Plus Vs Premium?

Started by plzsm, January 13, 2015, 05:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plzsm

Hello
we (2 adults and 2 kids) are in the process of booking a 4 day trip in July to Cheyenne. We have been twice before staying at New York and Cheynenne which I guess isn't really relevant but thought Id mention it. Previously we have always done our own thing foodwise but last time the McDonalds queue finished us off so we have decided to go for a meal plan. We are considering the Plus or Premium options. Just wondered if anyone had any great opinions on which is best in terms of is the premium worth the extra. We haven't done the Auberge or Buffalo Bills and thought we might this time. Someone kindly mentioned on here yesterday that we could take the Plus and then pay the difference for the Auberge and BB days, but then I was wondering where we might eat on the other days. I think we would do Café Micky one day. I have read on here that both Inventions and Café du Remy are good. I think the latter is in the Plus option but not the former. In general any thoughts about which restuarants to prioritise, whether the upgrade is worth it or comments would be much appreciated if anyone has time.

Also we were thinking half board as full board would probably be too much. Do most people have a big breakfast, the snack at 3 and then a dinner in the evening??

thank you and apologies if this has been covered in other places and I haven't seen it

cheers
Ed :D

Disney Matt

If you go on the Disney site & look at the brochure online a s a PDF it shows what restaurants are included in each section.
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

plzsm

Thanks for that, I have looked at those, just wondering if people had any specific recommendations ie must visits and if people felt the upgrade to premium was worth it?

DisneyRon

I've done both Full Board Plus and Full Board Premium, and the biggest difference is that premium gives you a little more choice at the Plus supported restaurants (as you can eat à la carte rather than from a set menu you get at some of these) and it gives you the option of eating at Inventions, the California Grill (only the set menu is on the plan, the rest you'll be paying extra for), Auberge de Cendrillon (princesses and good food in an amazing setting, very nice) and the Premium Menu at Chez Remy all paid with a voucher with no extra cost included unless you're ordering more drinks. :)

However the higher cost of the Premium plan makes it a little trickier to come out ahead on cost unless you actually go to all those expensive restaurants. :)
€57 (which is the face value of the vouchers) is a LOT of food at just about any of the restaurants.

plzsm

Thanks DisneyRon that's really helpful, I was thinking if we paid the premium we should go for the higher cost restaurants to get value for money
Assuming you could go to just 4 which would you choose?
I think at least 2 will be Auberge and Buffalo Bills so it would be 2 more, I guess the emphasis would be on what kids would enjoy rather than the food (sadly  :'()

DisneyRon

Quote from: plzsm on January 13, 2015, 07:58:11 PM
Thanks DisneyRon that's really helpful, I was thinking if we paid the premium we should go for the higher cost restaurants to get value for money
Assuming you could go to just 4 which would you choose?
I think at least 2 will be Auberge and Buffalo Bills so it would be 2 more, I guess the emphasis would be on what kids would enjoy rather than the food (sadly  :'()

Well the food at Auberge is pretty top notch don't worry. ;)
Buffalo Bill's is relatively simple fare, but it is prepared well, tasty and to be honest, the atmosphere is pretty stellar. Do bring an appetite, the food is pretty filling. ;D

Inventions is a great choice in my opinion, it is a Character Dining location, so you'll have characters showing up at your table which is very nice. No queueing needed, they'll spend a some time with all guests (remember to bring autograph books if you're collecting, same goes for Auberge). And the food at Inventions is quite nice, from quite fancy stuff to relatively simple kid friendly stuff, the buffet has pretty much everything. :)

Another nice choice would be Chez Remy I imagine, I've not visited it myself (had planned to, but a hospital visit cancelled that idea), but judging from the remarks I've seen on these forums it's a really good restaurant with great theming.

Walt's may also be a good choice, very nice theming and pretty good food to match.
And you'd be picking à la carte, rather than working from the set menu here. :D

If you want something more exotic and seafood heavy, à la carte at the Blue Lagoon is an option, though I don't know how appropriate the kids menu is, given that you'd be losing a bit on the cost front. :) It is also rather fun to dine basically within the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, it's fun watching the boat float past. ;)

I imagine the California Grill is a little too fancy for a family with kids, though there were plenty of children around when I went twice last September. The food is simply amazing though, both on the Set Menu (which will be covered by your Premium Vouchers) and from the other selections.

plzsm

Thanks so much, great info, much appreciated
Iam guessing your a fan of the premium option   ;)

DisneyRon

Quote from: plzsm on January 13, 2015, 09:49:04 PM
Thanks so much, great info, much appreciated
Iam guessing your a fan of the premium option   ;)

I've only been twice by myself so far, first with Full Board Plus (in 2012) and last year with Full Board Premium.
As for being a fan of the plan, mostly from a convenience standpoint. :) I like the ability to just go to any restaurant and eating there without it eating into my spending money. ;)

Most of my restaurant visits had reservations with a few exceptions due to unforeseen circumstances.
And because I was on the Premium Plan and was staying in the Disneyland Hotel anyway, I made good use of the options available. ;D Ate at both Inventions and the California Grill twice during my visit, and had lunch at Auberge de Cendrillon as well one day. Very much worth doing, if only for the atmosphere at Inventions and Auberge.

So yes, you could say I'm a bit of a fan now, but I've only had the plan itself once. :)

Fluffymilly

Well written Disney Ron,
This year we literally wrote down where we wanted to eat each day and costed it out. For us the Premium plan worked out great and my son and his family went for the plus. This had great benefits as sometimes we swapped vouchers so for instance we all 7 of us went to Inventions together on the premium vouchers then the next day we all went to Cafe Mickey with the plus vouchers. Its also very reassuring to have all your restaurants booked in advance.

buzzkaye

inventions.  bbbwws, princess lunch/dinner ,and 1 more are the extra you can eat with put paying more , we were there 4th till 9th dec stayed at disneyland hotel. we had premium vouchers .

we  ate with the princesses 2 times ,ate in inventions ,and also chef remy ,

we are going back 16th feb staying at cheyanne till 22nd feb. this time we are  having half board plus ,tbh i will pay the extra when we have the princess lunch , and go to inventions ,

we were also there feb 2014 ,and had  the  plus was more than enough.

gingajen

Hi, we were  having the same discussion about this, mainly because we want to go to Buffalo Bills again and we would have to pay the extra with the Plus where as it's included in the premium. However, the Plus will cost us about £370 and the premium was well over £500 (I think). Since nearly everywhere we want to visit is included in the plus package, we have decided for that one. We will have to pay about £30 to go to Inventions. I have done a bit of research though....We would have to pay approx £110 on top of the Plus vouchers for BBWWS, but Ticketmaster.fr are selling tickets for 42 euros each, so we have decided to pay separately for those and use the Meal voucher for that day on our last day.

EmmaH

Hello,

If you are looking for some lower priced options (but still tastey food) then I can recommend Toad Hall (fish n chips), Chateau au Marionette, and Plaza Gardens (buffet) are all very nice.

Emma
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013