OUADP question

Started by DopeyDad, January 02, 2011, 07:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeyDad

Hi all, I remember something about OUADP being on a shortened route until some kind of change, I guess when Magical Moments start in April.

I've tried searching the forum but can't find details. Can anyone confirm from what the parade is doing up until 6th April and what it will be after this.

Thanks in advance
Dopey(er than normal)

captain rocket

If you look at my post  "Don't move a little closer any more" on page 2 of the Disneyland resort page you will find a full explanation of what is happening to OUAD in the immediate future.

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"From January until March the parade will be cut to just 5 floats! which will pass from Town Square, around the castle hub and back down Main Street leaving the park through the same doors in Town Square. This is because they are repairing all the floor in Fantasyland and around Castle Stage.

From April, you can create your own "magical moments" with "all new" totally interactive show-stops that invite you to take to the street and interact with the dancers and characters like never before! There are lots of other changes planned too from next year. :D/

;)
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

DopeyDad

Thanks for quick reply, and thats the post I remember, just couldn't remember the title.

But, is the new parade running from 1st April or 6th April? Planning a trip around that time and my dear wifey does love the parade so. I wouldn't be forgiven for arranging to go when the parade was only running at 5 floats.

Festival Disney

I'd hazzard a guess that they'll be doing some sort of "soft opening" if you will, so that the performers gather experience and confidence with the new routines.  :idea:  It's like with the hub show last year. When MMP ended, in the days leading up to the NGF they had Showtime Spectacular shows on although it hadn't officially begun. Same with the charcter train.
I wonder what Poppy meant by lots of other changes  :-k
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

SophieD

Does anyone know what the 5 floats will be?? And what will happen to the showstops in the running to Magical Moments? (taking account of only 5 floats?)
 :D  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Festival Disney

If I remember correctly, it will be:
Dreams of Imagination
Dreams of Friendship
Dreams of Fantasy
Dreams of Power
Dreams of romance (2)

As for the showstops... I can imagine that they'll invite you to dance in the street with the charecters. But we'll probably have to wait until April to find out!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day