more securty at Resorts

Started by Magicboy, June 12, 2007, 10:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicboy

Since some weeks are installed new cameras in Hotels, Disney Village and Wds and Disneyland Park.  At weekend is a new camera at Billy Bob western Saloon (disney Village) installed.

Nicholas-c

i think its because summer is coming up

more guest = more chance for problems and security issues
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

giorgio1712

Out of interest are there many security issues, if so what?!?!?!

Nicholas-c

ive never heard of security issues, they more than likely keep it quite but better safe than sorry
July 2009 - All alone

Soap

Well i guess that's a good thing. Some years back the Village was becoming some spot where a lot of young outsiders (not guests i mean) where "hanging" around and creating a bit of a tension.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

davewasbaloo

I'm afraid DLP very much gets it's share of issues.  I don't want to ruin the magic, but I personally have witnessed drug issues, fights, knives and in one case a guy with a gun.  Also DLP has a big problem with organised pick pocket gangs and break in thefts at the hotels.  

Disney has always had high levels of security (even in the states back in the 70's).  This is just uping the ante.
since 2001 (many before that)

Nicholas-c

and thats why we have security checks im guessing :S im scared now :p

pick pockets and break ins into hotel rooms are bound to happen in any built up area but disney do there best! they cant really do much about pick pockets because personally knowing a trick or two (never used on another person) its very very easy to do it un noticed and get away.

as for the hotel rooms, im sure the corridors etc are covered in CCTV and disney do provide you with a safe which i recommend using
July 2009 - All alone

miss disney fan

on one of our trips to dlrp, mum my seem to locked her self out of the room, it was in the afternoon and one of the maids was there, anyhow the maid let my mother in the room with her key card and never asked to see any ID from mother  :?

my mum could have been anyone  :roll: