Where to Eat?

Started by Ohana, August 16, 2015, 06:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

I've posted similar to this before but tomorrow it's exactly 3 months until we fly (weeee!) and I'm creating an itinerary so we're not wandering around, bumping into each other blindly not knowing what we're doing or where to go and when.

We've planned all of our eating for every meal except for Saturday afternoon (and our Paris excursion, but I'll get to that!)

My choices are:

California Grill - amazing looking food, right up my street
Blue Lagoon - OH likes the look of the menu, I'm not to keen, but setting looks good
Chez Remy - Cool looking setting but very boring menu (I'm not big on steak, fish or salads haha)
King Ludwig - decent looking food

I've pretty much got my heart set on California Grill, my only worry is the cost. I'm trawling around trying to find a menu but not sure if they're up to date.. do we need to order off the set menu (which appears rather pricey) or can we order a la carte, and just like get a main and dessert or just a main?

Also does anyone know if they still do the Blanche Neige dessert, the big red ball thing with dry ice, and also, what is it?!  ;D

Also, we're going into Paris on the afternoon of our penultimate day and were going to eat out there. We'll be going to all the usual tourist traps, of course ;) and was just wondering if anyone had been to any exceptional restaurants in the city that they can suggest?

Thanks fellow mousketeers!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

DisneyRon

Quote from: Ohana on August 16, 2015, 06:17:40 PM
I've posted similar to this before but tomorrow it's exactly 3 months until we fly (weeee!) and I'm creating an itinerary so we're not wandering around, bumping into each other blindly not knowing what we're doing or where to go and when.

We've planned all of our eating for every meal except for Saturday afternoon (and our Paris excursion, but I'll get to that!)

My choices are:

California Grill - amazing looking food, right up my street
Blue Lagoon - OH likes the look of the menu, I'm not to keen, but setting looks good
Chez Remy - Cool looking setting but very boring menu (I'm not big on steak, fish or salads haha)
King Ludwig - decent looking food

I've pretty much got my heart set on California Grill, my only worry is the cost. I'm trawling around trying to find a menu but not sure if they're up to date.. do we need to order off the set menu (which appears rather pricey) or can we order a la carte, and just like get a main and dessert or just a main?

Also does anyone know if they still do the Blanche Neige dessert, the big red ball thing with dry ice, and also, what is it?!  ;D

Also, we're going into Paris on the afternoon of our penultimate day and were going to eat out there. We'll be going to all the usual tourist traps, of course ;) and was just wondering if anyone had been to any exceptional restaurants in the city that they can suggest?

Thanks fellow mousketeers!

On the California Grill :  you can go à la carte, and I assume they won't be too bothered if you don't take an appetizer. The food is very nice indeed.
They were doing the Temptation of Snow White last September, and as recent as last June.

As for what it is, as close as I could tell it's a big ball of Mousse, covered in soft red sugar with a small ball of vanilla ice-cream in the very center. It's quite heavenly, though a fair bit bigger than you'd think. ;)
And it is sure to draw attention when it's brought out to the table. ;D

I've included a transcript from the menu made by someone who visited in June.
Quote from: stifle on June 22, 2015, 10:10:56 PM
Here we go

To start with
Burrata & baby beetroot with a drizzle of truffle oil €27 (T)
Semi-smoked salmon fillet with a creamy Meaux mustard sauce €27 (T)
Brie de Favières tart with ham and a mixed-leaf salad dressed with a Nemours poppy vinaigrette €19 (P)
Sweetcorn and crab soup with a light tonka bean mousse €18 (P)
Semi-cooked duck and Chardonnay foie gras with smooth apricot chutney €29 (T)
Crispy coriander langoustine served with rocket and cranberry wasabi €29
Caesar-style California Grill salad €31
Beef terrine with a creamy sweet mustard sauce and pickled carrots €19 (P)
Sharing platter with beef terrine, langoustines, smoked salmon and foie gras €49

What else?
Roast lobster in citrus butter with a fennel and yuzu compôte €66
Scallops, porcini mushroom risotto, and saffron shellfish foam €49 (T)
John Dory fillet and creamy leeks in a delicate garlic butter and ginger tart with seasonal vegetables €55
Beef fillet served with a Californian wine sauce, porcini mushroom and aubergine confit, and a blue cheese and fresh herb potato cake €55 (T)
Mini roast loin of veal served with a beetroot and elderberry demi-glaze, and an apple and truffonade sauce €49 (T)
Mildly spicy vegetable curry served with wild red rice €40 (P)
Quercy leg of lamb served with a rosemary and orange infusion, kidney beans, and broad beans cooked with chorizo and roasted parsnip – for two guests to share €99

Sea bream and red sea bream fillet pan fried in a coconut sauce and served with soba noodles with vegetables and curry (P only)
Free-range roast chicken supreme in a full-bodied smoked scarmoza sauce with wild rice (P only)

As a treat
Selection of ice creams €20 (P)
Beauty and the Beast (Charlotte cake with pink Reims biscuits, rose of Provins confit, and a passion fruit and rose mousse) €28 (T)
Frozen (coconut jelly with violet and blackcurrant mousse) €25
Snow White's Temptation €25 (T)
Our selection of fine cheeses €20 (P/T)

Chocolate and morello cherry delight served with vanilla mousse (P only)

Vacherin birthday cake for 4-8 people (order before your meal) €27

Drinks
Soft drinks €5.50 (33cl glass bottle)
Wine from €34 per bottle
Champagne from €60 per bottle
Full menu available at the venue

Set menus
Tasting menu €125 – starter, hot starter, fish and meat, cheese, desserts and petits fours
Tinker Bell menu €80 – starter, main course, and dessert from the items marked (T) above
Premium menu only available to holders of Premium meal plan vouchers – no cash price; starter, main course and dessert from the items marked (P) above.

Kids menu
For children aged 3 to 11 inclusive
€35 including 33cl Vittel water, orange or apple Minute Maid juice (15cl), milk (20cl), or soft drink (25cl)

Starters
Velouté of seasonal vegetables
Turkey maki and mixed-leaf salad
Cucumber tartar and smoked salmon

Main courses
Fillet of sea bream, basmati rice and lobster bisque
Spaghetti as you like it: tomato sauce, bolognese, or plain
Chicken drumsticks, roasted baby potatoes and green beans

Desserts
Chilled morello cherry soup
Selection of ice creams
Chocolate-filled hedgehog