Javey74's Disney Trip Report [Nov 3rd - 7th 2010]

Started by Javey74, November 08, 2010, 02:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

I used to love the full scale critter coral with Brahma bulls and all sorts, as well as wood carvers (and at Halloween, pumkin carvers). The thing that was great about Woody's was it was the most civilised meet and greets (other than the DLH). But I was surprised given we were there for Easter hols, that it was closed.
since 2001 (many before that)

Javey74

Day 5 – Sunday 7th November 2010

Weather>>
Morning: Cold and cloudy with odd showers
Mid/Afternoon: Cold and cloudy with odd showers
Night: Cloudy and cold

Part 6..The Magic Prevails Regardless Of The Weather...

As usual out rang "Deck The Halls" wake up call on my mobile telling us to get up for our breakfasts. On getting out of bed all of us realised just how much walking we must have done since our calves and feet were really sore and that was just standing up..  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

We all tried to work our legs back in as best as we could with the odd limp..  :mrgreen: Then got ourselves refreshed and headed over to the Chuck Wagon for our 7.00am breakfast slot. Breakfast went fine as ever though we all felt a little weary. I think the only thing that kept us going was the thought that our final day here was virtually a full one which we'd never had on previous trips..  :D/

Anyway after breakfast we headed over to get the bus down to the Disneyland Park, on arriving once more at the gates we had already decided that morning over breakfast to reserve lunch at the Silverspur Steakhouse, as we'd never ate in there before. So our first port of call was City Hall to put our reservation in, again the staff in there are so friendly and helpful you cannot believe..  :D

Well we had to cover our usual haunt for the morning, straight down Mainstreet through the Castle and into Fantasyland. From there it was onto Peter Pans Flight for another pleasant trip, then the breather ride as I call it the Carousel, again Vanessa and Jen went over to the Mad Hatters Spinning Tea Cups afterwards. Then it was back through the Castle up to Discoveryland and Buzz Lightyears Laser Blast..  :D

After coming out of there we could hear the faint music of the Character Express, unfortunately it had just started to rain again so we quickly headed down to the Central Plaza and stood underneath the canopy of the popcorn stand, which is a canny place if you don't want to stand and get wet. Now this is where I introduce my pointless strange picture of the trip. If you have often wondered where all those metal crowd poles get stored around this area, it's right next to us to the side of the stand..  :mrgreen:  

There you go, so now you know..   :lol:   :mrgreen:

Anyway we watched the Express do a loop around the Central Plaza but because of the rain it didn't stop. Now looking at the park guide leaflet today there were extra visitors to the Star Tours area in the way of Star Wars characters..  :)  

Mmmmmm, now this would be something to see, so off we went..  :thumbs:

On approaching Star Tours we could see Darth Vader standing there... Wow, Jen and I couldn't resist a photo each with him..  ;)

Moving on I got talking to Jen about George Lucas and Steven Spielberg which led me onto talking about Indiana Jones and Adventureland and how on another visit I decided to go on the ride and got a real shock at how small that loop really is and the pressure it puts on your back because of the tightness and speed you travel around it. To my amazement Jen said she would give it a go. Well there was no stopping us now, heading over there with an answer like that..  :mrgreen:

We stood in a not so long queue and eventually arrived at the boarding point. I'd already mentioned to Jen that with this ride the safety bars are over your shoulders. Then the worst thing happened for a first time traveller, as the mine cars pulled up we ended up in the front car at the very front, OMG what a view Jen would have from here nothing in front..  :shock:   :mrgreen:

This ride never fails to amaze me as the loop happens so quick, but you can always tell you've gone around it by the G-force on your back pulling you forward on such a small diameter loop. Jen loved it without a doubt and given the chance would ride it again another time. Job well done..  ;)  :D

While we were on 'Indiana Jones The Temple du Peril' Vanessa spotted something in the attraction leaflet that we had missed, and that was the first meet and greet with Rapunzel. This was a must, looking at the time we quickly headed over to the Castle Stage. We were a little early for the meet and greet time and luckily there was only a slight queue which we joined. We waited about 12 minutes then just behind us she appeared with Flynn. Wow what a sight, even more so now thinking back as we'd not seen Tangled as it had not been released in Britain as yet. What a length of hair she was holding..  :o

We were nearing the front, fifteen minutes had elapsed when all of a sudden Rapunzel and Flynn got up and walked off the stage, this should not have happened since the guide times were reading half an hour interval changes..  :?  Rapunzel was replaced with Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen. Oooohhh we were not happy, as you know we'd seen them yesterday..  :x  

There was a woman with her little girl just in front of us who we got talking to who was not happy either since they had queued to see Rapunzel aswell, but more unfortunate for them was that they were leaving the park in roughly an hour to go back home..  :(

Now was the time to speak out, we all had a word with the CM who heard our frustrations and he said that the times had been altered a little to the guide, but said that Rapunzel and Flynn would be back in another half an hour. On expressing our concern about having to rejoin the back of an ever growing queue, he told us not to worry and that if we just stand to one side of the stage in about half an hour he would recognise us and let us back in. Now you cannot complain there, see what a bit constructive criticism can get you..  :D

We decided to head off but keep within the vicinity for our call back time and low and behold we came accoss Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee..  ;)

We then wondered if Darth Vader had been replaced yet over at Star Tours, so we quickly nipped around to see. He had, it was Chewbacca but he was just starting to move with his CM. I just managed to quickly get this shot as he was walking away..  ;)

It was time to head back to the Castle Stage with 5 minutes to spare. We met up again with the woman and her young daughter, having a little chat while we waited for the swop over by the side of the stage. We ended up with a laugh aswell as the woman was talking to her daughter saying, "Now when the Princess asks you a question just give her the answer, but don't go telling her about what you had for breakfast", we asked what she had said, her mam told us that she had been talking to Cinderella and she asked her what her name was, which she give and if she was enjoying herself, which she replied "yes", then out of the blue she said. "I had eggy bread for breakfast you know". Her mam said I just burst out laughing. I can just imagine Cinderella standing there being told that... Awwwhhhh..  :oops:  :mrgreen:

Eventually just brushing past us to walk up the steps onto the stage Rapunzel and Flynn. The CM give us the signal to walk up the same exit steps and stand to the right of the stage. The little girl and her mam went first and the little girl looked overwhelmed standing there talking to them and getting her photo done. Though I'm not sure if she'd mentioned her eggy bread mind..  :lol:  :lol:

The Jen went over, she really admired that length of hair she was holding, just sooooo long. Well I think that must be the first time on any visit were by we had a debut public meet and greet with a new Princess. Definitely worth it though, even if you have to do a little bit of constructive complaining..  :mrgreen:

Heading off the stage we spotted that the Character Express had just stopped around the Central Plaza with Characters dispersing everywhere..  :mrgreen:

More photo shoots were in order..  :thumbs:

You've got to admire the ribbon on his tale..  :mrgreen:

We headed up Mainstreet to see more of the Town Square since it was a lot brighter now, purchasing a doughnut along the way..  =P~ On reaching Town Square we spotted Goofy in his sleigh..  :)

Dinner time was still a few hours away so we though we'd have one last look over at the Studios. On arriving we headed straight over to Toon Studio and found Buzz ready for some photo shoots, then low and behold who comes out. Give me a D an O an N an A an L a D, yep Donald had arrived..  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/

A must..  :thumbs:

Next came the Art of Animation to pass a little more time, it's always nice to come he to relax a little and let the animation come to you..  :D

On exiting The Art of Animation the Stars'n'Cars Parade was mid way through, but one again we noticed that there was no stop. Again because the ground was still a little wet..  :(

Lunch was looming so it was off back to the Disneyland Park through to Frontierland and the Silverspur Steakhouse..  :D

One thing I noticed once inside that it was quite dark with low lighting, which I suppose added to the ambience. It was then I heard live music starting up behind us, nice touch..  :)

For starters Vanessa had Caesar Salad with Reggeano Parmesan and Croutons. I had Tomato Salad with Blue Cheese and Red Onions. Jen had the Santa Fe Prawns with Cocktail Sauce and Coleslaw. Nice starters I must say..  :)

For our main course Vanessa and I both had Steak and Chips and Jen had Beef Burger and Chips. Now that is what we'd been waiting for, the steak was well done as we requested. Definitely no complaints here..  :D

Finally for dessert Vanessa and I had Crème Bruille, which was done the traditional way by setting the top on fire, good for singeing eyebrows that one..  :lol:  Oh and Jen had a Fresh Fruit Fondue, which looked and tasted very nice..  =P~

All in all it was very nice, but we all felt afterwards that it still didn't seem as good against the Plaza Gardens or the Agrabah Café Restaurant, and it didn't have anything to do with not being an all you can eat buffet either. We just couldn't quite put our finger on what it was.. :-k  But you can't win them all for atmosphere or choice..  :)

There was only one thing for it after leaving the Silverspur Steakhouse with full bellies, a nice relaxing ride on the Mark Twain and the River Boat Landing Cruise. I don't know about you but I always find the music that plays in the background on this attraction makes you feel sad, another signal to let you know you'll be leaving shortly..  :cry:

Time was now getting on and there was one final event that we had to see before we left and that was another encounter with "Mickey's Winter Wonderland Show" at the Chaparral Theatre. Heading through Frontierland right up to Woody's Roundup we stood about mid way in the queue, then the gates opened and we headed to our favourite seating area, towards the back and roughly middle. This show always gets you in the Christmas Spirit no matter what. We always enjoy..  =D>  =D>  =D>

I've updated my album with some new photos of the show, which you can view here>> http://public.fotki.com/disneymagic/mic ... nter-wond/

After the show Jen was asking if she could get a Rapunzel Doll that she had spotted in one of the Boutiques in Fantasyland. I could tell that meeting Rapunzel today had definitely inspired her..  :mrgreen:

So we headed over there to get one, the light was fading fast again heading back through the Castle looking back at the illuminated sight close up for the last time on this trip, heading back up Mainstreet we caught the tail end of the Christmas Parade passing through, then it was out of the park heading towards the bus station, again as ever looking backwards every now and again for those last looks. But as we always say, "Bye for now, but we'll be back". Those few chosen words make things just a little easier to deal with when you have to leave this magical place..  :cry:

Anyway, back to the left luggage in the hotel and it was the usual case opening time to add our last minute purchases. The time now being 5.55pm. Mark, the taxi driver who would have picked us up on arriving instead of Nabil came in and saw us at 6.15pm. He was a little early so he was looking for another family to join us to take back to CDG which he eventually found..  :)

I wonder if everyone looks back as they drive towards the airport trying to get a glimpse of one of the attractions at a distance, especially being all lit up in the dark, I know we do..  :)

Arrived at CDG 7.10pm, our flight coming back was not delayed departing at 9.15pm French time, arriving back at Newcastle International Airport at 10.00pm UK time..  :)

What a trip..  :D/  :D/  :D/

We still had another one to make from Newcastle and that was 30 mile drive south to pick up our Gizmo from Vanessa's mams who'd been looking after him whilst we'd been away. Who I will add was pleased to see us. Well we did get him 2 large Disney dog bowls, probably give him a clue where we'd been..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Well it was that winding down phase we had entered on arriving back home, but saying that there's always the usual chores to do as in the washing, present sorting, putting away of vast purchases and biggest of all, photo sorting and editing.. Pheeewww..  :santa:

Oh and on the Trip Report writing front I have proof of time consumption in this area as I'm just writing this last part of my Trip Report as of today the 4th of June 2011 what's that, nearly 7 month on..  :lol:  :lol:  :P

:donald: ...I will follow with a short summary hopefully sometime soon...  ;)  :D

smurfy74

an enjoyable trip report - i loved it and cant wait to go back soon

littlemermaid83

Great report Javey!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Javey74

Quote from: "smurfy74"an enjoyable trip report - i loved it and cant wait to go back soon
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Great report Javey!
Thanks..  :D

MrsPirate

What a wonderful trip report, thank you. What you say about looking back at the castle for the last time, saying goodbye to the park and trying to catch a last glimpse of the rides from outside the park are so true, we do it every time. The only way I can leave is knowing we will go back.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

pinkboxers

Quote from: "Javey74"Oh and on the Trip Report writing front I have proof of time consumption in this area as I'm just writing this last part of my Trip Report as of today the 4th of June 2011 what's that, nearly 7 month on..  :lol:  :lol:  :P

Haha well, something about keeping the memory last as long as possible right... Thanks for the great report, enjoyed reading it!
"It's like when you go and you see a really great band live for the first time, you know, and nobody's saying it but everybody's thinking it: "We have something to believe in again."

Javey74

Thanks for the comments everyone..  :D

cinderslg

Hi loved reading your report  :thumbs:

We go now on the 4th to 7th November. I had been dying to know if we would see Either halloween or xmas theme and it would seem going by last year we might hit lucky and have xmas come early. We leave early afternoon on the 7th so may not get to see shows or parades but always a reason to go back.
The weather seem to be fairly mild, we had been planning on hats scarves gloves etc..... Hopefully we will have mild weather to.
My 3 year old daughter is a big Rapunzel fan, she looks beautiful, I bet your daughter was delighted  :D/  :D/

Javey74

Quote from: "cinderslg"Hi loved reading your report  :thumbs:

We go now on the 4th to 7th November. I had been dying to know if we would see Either halloween or xmas theme and it would seem going by last year we might hit lucky and have xmas come early. We leave early afternoon on the 7th so may not get to see shows or parades but always a reason to go back.
The weather seem to be fairly mild, we had been planning on hats scarves gloves etc..... Hopefully we will have mild weather to.
My 3 year old daughter is a big Rapunzel fan, she looks beautiful, I bet your daughter was delighted  :D/  :D/
Yeah we hit lucky..  :)  I hope you do to and I hope the weather remains mild for you. I know you'll all have a fab time and yes your daughter will just love Rapunzel, mine definitely was delighted and overwhelmed at the same time..  :D

Have a great time..  :D/  :D/  :D/