What Disney film would you like to see a ride based on?

Started by ben mcqueen, January 02, 2011, 03:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatgirlkatie

Those look amazing!!
"To live would be an awfully big adventure" - Peter Pan.

PrincessEnya

I would love to see one of those Monsters, Inc. rides coming to Paris!!
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

Fairest-one-of-all

The Little Mermaid is my favorite movie (together with Aladdin), and I would love to see a Little Mermaid ride.
I know they have one in Disney California, and I would love to see a dark ride like that at Paris. :)
Besides that, I would love to see an attraction of Beauty and the Beast. This movie is so beautiful and popular, and I thinks it's kind of remarkable that they don't already have a ride based on this film.

isani

I think DLP was very unlucky with their timing. The initial Phase I park design was finished in 1989, just when Disney's new golden age of animation was beginning with The Little Mermaid. This meant that hits like Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast had to wait for Phase II – which never came, because of their financial troubles.

Out of all the planned Phase II attractions, I'd most like to see The Little Mermaid. They've opened a version of it in Disney's California Adventure now, but I hear that one is not as spectacular as the one planned for Paris. Over in California, the imagineers had to fit the ride into an existing building, and the whole thing became a little truncated.

esmeralda

I would like to see a ride based on the little Mermaid as well as on Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast and Pocahontas!!! Actually, i'd like to see any movie that came out in the 90's( Hercules, Hunchback...) And i would love to see audio-animatronics in it!!!!
Julia

Cara

Would definitely love to see a ride based on Hercules or Beauty and the Beast. Maybe a roller coaster for Hercules and dark ride for Beauty and the Beast?  :ears:

Davy Crockett Ranch - May 2002
Davy Crockett Ranch - March 2003
Kyriad hotel - July 2005
Santa fe - February 2012 (Anniversary trip)
Newport Bay - September 2012!

CafeFantasia

QuoteOver in California, the imagineers had to fit the ride into an existing building, and the whole thing became a little truncated.

That's not entirely true. The building for The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure at Disney California Adventure, was constructed from scratch, specifically for the attraction. The only limitation they had was the amount of land available to build the attraction on, and incorporating the original Golden Dreams rotunda entrance.

orsie

I would like to see a Phineas and Ferb simulator come to the studios. It should be based on the rollercoaster they built on one of the first episodes. I think this would be very popular!
Previous Disney Trips

DLRP 2007 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary)
DLRP 2008 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary Extended)
DLRP 2009 Sequoia Lodge (Mickey\'s Magical Party)
DLRP 2011 Sequoia Lodge (Magical Moments Festival)
DLRP 2012 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary)
DLRP 2013 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary Extended)