It's time...

Started by Ohana, May 27, 2016, 12:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

OK so I've been to DLP twice in the past 6 months, and now I've decided to broaden my horizon - the saving and planning for WDW has officially begun!

Had some bad news recently that the owner of my flat has hoiked the rent up a fair whack, and there's no way we're paying any more than we do now, A. because it's not worth it and B. because he's a little sneak for increasing the rent just 1 month before it renews - giving us less than that to now hunt down a new property, and I've discovered this is officially the worst time of year to be looking! But anyway, what with those silver linings that tend to come free with great heavy clouds nowadays, I felt I'd use this situation to my advantage, find a place with cheaper rent and bills, and get more money put away each month for WDW. Plus the planning is cheering me up somewhat :)

So yeah... that's me really, hoping to go next September! So that gives me about 460ish days to wait? I'm sure that's enough time to get saving and planning :D only thing is, has anyone been to WDW the same year they've booked it? I'm hoping to book it at the very start of the year so I don't miss out on the 6 month ADR thing, I HAVE TO get a reservation at Be Our Guest. It's non negotiable.
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

NCC1701Q

How exciting!
What a douche-of-a-landlord but as you say - the silver linings might take you to WDW if everything works out. Hopefully it does!

Puffin

Planning for WDW is almost half the fun and there is sooooo much too plan. 8)
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

daddyof2

I'm already planning for WDW 2018 (my kids are too young just yet) so will look forward to reading about your plans

wimmekepunk

We're currently planning for September 2016.

We have booked the plan tickets, the resort we're staying at. We have determined a large number of restaurants and the parc(s) we're going to visit for all but one day. The fats pass bookings will start in a month and a half.
feb2020 WDW Pop Century+Boardwalk
sep2019 DLP offsite
sep2019 DLP Sequoia
may2019 DLP Sequoia
apr2019 DLR offsite
dec2018 WDW Pop Century+Old Key West
oct2018 DLP Sequoia
jun2018 DLP Sequoia
apr2018 DLP Sequoia
sep2017 DLP Off Site
jan 2017 DLP Sequoia
oct 2016 DLP Sequoia
sep 2016 WDW Saratoga Springs
jun 2016 DLR Off Site
apr 2016 DLP Sequoia
jan 2016 DLP Sequoia
dec 2015 DLP Sequoia
oct 2015 WDW Off Site
jun 2015 WDW Off Site
apr 2015 DLP Sequoia
oct 2013 DLP Off Site
apr 2013 DLP Off Site

fairymom

LOL I have always said I'd be happy just with DLP but after our last trip I got turned on to the idea of WDW. My sister and BIL are planning for next year anyway so I decided to tell them to plan us in too. This is great because they've been before so they can do all the legwork with some input from me as to what we'd like to do (anything? everything? lol) and then we just pay and go.
Looking at 2 weeks from next Easter Monday which will be April next year.

Good luck with the flat hunting and as you say, every cloud....  ;D