Disney's Christmas Season (2006)

Started by Kinou, June 12, 2006, 02:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Miss Tinkerbell"Where they store things should be visible on the satellite pics, no?
Well we know the Euro Disney offices, food warehouse and parade buildings, but... all that stuff!! I honestly haven't a clue where they hide it all.

Shame they haven't invented X-ray google maps yet...

Kristof

QuoteI wonder if they still even have them?

Blue Bird saw them on a grass field, overgrown by plants.

Anthony

Lots of Belle's Christmas Village has returned already!

http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20061010/

Dlrpfan

NOOOO! Christmas is ages away but i guess they have to start somewere 8-[
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Poppy The Monkey

Just to let you know that rehersals for this years Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony started on Tuesday - the princesses this year will be taken from the EPC cast and not hired seperatly as in previous years.

So the princesses and princes you see in the Christmas parade will reprise their roles for the ceremony - their morning meet and greet times may be adjusted to start at around Noon, but at the moment there is some confusion, as some of this cast will also have to take part in Fantillusion, so it may be seen that the meet and greets are performed by a different set of princesses.

It looks as though the One Man's Dream section will be cut this year, though this is not a final decision yet, the show director will see how the ceremony runs without it - and it may reappear if she decides its helps the show.

I was told I was on the shortlist to form part of the ceremony at some point, but I managed to sprain my ankle on Sunday - so have been forced to take even more time off, missing the rehersals - so sadly not able to be part in this years show, until at least mid-December :cry:

The Butlin Boy

Construction of Belle's village has finished:

http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_disney_noel_chr ... s_851.html

Dlrpfan

looks like there is no major change to the village
Dan

Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Just to let you know that rehersals for this years Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony started on Tuesday - the princesses this year will be taken from the EPC cast and not hired seperatly as in previous years.

So the princesses and princes you see in the Christmas parade will reprise their roles for the ceremony - their morning meet and greet times may be adjusted to start at around Noon, but at the moment there is some confusion, as some of this cast will also have to take part in Fantillusion, so it may be seen that the meet and greets are performed by a different set of princesses.

It looks as though the One Man's Dream section will be cut this year, though this is not a final decision yet, the show director will see how the ceremony runs without it - and it may reappear if she decides its helps the show.
Thanks for the info!  Does this mean the group of dancers in white will be cut?  They were from the same group as Belle's Musical Medley, right?

I really liked that one man's dream segment, even if it has nothing to do with Christmas. :)

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"I was told I was on the shortlist to form part of the ceremony at some point, but I managed to sprain my ankle on Sunday - so have been forced to take even more time off, missing the rehersals - so sadly not able to be part in this years show, until at least mid-December :cry:
Oh, bad luck. :(  Let us know if you do get to perform in it though.  I'll try and spot you at new year...

ICHAPMAN

Hey There...Hello All!,

Does anyone know yet what the schedule is going to be for the Parade, Fantulission and EFC this year?.

Previous years have seen the Park open to 8pm, which has allowed for the Parade @ 4pm, EFC @ 6pm, and then Fantulission @ 7pm ( I think - from memory).

With the park only open until 7pm on most dates during the Christmas season this year - just wondering how they intend to cramp those 3 - what seem - big productions into the evening.

Thanks

Iain

Anthony

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"Hey There...Hello All!,

Does anyone know yet what the schedule is going to be for the Parade, Fantulission and EFC this year?.

Previous years have seen the Park open to 8pm, which has allowed for the Parade @ 4pm, EFC @ 6pm, and then Fantulission @ 7pm ( I think - from memory).

With the park only open until 7pm on most dates during the Christmas season this year - just wondering how they intend to cramp those 3 - what seem - big productions into the evening.
Hi Iain!  :)

You've made a good point there, that's a lot of entertainment to fit into an early park closing.  I don't know anything definite about the times, and it almost seems like DLRP don't either, since they've not updated their website page (unless they're going to do it when the whole website updates).

In previous years, though, the EFC has been at 5.30pm with Fanti at 7.30pm.  I can see Fanti being moved forward to 6.15pm or 6.30pm perhaps... Still very early though, will it be dark enough?

Poppy The Monkey

It looks like the park hours have been extended for December - answering the timing issues.

http://international.visit.disneylandpa ... ndex.xhtml

For November - Fantillusion is planned for 6.15pm.

ICHAPMAN

The Park Hours - depends on which DLRP website you look at.    The 'old' design site - still the one UK customer are sent to - shows the Park open until 19:00 for most days, where as you highlight the new design shows the Park open until 20:00 most days.

Not overly keen to believe the new site design at the moment - just the December times listed there look 'funny' to me.

From listed page:
09:00-21:00 daily
10:00-20:00 the 08
10:00-20:00 the 22
09:00-22:00 from 23 to 30
09:00-01:00 the 31

Not saying it's wrong, but would just be surprised to see the park open DAILY in December from 9am - 9pm, with the exception of two Friday's - the 8th and 22nd - where it is reduced to 10am - 8pm.   Why not reduced hours on Friday 15th?

However, the listings for Dec 23rd - Dec 31st - probably look as to be expected?.

I've seen some other things listed on this new site design for December which I believe are wrong, based on information on the 'old' site design and various other sources - for example the new site did say Space Mountain was closed for the entire of December - this has now been corrected.

Which to believe....

Miss Tinkerbell

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"It looks like the park hours have been extended for December - answering the timing issues.

http://international.visit.disneylandpa ... ndex.xhtml

For November - Fantillusion is planned for 6.15pm.

Oh yes please please please please pretty please l always have to take the train at 7 pm this way l can see part of the parade again!!!!!

Anthony

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"Not overly keen to believe the new site design at the moment - just the December times listed there look 'funny' to me.

Not saying it's wrong, but would just be surprised to see the park open DAILY in December from 9am - 9pm, with the exception of two Friday's - the 8th and 22nd - where it is reduced to 10am - 8pm.   Why not reduced hours on Friday 15th?
Yeah, details like those on the new site are very strange.  Look at the times for 2007 and they're even more odd - just don't match up to a calendar at all, it's like they picked random days the park should close early.

I think the old website should be trusted for now... :?

Dlrpfan

will the christmas parade go from main street to small world this year like the last? and the same with fanti
Dan