My First EVER DLRP Trip - 31stAug - 1Sept 2010 + *Vids*

Started by alternativerock123, January 07, 2011, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alternativerock123

Hey everyone, I was never going to do one of these but I am in total DLRP Mood. XD
However, I am not really the one for explaining and stuff, because I know that most people just look at the pictures.
But this will be the first post just giving a bit of context about the trip and stuff.
I hope you enjoy my trip-report even though it was from last year. XD
I just want to share the magical moment with you guys. =]

Well, it is my first trip to a Disney Park and I was 17 at the time (Well I am currently but my Bday is in a week from today so this is for future reference,  lol). I have been obsessed with Disney my WHOLE life and my parents always wanted to take me to one of the world-wide parks, HOWEVER I used to have a very bad phobia of people in the head-costumes. It was really bad, even until when I was about 13, so that stopped us going. But I did have a free WDW video that I played all the time. Well about 2 years ago I suddenly had the urge to go to DLRP because of youtube videos and DeviantArt members, so I asked. However we couldn't go in 2008. Then 2009 came along but we went on another holiday instead. Then 2010 came along and I asked and my parents said; "We'll see" then in May I had my heart-broken so my parents said we can go. So we booked our 3 day trip to Paris/DLRP. =]

We stayed in a Kyriad Hotel in Torcy which was pretty nice. Anyway, we didn't take a suitcase only hand luggage will all our clothes, laptops, make-ups, EVERYTHING and we ended up seeing all the Paris landmarks in 1 day, and it nearly killed us. But we just got over it and headed to DLRP on the second day - 31st August.

I'll leave this ATM and get the first day up in the next couple of hours... or part of the first day. But as I said I don't really want to say too much as I took over 797 pictures in the 2 days! Over all 3 days I took 1008 images. XD  I have a DSLR and I love it, it's my baby and I took an image of EVERYTHING, mainly characters.  XD  So it will be mostly image of the day because they are all in order of the day anyway. =D

Again I hope you enjoy the trip-report that was about 2 days from the Summer Season. (So annoyed)
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

alternativerock123

Right, Photo time. =D

I must mention that both days were SOOOOOO HOT! Really hot! As you can tell by the photos, there were beautiful clear blue skys. =)
I am also a photography student so I hope the photos are good. Thank you guys. All the video's were done by my dad, since my camera doesn't do any videos... So the bright red-haired girl is me. =)

Yay! Mickey! The first character and it was the mouse who started it all. =D

My Wallpaper. =)

Me and My Mum. Taken by my Dad, of course.

The music starts playing... my eyes grow wide... What's this? OMG THIS IS COOOOOOL!

I can still here the music now. =)

AHHH! MINNIE! YAY!

This was UBER cute, we saw the little boy sat waiting for the train in his little outfit and then Pinocchio came and carried him to the meet and greet area. SOOOO cute.  :-P
[youtube:3ggquk8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6u5BgbvvqE[/youtube:3ggquk8o]
[youtube:3ggquk8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8tWezf7RGw[/youtube:3ggquk8o]

Didn't know you could go in there until the end of the day, when we went through the back. XD

[youtube:3ggquk8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTCCyAWKadk[/youtube:3ggquk8o]

I LOVED inside the castle. <3

French... fail.

Something... eerie about this... yet beautiful.

Then we left the castle... I'll leave it here for now and YES I KNOW I TAKE TO MANY PICTURES. XD
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
Coming soon:

stacey-claire

Loving the trip report, looks lovely summer, im going in summer next year and cant wait after seeing your pics of lovely blue sky, and you can never take too many pics of disneyland, its too beautiful to have too many lol xx :belle:
To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

jackieann

lovely photos!!

DLP-Photos.com

Great report - one picture says more than a thousand words (cliche, I know :P), so you can never take too many pictures. On my latest trip I took just under 1000 before sorting and deleting, so just shoot as many as possible not only in Disney but every where.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the report :-)

:offtopic:  I have also checked out your deviantart site - great work. We have a place here for sharing disney and non-disney art too. Drop by if you'd want to :) //http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4498
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

dagobert

Thanks for the beautiful trip report. Your pictures are wonderful.

I can't help myself, but Woody looks so creepy above Main Street Station.

norhel

Great pictures :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

alternativerock123

Time for PART 2! YAY!

First, Thank you for the comments. =]

After we left the castle, we headed down to the Sword In The Stone...  However the image came out dark, the castle shadow got in the way. lol

We saw that the queue was short, so then went on the "Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains" ride. =] Which I loved.

HA! Squirrels!  

<3 I want to be 'friends' with her one day. =)

We then headed to Alice's Curious Labyrinth. Hopefully in search for the characters. =D

We then went into the Queens Castle..and it was really cramped. >.<

We then headed out and there were lots of crowds. and then out of the corner of my eye. OMG IT'S THE MAD HATTER! AHHHHHHHHHH! YAY! OMG! YAY!
[youtube:ptnnubkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StqIDsqaezE[/youtube:ptnnubkc]
[youtube:ptnnubkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJpa9-0crRo[/youtube:ptnnubkc]

I was really nervous to meet him. It was like seeing a celebrity. XD I didn't know what to do! So I took some pics.

We then saw the Queen in her little area near her chair... but she was walking away and I was mostly bothered about Hatter. ^^

We then followed the crowd around past the old mill. I was really hyper so I stopped taking pics for a while.

We then went back to the side were this statue is and saw SNOW WHITE! But she was walking back to the Magical Doors and before I had the chance to run to her, she went inside. =[
But we went to the side of the castle and looked through and saw Cinderella! but she was just walking off and Belle came out on Le Théâtre du Château so we went around and sat on the benches for a bit. The queue was sooooo long, so we didn't bother with joining for a photo.

We then walked around the Central Plaza, pushing through the character crowds from the Train.
We headed to Adventureland. =] And I love Aladdin, it was my fav film when I was really young, so it really made me happy. ^^

Yay! I love Peter Pan! I kept an eye out for him, but I didn't see him. =[

It was getting to the time to see Cpt Jack in Blue Lagoon. So we sat on the wall for about 10 mins and rested, then we saw a Cast member head into a Magical Door and out he came... my mum jumped up and ran over. XD  It was weird because we wished it was Johnny Depp. ^^ (We did see him though earlier that year at the Alice premier.)

God, he was handsome.  :D

[youtube:ptnnubkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZa8--Efjjo[/youtube:ptnnubkc]

.... Will continue this later on tonight. =D
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
Coming soon:

DLP-Photos.com

Another great update with some great photos - bright and sharp - I especially like that last one :)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

davewasbaloo

A lovely trip report so far. It sounds like you were bitten by the bug too, and had a great time?
since 2001 (many before that)

MattyD24

nice pics, and glad you had a good time  :)

looking at captain hook's pirate ship, i can't wait for them to start working on it :D

please post some more soon  :)

Disneyland Paris
Disney\'s Hotel Santa Fe 1996, 1999, 2005
Davy Crockett Ranch 2011?

Walt Disney World Resort Florida
Off-Site 2002, 2008

alternativerock123

All right... back again for more images. =]

After meeting Cpt. Jack, we went around to head towards Frontierland and bumped into character. (Y)

Cpt Hook was a bit scary... he pulled me close and squeezed my neck with his arm. XD

We then got lost. XD We tried to head into Frontierland but we got stuck by a playground. So we had to double back onto ourselves and we then realised that it was nearly time for the show! But we stopped for a minute for a rest and something to eat... I loved the tomato lays. =]
We got right in front... my mum stood by the side in the shade but my Dad and I stood right in the middle... in the sun. My dad recorded the entire show... his arms hurt really bad after but he didn't care because he knew I would appreciate it when we got home, which i did.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I kept running closer to the stage when the characters came down. XD

We then ran up to the gates to see Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen (I LOVE the PATF... like LOVE LOVE LOVE it.) The queue was really long and I didn't want to wait.... because I wanted to see Sleeping Beauty's show, however we went to the wrong place and missed it. XD

I thought that she was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty. ^^

Love you Mr. Walt Disney and Mr. Roy E Disney. R.I.P. =]

As said above we went back to the Le Théâtre du Château not where the Sword in the stone is.. damn map in french. lol

We then went the correct way into Frontierland and went down to the Woody and Jessie Meet and greet. the queue was again really long and I didn't want to wait... So went to get some food at the Cowboy Cookout Barbecue.

We then went all the way back to Fantasyland and went on Peter Pan's ride. We were in the the queue for 90 mins. >.<

We then walked through Fantasyland again and looked out for more character, however it was getting close to DOUP parade so we walked through Discoveryland. I didn't take images because my battery was dying. I wanted to save it for the parade.

And I'll leave it just before the parade.... =)
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
Coming soon:

Mirella1980

Lovely photo's!!
I think I saw a video of you on youtube? with Gaston.
I am so jealous  ;)

MrsPirate

Wonderful photos, thank you for sharing. It sounds like you had a brilliant time.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

littlemermaid83

Great photos btw, how cute was that mini pinocchio.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!