HELP PLEASE - Adding an extra night at Davy Crockett room only... anyone done it

Started by Mrsya, May 19, 2017, 01:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

So, I've read somewhere on here that someone has booked an extra night - ROOM ONLY - at DCR to add onto the end of their stay. A brilliant idea that I wish I'd thought of for our last 4 trips!

I've found it for £167 on Expedia and other sites. Rang Disney and they're quoting £278! Disney have said that we won't be guaranteed to stay in the same cabin... even less likely if I book it with a third party! so, we might end up having to pack, check out, move cabins and then pack up and check out for a second time!! Not sure if that hassle is worth staying one extra night. The idea is that we'll be able to stay in the park until closing on our last day, drive home well-rested and not have to rush around the park for a few hours and then speed to Calais on our last day.

Anyone done it and been able to stay in the same cabin? If I book through Expedia should I request the booking be linked to our booking? Help!

NCC1701Q

We booked in February through Expedia for a week, room only as we all have AP's.
However, the whole week was not bookable, but we could book Sunday through Wednesday and Wednesday through Saturday.
Expedia told us we had to change cabins midweek.

We emailed the reception before arrival, asking if they could make it work out so we didn't have to change. Upon arrival we were told there was no problem and we could stay in the same cabin all week.

Funny detail: during the week, Expedia mailed us several times, offering us an upgrade because of booking problems but the reception told us there was no problem at all and the upgrade was only in a different part of the park, not in type cabin, so we kindly declined towards Expedia.

TL:DR: mail the reception after booking and hope they can arrange it so you don't have to switch. Saves them cleaning a cabin after one night use.

Mrsya

Thanks very much for your reply! I have tried to email DC today but had a reply saying they don't respond to booking queries via email... have you got the email address you used so I can cross check it please? I'm hoping that's the case as I've paid extra for a pioneer cabin in the hope of staying put!

NCC1701Q

Hi there,

the mailaddress is DLP.CPG.FRONT.OFFICE@disney.com
but you can also phone them directly on Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch: (33) (1) 60 45 69 33