Shows/closures

Started by Bellefan, May 21, 2016, 12:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bellefan

I'm so sorry to be such a massive numpty, because I'm sure the answers to this are on here somewhere, but, we arrive in about a fortnight, and I was wondering does anyone know:

1) what time Dreams starts at night?

2) Is Pizza Planet still closed? And if so, until when?

3) Are the refurbishments at Cheyenne (where we're staying) making a difference/having an impact on the wonderfullness of the place??

Thanks in advance x
May 1995 Santa Fe & Davy Crockett Ranch
May 1997 Santa Fe
Sept 1998 Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2005 Santa Fe
Sept 2007 Santa Fe
Sept 2008 Newport Bay Club
Mar 2013 Cheyenne

Ohana

Dreams is either 22:30 or 23:00. Not sure about Pizza Planet but about Cheyenne, I walked around there last Saturday at the end of my trip and really liked it, never stayed there before and wish I'd chosen it over the Santa Fe this time around because it was so cool, like a proper cowboy village. There is works going on towards the far end but it still looked like a cool little town, so I'd say the works are making little impact on the feel of the place at the moment, however I'm not sure if this will change within the next few weeks?
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Bellefan

Ah, that's good news, thank you. I can only presume they're coming to the end of the refurb as they approach the busy summer season.
Might struggle to keep the kids awake for the Dreams show.... A "disco nap" wouldn't work for my kids; once they're asleep, they're asleep!! :D :D
May 1997 Santa Fe
Sept 1998 Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2005 Santa Fe
Sept 2007 Santa Fe
Mar 2013 Cheyenne

Zee79

Unfortunately refurbs dont stop during any season they just try to minimise noise & disruption. The Cheyenne is having a refurb for the next year so work will be going on  all over summer.

Pizza Planet is hit or miss with opening times. We've missed it every time we have been to DLP even when it was stated it would be open.

When our kids were younger they managed dreams but as soon as the last firework went off they were asleep so if yours can still go in a pushchair I would recommend it because  its a long way back carrying sleeping children, even if you are using the shuttle  :)

Bellefan

They're 6 & 4. They usually go to bed around 7pm on school nights, but I've had a cunning plan... They're off the week before we go, so I might keep them up later and later each day in prep and watch Dreams on the first day we're there, so they won't be bushed after a full day in the parks (we arrive quite late on the first day)  :D
May 1997 Santa Fe
Sept 1998 Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2005 Santa Fe
Sept 2007 Santa Fe
Mar 2013 Cheyenne

Zee79

That is an idea, you could always then not do EMH the next morning giving them a little longer in bed if you have have enough data to visit. The main park is staying open later now so they will be long days.

Ohana

Im 25 and struggled to stay up to watch dreams during long opening hours, I found going to the hotel just to chill half way through the day gave me enough energy to plough through haha. Also remember, it's a holiday, sugar is your friend ;)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel