Halloween Happenin 26th October - 2nd November 2006 (Photos)

Started by Patrick, October 30, 2006, 05:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Well heres day 1 at least, got eurostar, so useful again they ut me in carriage 3 and my sister and mum in carriage 1, then exactly the same on the TGV at lille, apart from we were now in two different trains :lol: .  Arrived at the resort at about 2pm, waited for the pink bus, definately not a good colour for a bus. At Holiday inn check in went fine, then came the fun waiting for another bus, took ages, finaly at disneyland park, and was about 4pm, I had wanted to seethe parade and yay I finally saw it again with the most fantastic Peter Pan ever, he was so energetic, with it and god forbid he was English :lol: .  Parade went by rather quickly at town square. Went to studios, where I and sister entertained the idea of rock n roller, oh wow a 45 minute, longest I have ever waited and was great.  After was the joy of the tram tour, not much different to other times obviously.

6pm was fast approaching, so photo time, something my sister hates, hoping for sunset to come, 6pm came and went and it was still light :( .  Back to disneyland park and got food at oro or whatever in frontirland, really nice food, time then came for phantom manor, excellant cast members especially at keeping people happy during a major breakdown that I got to exprience at the loading platform, but ride was good.  Space Mountain time, first time sister got scared by a funny cast member screaming at her, train had no music :( , so in true me fashion we had to go on agai :) , this time we had music, and opted for the left loading platform, to escape the clutches of the random CM  :P.  Fantasyland rides, it's a small world and so on to finish the night.  However park closed at 10pm, time pink bus arrived 11pm :evil: , I will never  stay again in  the partners hotel, all thanks to the poor bus service :evil: .

Day 2 coming soon.

Kristof

QuoteBack to disneyland park and got food at oro or whatever in frontirland

Fuente del Oro is open again??? That's great news!  I love the food there.  :D

Patrick

Yes that's it, and Hakuna Matata was also open this lunchtime :wink: .

Kristof

Most probably to compensate the increased capacity.

Dlrpfan

oooh i love to eat at Hakuna Matata. once in 2004 we had the food there but left the ice creams untill later due to them melting. my mum went up to the counter and asked for them with the recipt and in the end we recieved the whole meal again! :D - a little off topic lol glad 2 see you had a gr8 time paddy!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Patrick

Day 2: 27th October 2006

Woke at about 8am, took till around 10am to arrive at any park, and when we did, it was Walt Disney Studios.  Got to Security check and it was the motorcars and stars music playing and I was hoping to see a car, but no such luck, instead the Cinefolies cast were standing around a foggy Frontlot, me nearly slipping all over the place in trainers that really do not grip well.  Finally arrived in the middle of the Frontlot to pose for a photograph, this being the first of many times I will have seen Cinefolies this trip :wink: .  Inside Studios1 went to eat le petite dejuner deal they have with orange juice, hot drink and croissant, not bad at all and such a lovely atmosphere to start off the day.

However I needed Halloween stuff to see, so off to Disneyland Park for La Cavalcade, which is fantastic and even better in the fog :) .  Went on a few rides, I actually cannot remember, in which order, it was so long ago, but think Space Mountain along It's a Small World were done before 1pm arrived, when our reservation for Plaza Gardens was.  This restaurant is absolutely amazing, architecture is beautiful and we were promptly seated, only problem the waiters kept on thinking we spoke French, I watched the cast member look on the computer for us and believe they may have thought we were another set of people since they seemed to believe there were 4 not 3 of us :lol: .  We got sat next to the Autumn / Winter painting of Plaza Gardens, which I loved a lot and brought back loads of knowledge I gained from the Disneyland Paris bible :wink: .  Food was good and nice selection, especially dessert, I don't believe I have seen desserts in a restaurant go and be replaced so quickly :lol: .  

After it was through Discovery Arcade, returning to Walt Disney Studios, Rock n roller coaster was running great, shame about the 35 minute wait, after that I believe it was sadly time for Moteurs Action, I'm not a giant fan of this show.  I don't really know why, but just seems to bore me now, especially when I'm missing the Villain Parade  :x , but the show thankfully ended and it was time for Cinemagique, which was now running the last show of the day meaning that it would be 5:45pm by the time we left, I noticed the lack of curtain in the show, which saddened me if nothing else, since it now seems remenisant of your typical local Cinema when it starts now.  We left the Studios and people were still piling in at 5:45pm :roll: , god knows why they were, I don't understand, but back over to Disneyland  Park, where we ended up having food at Belle Notte and night riding Space Mountain, the railroad, which took a while and when I kindly asked the cast member how many trains they were running, his reply was 10 minutes :lol: .  Not exactly what I had in mind, did Star Tours, which was rather hilarious, since it was my mother's first ride and she hates rides, she had however been on a simulator like it in Port Aventura and so she wentr on and came off with a headache and feeling sick, so there went any future journey's to Endor with her lol.  Back into Frontierland, we believed we would just hit a nice easy queue on BTM, however it was closed due to a technical fault and we were told it would not reopen, so off to Pirates it was where there was no queue, and had a certain eerie sense to the queue line when noones around.  We ended up sat yet again in the front of the boat with only 3 people behind us, went round once and the cast member basically demanded we remain seated and want to ride again, so we did and then came again and she even said do you want to ride again?  So us being us decided to agree and by the time we returned to the station it was exactly 10pm, not a bad way to end the day :D .  Got to the bus stop after trying to find our way out of a very unlit Adventureland and ended up getting on the bus within 10 minutes this time, I however asked yet again at the reception did they have any cards for the internet and after 10 minutes of waiting again their reply was use your credit card, I was saying however I do not have a credit card, yes that got me far.  Off to bed it was and ready for my next day, which was my big move to the Cheyenne, and my mother's and sister last day at Disneyland Resort Paris.

Patrick

Photo time, so hope you're ready for a lot, I was there 8 days after all :wink: :

Day 1

Walt Disney Studios Frontlot on a cloudy afternoon

Generic Halloween sign photo on Main Street Railroad Station

Frontierland by dusk

One of the many angles of the Castle

Blurred photo of the Orbitron :D

If you have never read this before, feel ashamed :lol:  :wink:

It's A Small World's fountains

Another view of the Castle

Plaza Gardens by night

That's all for now, look out for day 2 and so on :wink: .

Patrick

Day 2 photos:

Cinefolies avec mois in a nice foggy Frontlot

Pinocchio in his Ghost costume

Goofy getting a Pumpkin from Alice :)

Stitch on the search

Pumpkingirl

Fountain inside Plaza Gardens

Rock N Roller Coaster

Tour De Force

Space Mountain, if only it went to the moon :(

Star Tours communicating with the outer edge of the Universe

The top of Le Space Mountain

One of my favourite halloween photos :D

A Better clearer view of the castle from Discoveryland

Discoveryland entrance in green :?

Pumpkinmen working overtime

Wonderful fountain I've never really noticed before outside of Pirates

Another castle view :P

Main Street on a wonderful Halloween evening

Cat on a Pumpkin, whatever next?

Day 3 coming soon.

Patrick

Day 3 included Walt's, which was the best restaurant I have ever been to in my whole life :D , food amazing, service superior to most places and the Victorian feel, even when you're sitting in the Frontierland is absolutely astounding, overall this restaurant should be tried by anybody who can afford it.
On this day also I changed Hotel to the Hotel Cheyenne, where I'm sure the check in guy played a joke on me by giving me a key that would not unlock my door and would have to return to the desk and ask for another one.  I was given a room in Sitting Bull, was a rather nice room and would definately stay here again.  I was now by myself in the resort so was able to do whatever I wanted, instead of being told by my sister what we are going to do next, which gave the trip a bit of a boost, plus Pumpkinmen were back in the Villain Parade :D .  So here's some of the photos from Saturday 28th October 2006:

View out onto Harrington's from the Frontierland room we were sat in at Walts

A wonderful painting of the Far West on the wall

Another painting of the west

Pumpkinman in the Villain Parade

Mickey and the gang on their float

Stitch invading the float using his mask

Blurry Peter Pan

Pink Witch invading the seaweed dance

Ursula, a very manly ursula anyway :lol:  :wink:

A happy dead pirate?

Dead Town's People

Gaston posing

Iago clones

jafar

Pack of cards

Maleficent's Servants

Maleficent herself

The castle caught well at night, shame it's on a slant, damned railing in Fantasyland :x

The Butlin Boy

Great trip report and photos so far Patmagic :)

Masamune

:D Mmm, gorgeous Gaston pic! What day did you take that on Pat? I think that's the Gaston we saw on Monday the 30th, but it could've been the one we saw the day after... :P both Gastons on Monday and Tuesday were gorgeous! :) The one on Wednesday was just OK...

:) Great report!

Bambi

Brilliant pictures, you really captured the moment!  :)

Patrick

Quote from: "Masamune":D Mmm, gorgeous Gaston pic! What day did you take that on Pat? I think that's the Gaston we saw on Monday the 30th, but it could've been the one we saw the day after... :P both Gastons on Monday and Tuesday were gorgeous! :) The one on Wednesday was just OK...

:) Great report!

They were taken on Saturday 28th October 2006 :wink: , and also have to agree Gaston does look nice, though dunno he is a bit cheesy for my liking :lol: .

Nala_84

Sorry I haven't read you report, but I know that your pics say more than 1000 words, as usual :)! Looks really great and I think the wheather seems to fit to Halloween!

Is the Villains Parade a bit different or is it the same to last year?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Patrick

It's a bit different with the Pumpkinmen at the beginning instead of the props and Scarecrows routine.  Also the country western style halloween lo ween music is used on the first float that was occupied by Pumpkinmen, but now Mickey etc and Stitch.  Also added characters behind that float, apart from that and taking away the horse and cart it's all mostly the same as last year :wink: .