Replacement Rides

Started by Magic M, November 29, 2008, 02:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic M

In the history of Disneyland parks it is common-place to replace one attraction with another in its wake...

Am I right in thinking that since DLRP was lanched in 1992 only one attraction has bit-the-dust?  I'm talking about 9-Eye in the Visionarium.

Now as we hear about the possible demise of attractions (Armageddon SFX etc, Festival Theatre) I raise the question - is it better to replace the old or build something extra?

Bettan

I think it's better to build new attractions on a new place. But if an attraction is out of date it could be replaced.

Which attractions do you think could be replaced with something new? I think they can replace Honey, I Shrunk The Audience with something else.

A new attraction I would like is Splash mountain.

ICHAPMAN

Quote from: "Magic M"Am I right in thinking that since DLRP was lanched in 1992 only one attraction has bit-the-dust?  I'm talking about 9-Eye in the Visionarium.

Didn't HISTA replace an attraction called "Captain Eno" - some film show with Michael Jackson.

ColdSun

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"
Quote from: "Magic M"Am I right in thinking that since DLRP was lanched in 1992 only one attraction has bit-the-dust?  I'm talking about 9-Eye in the Visionarium.

Didn't HISTA replace an attraction called "Captain Eno" - some film show with Michael Jackson.

yes, it did...the Michael Jackson thing was also a 3D movie (and I thought it was great :D )

Magic M

It was called Captain E-O and yes you're right on that!

The movie was made by Lucasfilm and Industrial Light and Magic and is awesome!

Its available to download on YouTube...

The Butlin Boy

A couple more for your list:

-Space Mountain: De la Terre a la Lune was replaced by Space Mountain: Mission 2
-Indiana Jones was replaced with a backwards version
-Indiana Jones Backwards was replaced with a forward version :wink:
-The Disney Channel attraction was replaced by Stitch Live and (soon) Playhouse Disney Live

:)

-breeno-

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"A couple more for your list:

-Space Mountain: De la Terre a la Lune was replaced by Space Mountain: Mission 2
-Indiana Jones was replaced with a backwards version
-Indiana Jones Backwards was replaced with a forward version :wink:
-The Disney Channel attraction was replaced by Stitch Live and (soon) Playhouse Disney Live

:)

... and the Old Mill which is now used as a thing that sells drinks ;)  There was talks of the old mill coming back but i don't think it will, i thought it was great as well :(
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

david

i can't say i would be upset if autopia was replaced by something- its has such a great location in discoveryland and, in my opinion, its pretty lame.

Kristof

Quote... and the Old Mill which is now used as a thing that sells drinks ;) There was talks of the old mill coming back but i don't think it will, i thought it was great as well :(

"The Old Mill" food stand was already in the park on opening day.  The attraction was added to it the year after.  :)

N-Igmagineer_88

Quote from: "davidrsykes"i can't say i would be upset if autopia was replaced by something- its has such a great location in discoveryland and, in my opinion, its pretty lame.

I have to agree with you here.It doesn't seem to have any special experience to offer.However,i don't think it could ever be replaced as it's considered an all time classic DL ride(it exists in all Disney resorts except HK i think) and is especially popular with the kids.
\'\'I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse\'\'-Walt Disney

Willow

Quote from: "N-Igmagineer_88"
Quote from: "davidrsykes"i can't say i would be upset if autopia was replaced by something- its has such a great location in discoveryland and, in my opinion, its pretty lame.

I have to agree with you here.It doesn't seem to have any special experience to offer.However,i don't think it could ever be replaced as it's considered an all time classic DL ride(it exists in all Disney resorts except HK i think) and is especially popular with the kids.

I llove Autopia but the space which is takes up is huge, 1 or even 2 huge attractions could be built in its place.

Willow

Quote from: "Willow"

I love Autopia but the space which is takes up is massive, 1 or even 2 huge attractions could be built in its place.

Owain

Quote from: "N-Igmagineer_88"(it exists in all Disney resorts except HK i think) and is especially popular with the kids.

Yeah, Hong Kong got it as a new ride i think a year after the resort opened.
I couldve thought of much better things to be added than autopia  :roll:
But i guess it all depends on budjet, even though in the long run autopia to me would seem very exspensive to run !

N-Igmagineer_88

Quote from: "Willow"

I llove Autopia but the space which is takes up is huge, 1 or even 2 huge attractions could be built in its place.

Well,i don't think space is a problem,i think it's mainly the financing issue like Owain said.If they wanted to add new attractions they could attach them to the inner ring like they did with ''Le Pays des Contes de Fees'',or they could make use of the huge space surrounding Indiana Jones.
\'\'I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse\'\'-Walt Disney