Dairy free treats?

Started by SarahAndSquirrel, April 27, 2016, 09:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SarahAndSquirrel

Its a long stretch, but i am researching and would like to pick your brains.
I'm researching the heck out of my eating options at the moment.

I avoid gluten but i could probably handle a few days of it while there, but milk and butter product is a big baddy for me.
I've read about the free from menu and heard reports that its basically gross. All of it. Saving grace being the breakfast items for breakfast buffets which i am so relieved to hear.

Is there any sign around the eateries that anyone has spotted or actually ordered, of dairy free treats? Dairy free milk for hot drinks? I would jut be so thrilled if there was something other than fruit i could eat for dessert.
First visit to DLP June 2016, time to get planning!

WDW 2012 Disneymoon

bad-pink-tink

I doubt if the restaurants in Disney have soya or other dairy free milk but there is a Starbucks in Disney Village so you can get your caffeine fix. I know they have gluten free muffins too.

Buffets would be your best bet, places like Plaza Gardens or  Restaurant des Stars.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

SarahAndSquirrel

I think you may be right there! If i have to live in fries for hot food after my breakfast (where i am provided plenty of gluten and dairy free goodness including cookies and muffins and bread! Yay!) then so be it, but I am seriously hoping someone pops up and says "GOOD NEWS! They've released a dairy free/gluten free ice cream/cupcake/pretzel/krispy bar!"

WDW 2012 Disneymoon

polar vixen

safe and completely unhealthy treat options are candy gloss and the Mickey meringue head that they sell I  the sweet shop on the right off main street.  also if you have a good plan abd get a pause gouemande voucher tge only treats on that are donut or magnun but I've just explained my boys are allerGic to milk and gluten abd ask for a fresh fruit cup instead abd it's never been a problem. 

billy

Quote from: polar vixen on April 27, 2016, 11:44:27 PM
safe and completely unhealthy treat options are candy gloss and the Mickey meringue head that they sell I  the sweet shop on the right off main street.  also if you have a good plan abd get a pause gouemande voucher tge only treats on that are donut or magnun but I've just explained my boys are allerGic to milk and gluten abd ask for a fresh fruit cup instead abd it's never been a problem.
when we were there in feb the fruit cup was a standard option along with the donut and ice cream, also ask them if you can have the hot chocolate without milk made just with water. this should be possible unless the hot choc comes straight from a machine.

SarahAndSquirrel

What a shame. :/ I must admit, fruit cups do not thrill me.

Some part of me is really inclined just to wean myself back onto dairy for the sake of delicious things for 4 days in Disney. I mean, last time i was at a Disney park i could eat everything and have dreamed of it since, its only since then that i've quit and started getting reactions in the absence of it all in my symptoms... idiot idea. But i can dream, and probably only stick to the dream on account of Ouchyvom.

WDW 2012 Disneymoon

seraphelle

Mickey meringue heads are gorgeous, but they have a bit of chocolate on so I'm not sure if you would need to munch around that part?
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019