John Lasseter spotted at WDS

Started by Kristof, June 28, 2007, 08:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

You are so lucky, you got to meet him and it was in front of his own creation! :o

Patrick

Can I just be the first to say ugh what an awful shirt :lol: , but nice to hear lasseter visited the studios, just hope dlrp doesn't get too much more pixar invasion in the future, outside of toon studio.

Dlrpfan

oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow!! you are so lucky Bopshop!!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Bopshop

Thanks folks.  It really was special as it was my first trip to the new Toon Studios - felt good to be checking it out as the same time as him.

CafeFantasia

In the photo where John Lasseter is walking with 2 other people, the woman is John's wife and the guy in the black jacket and black cap is (I believe) Tom Fitzgerld, Executive Vice President of WDI. So, if that is indeed Tom Fitzgerld, it's re-assuring to know that someone of his high position is involved in the Walt Disney Studios. Nice to know that they have some of the top Imagineers from Glendale working on it.

Kristof

Quote from: "Alan"In the photo where John Lasseter is walking with 2 other people, the woman is John's wife and the guy in the black jacket and black cap is (I believe) Tom Fitzgerld, Executive Vice President of WDI. So, if that is indeed Tom Fitzgerld, it's re-assuring to know that someone of his high position is involved in the Walt Disney Studios. Nice to know that they have some of the top Imagineers from Glendale working on it.

Former Vice President of WDI... Link

He was also here during the 15th Anniversary press event.

Maarten

Here's a quote from the new Al Lutz article over at MiceAge:

QuoteThen came the corporate shake-up crafted by Bob Iger to divorce the Company from the biggest mistakes of the Eisner era, and in stepped Pixar's John Lasseter as Disneyland's favorite new uncle who was happy to lavish unprecedented political clout on the Anaheim property. It was a one-two punch of both financials and politics that vaulted the Disneyland Resort from an aging afterthought to a stylish flagship with untapped potential in the minds of key executives like Bob Iger and Parks chief Jay Rasulo.

Meanwhile, Lasseter happily keeps the bigwigs focused on Anaheim so they aren't too distracted by the continuing struggles in Hong Kong and Paris. Not since Walt visited Disneyland almost weekly in the 1950's and 60's has so much of Burbank's corporate attention been focused on Anaheim.

I just don't get it. Why does Lasseter only care about Anaheim?  :?

Bopshop

Ah Al Lutz....used to read his stuff years ago when I was planning a trip to Anaheim.......

:twisted:

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"I just don't get it. Why does Lasseter only care about Anaheim?  :?
I suppose at the end of the day, he could moan and beg all he likes for more improvements at DLRP, but nothing will give Euro Disney SCA the money to complete them overnight.

California seems to be the resort with the most untapped potential (apart from HK maybe), with a second gate that seems to need a serious amount of change. And of course, it's John's home park/resort.

$1bn they say is budgeted for DCA now?  DLRP managed to get five attractions and two placemaking projects from just over a quarter of that!  It must be bad...

disney_donutter

Q: how jealous am I!?... A: Very!!!