What Disney film would you like to see a ride based on?

Started by ben mcqueen, January 02, 2011, 03:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Pocahontas"Interesting!!! :) She is like the forgotten Disney Princess,you hardly ever see any merchandise for Pocahontas!! :(

Sorry, but Pocahontas is as much a princess as Mulan i.e. not. The true forgotten princess is ........

:P

Minne&Mickey92

Something that there is sooooo not enough themed stuff of is 101 Dalmatians , it was massive when i was a kid , but you just don't see much of it anywhere now ! , kids still love it and the plot would make a great dark ride or something alike ! To be honest i'd be happy if they at least had more 101 Dalmatians merch in the shops !

aspexdesign

I agree with a lot of the others about having a Tron ride, it could be done a bit like this one: //http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/boosterbike/boosterbike_e.shtml but indoors with very cool lighting, especially if they set it up to have more than one lot of bikes going at once, then you could have some safe, but very fun near misses. Wall-E would make a great ride too.
October 2002 - Off site
????? 2004 - Off site
January 2006 - Santa Fe
October 2007 - Cheyenne
December 2008 - Cheyenne
October 2010 - Kyriad
Next trip late 2011 - Newport Bay Club

DisneyManiac

Attraction:Grizzly Mountain
Description: Another runaway ESCAPE mine train! Story goes like this: During 1750's when gold was the prize a unknown mountain settled in the Grizzly Wilderness and a part of the famous Grizzly Peak. But when miners discovered a hidden old and abandoned railroad in the mountain, tables turned... You see in this mountain lived the famous Big Foot and (wait for it!) His army of evil chimps/monkeys... But when he gets disturbed he... ATTACKS!  Join the Grizzly Expedition today and RISK YOUR LIFE! WILL YOU MAKE IT OUT ALIVE?

:ears: DisneyManiac :ears:

DisneyManiac

Sorry about that last post went a bit over the top...Off Topic I know...He He...Uh...Okay this is weird...Its just a idea I came up for Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Deluxe Edition...Oops....

:ears: DisneyManiac :ears:

Disney_Dreamer

Quote from: "Minne&Mickey92"Something that there is sooooo not enough themed stuff of is 101 Dalmatians , it was massive when i was a kid , but you just don't see much of it anywhere now ! , kids still love it and the plot would make a great dark ride or something alike ! To be honest i'd be happy if they at least had more 101 Dalmatians merch in the shops !

I so agree with this. The aristocats is another one of my favourite films that is highly underrated and that you don't see in the parks, especially since it is set in Paris. I wouldn't know how a ride could be made from this film but possibly from the scene where the Duchess and the kittens are being transported on the back of Edgar's bike. Maybe. Even if a ride isn't built, it would be nice to see the characters of marie and the rest of the cats around the park. It was just an errant thought.

blurplespark

I am a bit disappointed that the ride they made from Nemo was a coaster,as my young family cant enjoy it,I always thought that Nemo would be a brilliant theme for an exciting,colourful ride.With neon bits even!!!! 8)
I am amazed TBH that there isnt already a ride themed with one of the 'super princesses' Cinderella,Belle,Aurora,and I believe that the Snow white ride concentrates on the wicked step mother/scary stuff.I think we need a beautiful ride (Similar to Peter Pan)for princess fans! :P
Monsters Inc would also be a brilliant theme for a ride,as the story line of the film is almost written for it,you could visit all sorts of 'lands/countries' through a door chase and as was suggested a fast and furious end where you chase around the door storage area,as in the film.They could even have scream/laugh meters on the cars to give you a power-created reading at the end,like Buzz's laser blast!Brilliant! :D
I LOVE the idea of a Princess and the Frog 'wet ride',even if it was a nice boat ride around a lily pond with some of the theme music-not all the 'rides' need to be a HUGE production,my little girl would love something like this,but would probably be disappointed if a Tiana ride was a big fast wet ride!(The same boat ride theme would work with Rapunzels lanterns also.)
I personally am not a fan of Robin Hood,I did love the Lion King,though I'm not sure how well that would transfer to a ride? :?
I LOVE the idea of a TRON ride,there's one that could be fast and furious!I would definately have a go on that!!! =D>
WDW Oct 1991
WDW May 2005
DLRP Sept 2011
DLRP Oct 2012...........
[size=150]x HaVe FaiTh iN yOuR DreAms x[/size]

[size=200] *I THINK I MIGHT BURST*[/size]

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I'd like to a see a ride that incorporated some of the wildlife and scenery from the True-Life Adventures. The buggies could be in the form of safari jeeps and I'd make sure the temperature changed depending on the location.

Otherwise I'd like to see a Dinosaur ride, which I guess wouldn't be too dissimilar to the ride I described above, but with earlier life-forms. Though this may be a bit too like Jurassic Park which probably has a ride in a theme park elsewhere?
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

CafeFantasia

Dinosaur ride? Steve, are you aware of the Dinosaur ride (in jeeps) at Disney's Animal Kingdom?

[youtube:1ymaf6cc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23l-aYPMK34&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube:1ymaf6cc]

And what about the Jurassic Park River Adventure at Universal Studios Hollywood?

[youtube:1ymaf6cc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Siw1zdvxO3M&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube:1ymaf6cc]

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I know very little about the American parks Alan. I'll be sure to check those out when I get home from work. have you been on the rides, are they good?
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Columbiad

I'd love to see a Mary Poppins ride in the Studio, sitting behind the facade of No. 17 in a perfect replica of the Cherry Tree Lane set. It could utilise the two level idea that DLP's Mermaid dark ride could have used: the queuing area would be the bottom floor, snaking through the hall, the living room and the kitchen, before you board an enchanted park bench and ascend the stairs (alá Mary herself.)

Drifting through the hectic Spoonful of Sugar scene in the nursery the bench leaps out the window across London and tilts forward, taking riders into the chalk drawings on the pavements.

Here we discover the carousel and the Supercali. number. From here, it begins to rain and the chalk melts, setting the scene for the poignant "Feed the Birds" scene on the steps of St. Pauls as the sun sets.

From here the bench ascends through the nightime clouds as we join the Step In Time number.

The sun comes up, and, after passing Mary herself sitting on a cloud powering her nose, we drift into the back door of Number 17, disembarking.

CafeFantasia

@PirateSteve

Yes, I've actually been on both of those rides, and I've done the Jurassic Park River Adventure in both Hollywood and Orlando. They both have a few issues, but overall they're great attractions. Disney's Dinosaur has by far the better animatronics, although Universal has the problem of most of theirs being outdoors!

Tinkswishes28

We were having a conversation about this in our morning meeting last week at work. We all realised that there is no ride with Cinderella. I think the ride would work as The Little Mermaid, but instead of seashells you could go around in open pumpkins.

Splash Mountain would be a lovely addition, and maybe one of the rides from epcot could fit into Discoveryland. I think Mission to Space would fit in .

I would also like to see a 4D experience such as The Muppets or A Bugs Life experience.
2005 DLRP

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Columbiad"The sun comes up, and, after passing Mary herself sitting on a cloud powering her nose, we drift into the back door of Number 17, disembarking.

The last scene should definitely include "Lets go fly a kite!" that'd be the perfect ending  :thumbs:

Quote from: "Tinkswishes28"We were having a conversation about this in our morning meeting last week at work. We all realised that there is no ride with Cinderella. I think the ride would work as The Little Mermaid, but instead of seashells you could go around in open pumpkins.

That's an interesting idea, imagine the possibilities with the Bibbidi Bobidi Boo scene? With the dress transformation? It'd be beautiful.

DisneyIsALifestyle

i've been thinking for a while now, why dont they make the PanoraMagique balloon the house from Up? Surely it would be possible!