What Disney film would you like to see a ride based on?

Started by ben mcqueen, January 02, 2011, 03:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbo

TRON !!!!! Ever since I saw the first film I thought it would make a great ride , the style of the film is so unique it would be a fantastic attraction , I would like a Test Track style ride as well for it !
WDW Alien Encounter would be great too , not based on a film and very intense and unique , not one for the kids though !! It was one of the best attractions at the Magic Kingdom before it was ruined in the change with Stitch !

mattboywonder

Mary Poppins!  Practically perfect in every way!  Now wot a ride that could be as the options are limitless!
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

Josh

Maybe this should be the other way around. I'd love to see a film based on Space Mountain. :D
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

treble

this is a very good question & it really got me thinking :)
how about a 'it's a small world' meets 'pirates of the caribbean' classic films ride  :-k or something on the many donald v chip & dale films/cartoons :donald:
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

MAVERICK

I would like a ride based on NATIONAL TREASURE maybee a stunt show like the INDIANA JONES STUNT SHOW, I know we have a stunt show with MOTORS ACTION but its mainly car tricks with a bit of stunt work with NATIONAL TREASURE you could mix the best bits from both films or do an original story with lots of action and stunts.

999ghosts

I didn't think I was going to be the only one who would say TRON.... Would love to see a Tron ride, but somthing new created by the Imagineers. Not an  "out of the box" ride.
The Magic - seen from different points of view... //http://blog.mousekingdom.com
Disneyland Resort Paris //http://www.DLP-Guide.com
Twitter //http://twitter.com/Mousekingdom

DisneyManiac

I agree with loladelorean, it would be a great idea to include an UP ride in the 20th Anniversary at Walt Disney Studios I thought it could be like a simulation where you are in the house as its in the air, you could enjoy the views as the world glides by. Then you hear Russell's voice saying that there is a storm approaching then a type of siren sounds and one of the cast members inform the people to take a seat from that point onward, then it turns into Armeggedon and the house rocks violantly from side to side and your chairs rock but not as much as the house itself. Then slowly the storm gets fiercer, before you can it can't get any worse there's a blackout then thats the end of the ride.

Josh

I suppose there's something similar to that, which is Sourin'. It could be given an Up theme, where the story is that everyone has balloons strapped to them.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Frontierland Fan

I would love to see more Star Wars in the parks, but in the Studios, not Discoveryland.

As for Disney Flims, Home on the Range would work wonderfully in Frontierland. I really like the backgrounds and the songs in that movie and it would be really cool to see in the park.
Out in the land where the men are tough as cactus
Out in the land where the wild, wild west was won
Out in the land of the desperado
If yer as soft as an avocado
Yee-ha! Yer quacamole, son!

Pete's Dragon

Old Yeller.

You get a 12 gauge shotgun, sit by a wooden fence, and then the CM's let loose a pack of rabid Labrador Retriever/Mastiff crossbred dogs.

It would be perfect in Frontierland, almost like a western version of Buzz's Lazer Blast

8)

Pocahontas

I'd like to see a Pocahontas one! Like where she's in the raft singing..perhaps they could make a big drop in the water like when she goes off the waterfall in the raft :) That'd be awesome...

Columbiad

Quote from: "Pocahontas"I'd like to see a Pocahontas one! Like where she's in the raft singing..perhaps they could make a big drop in the water like when she goes off the waterfall in the raft :) That'd be awesome...

That would make a fantastic Splash Mountain theme, and would fit in nicely with Pocahontas's play ground nearby.

Pocahontas

:) I probably wouldnt go on the ride..(Terrified of all that kind of stuff) but id like to see it!! :)

CafeFantasia

Interestingly, Pocahontas was a much bigger hit than The Princess and the Frog, if you go buy budget vs revenue.

Pocahontas: cost $55 million to make, took in $346,079,77 million
Princess and the Frog: cost $105 million to make, took in $267,045,057 million

So Pocahontas made back 6x what it cost to make, whereas the Princess and the Frog only made back 2.5x what it cost to make!

Pocahontas

Interesting!!! :) She is like the forgotten Disney Princess,you hardly ever see any merchandise for Pocahontas!! :(