Bistrot Chez Rèmy

Started by Disney Magic, February 06, 2016, 05:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney Magic

We have been many times to Disneyland Paris but this will be are first time eating at Bistrot Chez Rèmy - I think this is one of the newest restaurants in the park and we would like to know what it's like? We have 2 fussy eaters. One that will only have things that he's tried before and is obsessed with English food. A day in Disneyland wears you out and I don't want my son being hungry at 11:00 when we are watching the fireworks. Most of are other days we have booked buffets  so their is a selection of different things for them to try. Do anyone recommend Bistrot Chez Rèmy ??? And if so is there a selection of different things on the menu ???  :) :)

Karen101

Here is the menu link

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/bistrot-chez-remy/

It is traditional French food, and I have heard it's not for fussy eaters ... I can't advise on the quality but we are hoping to eat there when we visit in July.

15stitch

I ate there with my son last year, and I have to say I wasn't that impressed with the food.

The décor and service were amazing, but the menu was very limited and I personally was disappointed with the food.  From memory I had a salad for starter which was very plain, and the cod for main.  It was really tasteless as was the ratatouille unfortunately.  The deserts I can remember being really good though. 

I was so disappointed as I was really looking forward to our meal.  And this was the only meal of the entire 5 days I didn't enjoy. 

I might of just been unlucky on the day I went however!  And I'm currently debating whether to try it again when we visit in May. 
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

dag1986

Hi there,

been there last year around this time of the year...a little surprise for my girlfriend (right after getting off the ride I told her "look what I found in one of the mice" and showed the reservation to her...!).

We went for the Emile menu: 1 Starter, 1 Main Course, 1 Dessert & 1 Drink.

The interior...just...wow. On Par with Blue Lagoon to me, just amazing, and immersive...that alone was worth the price.
Yeah...about the price...quite high, I must say, but if you consider it as a "once in a lifetime" thing...

As mentioned by stitch, the starter, which is the same for the cheapest menus, is a mixed salad, and...really nothing much to say about it. It's a salad, that's all.

We both went for the steak afterwards, and I must say...maybe the best dish I had in all of the Parks restaurants. Nothing fancy, just a fairly sized steak (and I'm a big guy...!) properly cooked with a tasty gravy on the side and ratatouille (of course) on the side...excellent.

The dessert was also good, we had a Chocolate cake with crème anglaise and an apple tartlet...but going back I would definitely choose the chocolate mousse...it looked awesome!

Again, quite expensive, but if you're coming out of the ride mesmerized as I was the first time, you cannot miss that.

Hope this helps! ;)
DLP Visits:
June 2006 - Magic Circus Hotel;
January 2013 - Cheyenne Hotel;
January 2014 - Santa Fe' Hotel;
January 2015 - Santa Fe' Hotel;
December 2015 - Kyriad Hotel;
February 2016 - Kyriad Hotel;
November 2016 - Kyriad Hotel;
Coming next:
November 2017 - Vienna House Dream Castle...
and counting...

never2old

We love that restaurant. The menu doesn't offer a huge choice, but it's enough for us. We always go for the Emile Menu; the salad for the starter is just a salad, but I personally really like it, the dressing particularly is delicious. Then we go for the steak (you also have the choice of fish or vegetarian), and it's really cooked perfectly - and the chef's sauce is really yummy! By the time dessert comes we're always on the full side, but always find a bit of room... The chocolate mousse is very good, the tiramisu not bad (personally I prefer the mousse). My husband always goes for the cheese (with a glass of red wine on the side) and loves it.

We've been there a few times and always had really good meals :)

arvidbux

Atmosphere and decor is amazing. Just for that I would go back. But indeed, menu is limited and do need to like that type of food. Dessert was good, but after two courses it was hard to finish it all.

Looking for a great meal, I would pass (especially with the prices) but for the decor and the rest, it is worth it. I just hoped that they incorporated the ride a bit more than what they have now.