Cheyenne WiFi Help!

Started by DisneyManiac, August 24, 2014, 06:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

Just wondering how the WiFi in the Hotel Cheyenne is? Is it good? Do you need to sign in to anything?

Advice is welcome!

DisneyManiac

Just bumping the topic, cause I would like an answer if anyone knows!

DisneyRon

Not sure what it's like now, but Disney used to have Orange do the WiFi (when you needed day passes to get on it), I'm assuming they are still the ISP, it was pretty good back in 2012, plenty of bandwidth for streaming youtube at 720p on my laptop. The issue will be how the repeaters are distributed over the hotel, because it's hard to predict how your coverage will be.

I'm quite curious myself to be honest, I would like a decently quick connection if at all possible, though I will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel. ;D

DisneyManiac

Quote from: DisneyRon on August 25, 2014, 05:04:19 PM
Not sure what it's like now, but Disney used to have Orange do the WiFi (when you needed day passes to get on it), I'm assuming they are still the ISP, it was pretty good back in 2012, plenty of bandwidth for streaming youtube at 720p on my laptop. The issue will be how the repeaters are distributed over the hotel, because it's hard to predict how your coverage will be.

I'm quite curious myself to be honest, I would like a decently quick connection if at all possible, though I will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel. ;D

I visited the Disneyland Hotel near the start of the year and had a drink in Main Street Lounge, wifi was quite good!

DisneyManiac

Plus the only info I know about Cheyenne's WiFi is where it is, in the Lobby and Bar, the Red Garter Saloon.