What Disney film would you like to see a ride based on?

Started by ben mcqueen, January 02, 2011, 03:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben mcqueen

Hi,

i'm new to the forum, i've recently joined up to stay up to date with news as i'm off to stay at Disneyland Paris for a long weekend in a couple of weeks time

anywhoo, i've been thinking just for fun, with all the rumours of the Ratatouille dark ride and also the construction of a Little Mermaid ride in Disneyland California, i wanted to ask you guys which Disney film would you like to see a ride based on at Disneyland Paris which there isn't already one?

For me I would love to see a Robin Hood ride as it's my all time favourite Disney film, they could easily turn it into a dark ride similar to the Snow White and Pinocchio rides in Fantasy Land, or if i were to be a bit more adventerous a log flume ride similar to Splash Mountain based on Robin Hood and Little John being chased by the Kings guards similar to the start of the film,

anyways how about you guys?

davewasbaloo

Hmmmm, my preference is NO attractions based on Disney films as the best attractions Disney have ever done were the originals. But if someone had a gun to my head, then I would say something based either on TRON, Something Wicked This Way Comes, or Wall E would be good.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Like davewasbaloo said, a Tron based ride using the Test Track technology would be nice, but not in Discoveryland. I would prefere the Studios.

CafeFantasia

I'd like to see...

A Princess And The Frog themed Splash Mountain come to Frontierland, in a New Orleans Square area.

An Iron Man themed Soarin' ride come to the Walt Disney Studios Park.

The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster to be rethemed to TRON.

Dolph7800

Rock n Roller Coaster re-themed to be Bon Jovi  :D

Something based on Bedknobs and Broomsticks would be quite cool, as would something from my favourite animated film The Emperors New Groove. Needs a full scale Kuzcotopia!  8)

MissDisneyisMagical

Either Robin Hood or Beauty and the Beast no idea if either of them would work but they are my fave films!
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

SophieD

I've been thinking about this for a while now and the one I would really love to see is a ride based around 'The Rescuers'.
I could see it working as both a dark ride... like Snow White and Pinocchio or being a rollercoaster (Which is what i would prefer).. the rollercoaster theming would be around the scene of the film where Bernard and Bianca fly on the albatross, called Orville, to rescue Penny from Madame Medusa!!  :D  :D  :D  :D

There's quite a few other films I would love to see come 'alive' with a ride but I think 'The Rescuers' is my very favourite!!  :D  :D  :D  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

disneyrules

A beauty and the beast one would be brilliant, the one origionally planned would have been great.
A ride based on the lion king would be great to :)
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

Scissorsboi

Quote from: "SophieD"I've been thinking about this for a while now and the one I would really love to see is a ride based around 'The Rescuers'.
I could see it working as both a dark ride... like Snow White and Pinocchio or being a rollercoaster (Which is what i would prefer).. the rollercoaster theming would be around the scene of the film where Bernard and Bianca fly on the albatross, called Orville, to rescue Penny from Madame Medusa!!  :D  :D  :D  :D

There's quite a few other films I would love to see come 'alive' with a ride but I think 'The Rescuers' is my very favourite!!  :D  :D  :D  :D

I did come up with an idea for a Rescuers ride to go in Adventureland, I made a topic for it here - Rescuers Swamp Buggy Adventure

But I'd really love to see a non toon ride in the parks, Splash Mountain would be ok as there isn't really any Brer Rabbit in the parks anymore, but if they could make it tie into the Thunder Mesa storyline then that'd be so much better! Something using Test Track technology, but in a Frontierland setting would be amazing! Maybe a mine cart adventure through a grizzly forest accelerating through the trees, dodging rocks and fallen stumps? A Test Track version of the Grizzly ride they're building in Hong Kong!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Disney_Dreamer

The Rescuers would be an awseome idea.

I would like to see a ride or something for the aristocats, lady and the tramp or 101 dalmations as there is nothing in the parks that really incorporate those movies and they are three of my favouriite disney films.

However if there was one ride I think disneyland paris needed, it should be splash mountain as all the other disney parks have it. It would be a great addition in Frontierland somewhere near thunder mountain as it would tie in brilliantly,

Sulley

Would love to see a rollercoaster based on the door chase at the end of monsters inc, kinda like crush's coaster 4 seats per door, 2 on each side

loladelorean

I would like to see an Up ride in the Studios, surely something creative could be done with the idea of a flying house?!

Higher on my wishlist though would be classic musical-type shows of Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, or the Lion King again. Any of these could be easily incorporated in Videopolis.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

ben mcqueen

all in all i would love to see some more stuff incorporated with the old classics such as Robin Hood, The Rescuers, 101 Dalmations etc instead of just the new Pixar stuff but the news of Disneyland California building the Little Mermaid ride has given me hope that they havent forgot about all the old classics thats a lot of us grew up on!

mehdi5

A Tron Legacy dark ride with the technology of Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey in Universal Studios Florida.(The robotic arm etc.) Imagine flying around across recognizers, the grid etc and racing lightcycles.

_Natalie_x

Definitely a TRON ride!! I thought about it the first time I saw it actually, it would be a ride for older kids and adults rather that young children because I think it would be quite dark, going through the grid, while riding light cycles!! I think it would be fantastic. It could even have abit of technology like the Buzz Lightyear one where you have to derezz Clu's programs :D:D
i hope theyre thinking up a TRON ride !!!! :D xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]