quickly meet Flor but missed Raptor! Hrer's a pic of my group as the Scooby Gang (I was Fred):

Post yours people who were at the night!
Hug it out bitch !

Kinou

Cool you had a great time! I found the party a bnit disappointing compared to previous years (the fireworks was the only thing I loved!), the parade was a let down (It was much more fun to have the guests participating last year) and the animations were boring (ring back the Phantom Manor show). Anyway, the must fun thing in those party are the guests and the costumes, I was with the french board Central Plaza and we had a blast, quickly meet Flor but missed Raptor! Hrer's a pic of my group as the Scooby Gang (I was Fred):

Hug it out bitch !

Masamune

:shock: OMG, I saw you guys so much last night! :lol: You guys completely took over the area in front of the giant pumpkin at the start and at the end of the party... :P

:o I haven't looked yet what pics are on our digital camera, as most of the pics we took were done with the disposeable one, which will hopefully get sent off soon.

*Will probably add Day 2 tomorrow* :D I'm currently updating my PinPics collection.

fly_with_me_dumbo

sounded like sooo much fun, tea cups at night time sounds good, i'll have to try lol. but i would get freaked out if the bridge was bouncing crazily like that if i was on it  :oops:

Masamune

:lol: Aww, it was so much fun though! :P The bouncing me, my mum and those 2 guys were doing would put Tigger to shame! :D

:o Day 2 report will come tomorrow, I promise! 8) There is much to say about Day 2, so I'll probably have to do it in two separate parts anyway.

Masamune

:lol: We did SO much running around on Day 2, this report could go on forever!

Day 2 - Part 1

We started off Day 2 by having our breakfast in Fantasy Land! We always do this everytime we visit DLRP, as all the rides in Fantasy Land usually end up with big ques throughout the entire day, so it's a good chance to ride all of those without queing. :shock: Me and my mum were the very first guests through the gates, which was awesome. Walking down Main Street without a single person in front of you is fantastic!

Breakfast was lovely, as usual. :lol: I always try to fill up at breakfast, so we don't have to eat until late in the afternoon. After breakfast, we went on the Peter Pan ride and the Dumbo ride. :roll: Mum left her bag on the Dumbo ride by accident, so they had to shut down the whole ride until she came to collect it, which wasn't long after we got off.

Rather than go on any other Fantasy Land rides, we decided to go to Discovery Land, as it had passed 9am now and we wanted to go on the Buzz ride! :P We got a Fast Pass for Buzz, and then got into the normal que for it. :D That ride kicks ass! I loved it! :lol: Even though I was rubbish at it.

When we came off there, we got a Fast Pass for Space Mountain, and then went to Frontier Land to get a Fast Pass for Big Thunder Mountain. Even the que for the BTM Fast Pass boothes was big! By the time we got that Fast Pass, it was time to go back to Buzz and ride a 2nd time with our first Buzz Fast Pass. Seriously, we couldn't get enough of that ride! After coming off, we got another Fast Pass for Buzz, then went on Space Mountain using our earlier passes. :P Mum hates Space Mountain, but I always make her go on it.

After that, we went back to Frontier Land to catch Donald and the Bat Boys. The show started late, and without Donald for some reason, but that didn't matter. THAT SHOW WAS BRILLIANT! If you didn't see it, seriously, you missed out BIG time. It was a group of men playing certain Disney songs using instruments. OMG, it was just so good! I wanted to get up on the bench and dance when they started playing Night on Bald Mountain! They also played a bunch of Nightmare Before Christmas songs, and some Disney Villain songs, such as Scar's Be Prepared! :D That show was easily my fave Disney show EVER!

After that, we used our Fast Passes to get on Big Thunder Mountain. Even with the Fast Passes we had to wait quite a while, but no where near as long as the 100 minute wait in the normal que. :P I had forgotten just how much fun Big Thunder Mountain is! Mum loved it, but sadly, the Fast Passes had run out by the time we came back to get a new one, so we didn't get to go on it again.

:lol: Again, back to Discovery Land for Buzz! On the way there, we saw the Old Hag, Cruella and Maleficent stood near the giant pumpkin at the end of Main Street. :D I got my pic took with Maleficent just as she was leaving.

There was no more Fast Passes left for Buzz, so we made the most of our last ride. :lol: I still sucked at it though. I blame the fact that I'm short-sighted! Even with my glasses on, I could barely see the blinking red laser that comes from the gun, so I couldn't aim very well.

:) Finally, we had time to wander around aimlessly! We went back to Main Street to see the Pin Traders there. ;) I managed to get 2 Cheshire Cat pins, which was good. We then watched the Stitch Cavalcade, which was a lot of fun. :( The Pumpkin Men wouldn't give me candy though, because I'm not a child. :lol:

After that, we pretty much to went around at our leisure, going on rides that didn't have huge ques. After a bit, we decided to look at the map to see if anything was happening. :P There was a Villain's meet n' greet at Phantom Manor, so we decided to go there.

:shock: I spotted Gaston in the distance. :lol: Then I went into scary mode and start weaving through the crowds to get to him. :oops: He was so gorgeous, I was literally shaking by the time I got really close to him. I asked for a picture, and he just smirked at me and stood next to me. :shock: Then he put his arm around me in a hug! :P SO HAPPY! I got my pic took with him AND I got his autograph! :o That pretty much made my whole trip! There were other characters there, but I was just so giddy about meeting Gaston that I couldn't be bothered with them!

:lol: I didn't come down from that high for ages, so I can't really remember much what we did after that. I guess we went for something to eat, then continued wandering. :D We spotted Aurora on the Winnie the Pooh stage, which was nice.

:) When it started getting dark, we decided to head back to the hotel to get ready for the Halloween Party! :P

Characters

~ Old Hag, Maleficent, Cruella near big pumpkin
~ Gaston, Shan Yu, Prince John and Sherrif of Nottingham near Phatom Manor
~ Pumpkin Men on stilts near Phantom Manor
~ Aurora on Pooh stage

:) I'll do my party report later!

Nala_84

Wow, that sounds as if you had a lot of fun :)

I imagine how it looks when you and the other jumped on the bridge :D I'm looking forward to the entire reports and.... PHOTOS, please!! ;)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

The Butlin Boy

Great trip report so far, can't wait for the rest of it :D

Masamune

:D Yeah, it was a lot of fun... :) much better than I ever even expected... :P what was great was that we did a lot of stuff we never usually do! Here's just a few things we did that we've only ever done like once or twice before, or even never before!

~ We rode Pirates of the Caribbean ( :lol: I promised Baloo I would, and we bought the pic to prove it! *Needs to scan it* )
~ We rode Star Tours
~ We rode Big Thunder Mountain
~ We did Honey I Shrunk the Audience
~ We did that car show in the Studios
~ We spent loads of time in Adventure Land

:o There's probably more I can't think of right now, but yeah, we did a lot of stuff we don't usually do...

:D I'm glad everyone's enjoying the report so far, and I'll hopefully have pics within the next week or so!

Masamune

:P Party time!

Day 2 - Part 2

OK, I'm a very shy person, so you can probably imagine how I felt in my Queen of Hearts costume riding the shuttle bus to the park. :lol: Not happy. Mum felt pretty shy as well, in her Evil Queen costume. :D But a very pretty woman wearing an Ariel wedding dress got on the same shuttle as us, so we didn't feel so stuck out like a sore thumb.

We got to the park at about 8:30pm, but we didn't get in till after 8:50pm, because for some reason they were directing people through the Studios entrance to get in. :( Sadly, I missed the group pic with the other Forum members, so I was really annoyed about that. It was near there that we saw the most adorable Jack and Sally couple.

As we were making our way down Main Street, we saw a MAN dressed as Belle. :roll: :lol: What can I say about that? At the bottom of Main Street, we ended up watching Kinou's Scooby Gang and loads of others all getting together for a group picture. After that, we went to Discovery Land for a final ride on Buzz! :P It was very fun, as usual...and I sucked at it, as usual. We were getting a lot of funny looks in the que, but a few people complimented us on our costumes, which was nice. :)

After Buzz, we made our way towards Fantasy Land. I was FREEZING. So we wanted to just jump in random ques to keep warm. :D On our way to Fantasy Land, going across the bridge, I spotted a very handsome-looking Gaston! :P It turned out to be the gorgeous raptor, his adorable little sister, Baloo, Flor and someone who's Forum name I didn't catch (he was dressed as Captain Hook!). :) They all looked awesome (especially raptor, who was just sexy, if I'm being honest). :lol: I hope that doesn't embarass him, but what am I supposed to think? I'm blonde, and I love Gaston as much as those blondes in the film do. ;)

:P After taking a pic with all the guys together, we carried on to Fantasy Land. We went on the Pinocchio ride, which I love, I don't care how childish it is. :lol: Again, in the que, weird looks and a few compliments. There was a little girl who wouldn't stop staring at me. :shock: Scary.

After that, we decided to head towards the Villain's meet n' greet at Phantom Manor. :shock: We got surrounded by a about 7 handsome pirates at the entrance to Adventure Land, and they asked my mum if she was a pirate or a witch. :lol: Thankfully, she said a pirate, so they started dancing around us and singing that she was the Queen of the Pirates. It was scary, but funny at the same time.

Also in Adventure Land, we found a massive group of rather violent villains. There was the Queen of Hearts, Frollo, Shan Yu and Jafar. All of them were being really awkward, not signing autographs or taking pictures. :lol: It was funny though, as the reason for that was that they were attacking each other. I managed to catch the attention of the Queen of Hearts, so she stood next to me for a pic. :lol: But Frollo just wouldn't leave her alone, and she ended up punching him in the arm. I eventually got my pic took with her though! I tried to get a pic with Shan Yu, but seriously, he was just being too scary. He was putting his hands on people's faces and pushing them out the way! :P The nicest Villain ended up being Jafar, who walked away from the crowd down some stairs so that he could take proper photos.

Still in Adventure Land, near these gorgeous glowing pumpkin balloons, we found some fire starting people. They were awesome, throwing fire sticks around as if they were just Pooh sticks! :) We saw them again in the Halloween parade.

On the way into Frontier Land, we met this family who we had met the day before. :P The dad of the family was a great Jack Sparrow, and the daughter was a lovely Sally. They were on their way to Pirates, so we decided to go with them. :D The que for pirates was indoors, and it was so WARM. :lol: Pirates has the best que. I wasn't really impressed by the ride itself, as I knew I wouldn't be, but the on-ride photo that was took was gorgeous, so we bought it! ;) Proof to Baloo that I stayed true to my promise.

After that, it was time to get ready for the parade. :x They had closed off all the quick routes back to Main Street, so we ended up having to go a really long way round. By the time we got there, there was no space near the front. We didn't miss much though, as we stood behind a pram, meaning there was a straight gap in front of us. The parade was OK. It wasn't the greatest parade I've ever seen, but it was OK. It would've been nice if some Disney Villains were included.

The fireworks display was brilliant though. I love the Pirates of the Caribbean music, so it didn't disappoint! I just wish they would've lasted longer!

After the fireworks were finished, we decided to head back to the hotel. :lol: Sadly, we're not party animals, so we resisted the urge to start boogying with Kinou's group, who had once again taken over the area in front of the giant pumpkin.

:) All in all, it was a fantastic night. :P I wish I could've spent more time with the other Forum members, and maybe caught a show. But there was just so much going on everywhere, with so many people, it was impossible to plan properly what to do next.

Characters

~ Pink Witches near Town Square gazebo
~ Jafar, Frollo, Shan Yu and Queen of Hearts in Adventure Land

:P I'll try to get my Day 3 report done today!

DisneyPirate

Quote from: "Kinou"Cool you had a great time! I found the party a bnit disappointing compared to previous years (the fireworks was the only thing I loved!), the parade was a let down (It was much more fun to have the guests participating last year) and the animations were boring (ring back the Phantom Manor show). Anyway, the must fun thing in those party are the guests and the costumes, I was with the french board Central Plaza and we had a blast, quickly meet Flor but missed Raptor! Hrer's a pic of my group as the Scooby Gang (I was Fred):

WOW! We saw your group at the Halloween Party by Casey's Corner, just before the parade. Your costumes were magnificent. We had a great time, but think that 2005 was better, mainly as it was less crowded.

Masamune

:P Final report (finally!)

Day 3

On out last day, we had our breakfast in our hotel. It was nice, but the way the room was set out was just weird; you had to take your cereal across the whole room just for milk! After that, we went back to our room to pack ( :( ), then we set off to the Walt Disney Studios park.

:P When we got in, we went straight to the Flying Carpet rides. ;) They're not as fun as the Dumbo ride, but they'll do. We saw Sully near the Monster's Inc scream tester, but I'm not a fan so we didn't go over. After the flying carpets, we got in line for the 10:30am Animagique show. :D I LOVE THAT SHOW! It's a wonderful show! The Pink Elephants rock!

After that, we ran to catch the Moteurs show. :o It was brilliant, I can't believe we've never bothered to see it before! Some of the stuff they were doing has to be seen to be believed!

:) After that, it was time for Rock n' Roller Coaster! :P I went on this 3 times in total; once in the normal que, twice with fast passes that we got. :lol: On my way out, there was a man controlling a dust bin that was ramming into people and barking like a dog! He kept making people jump as they came down the ramp!

It was pretty much time for the parade then, so we went and got a place. :D The parade was lovely, as always. :lol: Although, Geppetto's old man dancing was a bit scary. We spotted Mickey at his trailer soon after the Parade, and we spotted Belle near the flying carpets. :) She was beautiful.

There wasn't much else we wanted to do in the Studios, so we had a look round the shops then heading towards The Disney Village. We had one last look around there, then went into the Disney park. :lol: I bought some candyfloss from that little candy shop window on Main Street. It was MASSIVE! It was almost falling off the stick it was so big! :P I couldn't even finish it!

:) We only went into the main Park to get a few pressies for people from certain shops. :D We caught the Villain's Parade again too, with yet another different Gaston! :P So that's a different Gaston each day we saw. This one wasn't as stunningly-good looking as the previous two, but he totally got into the role, so I appreciated that. ;)

After that, sadly, it was time to head back to the hotel to pack up the final things we bought, and jump on the bus to the airport.

Characters

~ Sulley near the Monsters Inc scream machines
~ Belle near the Monsters Inc scream machines
~ Mickey at his trailer

:D I hope everyone enjoyed my report! :P I'll post pics as soon as we get them!

Nala_84

Sounds really great, thanks for the report :) So it was your 5th visit? My 5th one will be next year.

Now I'm really looking forward to some (hopefully halloweenly) pics ;)

p.s.: Is it usual for you that u like the Villains so much, or is it just Gaston? :D
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

The Butlin Boy

Great report, sounds like you had an amazing time, but who doesn't have an amazing time when they go to Disneyland Paris :)