[TDR] Tokyo Disneyland Hotel - 2008

Started by Skellington, March 12, 2006, 07:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Pan

It is just so... WOW :!:  :!:

The external's fit in with everything I remember from the Willow Pattern Story, It is simply amazing!

Remco K.

Nice video of the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel can be found here:

//http://video.mainichi.co.jp/viewvideo.jspx?Movie=48227968/48227968peevee175400.flv

Enjoy!

Kellogs

It really looks amazing.

Does anyone know how much it costs to stay? The online resevation can only be done in Japanease!

:)

davewasbaloo

It is the same price as the Miracosta, which is similar in price to the DLH in Paris. I prefer the Miracosta, but this has some great features. And will feel very different for the people of Japan I think. I think they learnt from the mistakes of the DLH in Paris and built on it.

Only complaint is the pool seems really small, like our DLH.
since 2001 (many before that)

Owain

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I think they learnt from the mistakes of the DLH in Paris and built on it.

:o What mistakes ?

davewasbaloo

A few, like not having many park views, restaurant capacity being too small, 5 star clientele having different retail needs. DLH in Paris is nice, but it does not offer the same level of ameneties as the US or Japanese Deluxe hotels.
since 2001 (many before that)

pussinboots

I just don't know about this hotel. It looks like a lot of money was pumped into it (of course -- it's TDR), but it's just too big and plastic. The surroundings look awful -- a Victorianized parking structure? Are you serious? Plastic topiaries? Why? It all just seems very faux. Vegas-style faux.

The inside doesn't look all that charming either. Luxurious, yes, spacious, yes, charming, hardly. The artwork is treacly, the wallpaper somber.

The DLH may lack in amenities, but it's a thousand times more lovable than this behemoth. Now, the MiraCosta...

Maarten

Quote from: "pussinboots"I just don't know about this hotel. It looks like a lot of money was pumped into it (of course -- it's TDR), but it's just too big and plastic. The surroundings look awful -- a Victorianized parking structure? Are you serious? Plastic topiaries? Why? It all just seems very faux. Vegas-style faux.

I agree with you Puss. Although the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel seems to have many pro's (look at that view for example, simply priceless) it seems a bit too fake (over the top) and massive for some reason. To me this hotel is an example that bigger is not always better.

The rooms and lobby however seem far better then at our Disneyland Hotel. Im not sure, but I think I would prefer Hotel MiraCosta and even the Ambassador Hotel over the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Maarten"I agree with you Puss. Although the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel seems to have many pro's (look at that view for example, simply priceless) it seems a bit too fake (over the top) and massive for some reason. To me this hotel is an example that bigger is not always better.

The rooms and lobby however seem far better then at our Disneyland Hotel. Im not sure, but I think I would prefer Hotel MiraCosta and even the Ambassador Hotel over the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel.

Oh yes, I forgot about the Ambassador. That one looks wonderful too. All that marvelous art deco... I've never been there, but it looks like it just might put the WDW/DLP Graves hotels to shame.

I think -- to continue rambling, haha -- the main problem I have with the TDLH is that they shoehorned it into this very industrial area. It's all landfill, asphalt and parking lots. The entrance to Tokyo Disneyland isn't exactly a pleasant area either. So to put up this enormous, pseudo-Victorian thing right in the middle of it all... It just doesn't strike me as "magical". At the other end of the spectrum, DLP's Fantasia Gardens provide a far less forced experience.