Any advice Appreciated

Started by dixie456, May 14, 2014, 05:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dixie456

First time poster on here

Single mam travelling to Disney in 4 sleeps!! Now I dont know who is more excited me or my 5 year old DS. But the closer i get the more anxious im getting about travelling on our own.

Anyway would love any advice on how to make the trip easier. Staying in the Sequoia Lodge and first time to Disneyland paris!!!!

norhel

First of all, welcome to the forum :-)

If you haven't already, have a look on dlrpmagic.com. Lots of info there.
When staying at SL consider to walk to the parks if you can manage. It might be faster and easier than  taking the bus.
One of mye favoritt is taking Disneyland Railroand, and Mark Twain Riverboat.

And have a greit time, and enjoy:-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

HFJohnson

How are you getting to DLP? Knowing that will help us give you more specific trips about the journey. If at all possible I would consider taking a cheap lightweight pushchair (and padlock). You will do a lot of walking and you will both appreciate it when you come to walk back to the hotel at the end of the day.

Have you booked your restaurants?

DisneyManiac

Rides - The Queues

There is some ways to avoid them, for example: Try riding them at the end of the day that's when they'll be less busy, try riding when a parade is on or take advantage of Extra Magic Hours for hotel guests, you get 2 hours in the park before the park opens to the public. Some lands are not accessible though.

Mrsya

Hi Dixie456! We go in 4 sleeps too! Our first time as well!! Staying at Davy Crockett. Travelling through the Eurotunnel late Sunday morning. You?

My 4 year old DS is soooo excited. Your son must be the same. I was most worried about the 7 hour road trip (travelling from Notts) so I've made a little bag of treats to keep him entertained in the car - a disney maze book, cars sticker book, disney pen, monsters inc popping candy etc. I've also dug out my old cd Walkman and made some disney CDs for him to listen to, plus found some cheap disney story CDs in The Works. He loves technology and gadgets so that'll keep him focused for at least an hour (or that's the plan). Got our portable DVD player if all else fails!

I'm making sandwiches the night before and putting them in his cooler lunchbox so he can eat when he's ready. Nothing like a grumpy, hungry little man is there!? I've bought some cheap disney snacks for the car from our local cash and carry and he'll get to open his lanyard and second hand disney pins on the French part of our road trip so the car bit is sorted.

Have you seen the forecast? It changes by the hour it seems. Now only forecast rain for the Wed. How long are you staying for?

dixie456

thanks to all for the replies. Wish i had posted sooner.

I am flying from Dublin to Charles De Gaulle. Have booked the Disney coach so should be easy enough.

Our main thing for this is to meet the characters. My little lad hasnt stopped talking about who he wants to meet ! dont even think he realises that there is rides there!! haha

I have booked cafe mickey for one of the evenings as i booked it for his bday!! but havent booked any other restaurants. Do you think i should?

Zee79

Quote from: dixie456 on May 15, 2014, 10:45:50 AM
thanks to all for the replies. Wish i had posted sooner.

I am flying from Dublin to Charles De Gaulle. Have booked the Disney coach so should be easy enough.

Our main thing for this is to meet the characters. My little lad hasnt stopped talking about who he wants to meet ! dont even think he realises that there is rides there!! haha
Check in your hotel which characters are there and in other hotels because you can still visit them there. There are set times and places in the park to meet characters so check out times for that plus some often walk the park but there is often a scrum so don't be afraid to push your child through, adults are the worse for it. I think you often get to see more characters in the Studios.

I have booked cafe mickey for one of the evenings as i booked it for his bday!! but havent booked any other restaurants. Do you think i should?
This will depend on what you want to eat, how much you have to spend on food and timings for what you want to do plus how tired your DS will be. There are some nice restaurants and nice fast food places, if all else fail there is McDonalds haha.
I know you are on your own with your DS but travelling is not that bad. A few times we have went we have had my DD2 who is the same age as my nephew and they've been going since there were 9 month old (now 7) and we go either by coach or self drive, recently we have been travelling with my twin nieces who are chewy (started travelling with them when they were 10monthd old , they are now 3) but we managed to get there.  - DVDs and colouring books are a must  :) 

Kellyannemx1

I travelled last year with just me and my 5 year old daughter,, we went by coach and I thought I would hate it,, as just me and her went to a butlins one year and I just felt so alone,, but when we went to Disney it was the best hoilday ever,,, all we did was que for the princess and go shopping xx the coach was so hassle free and we had a few pit stops it just just under 9 ish hours ,,,,, I enjoyed so much that in ten sleeps we will be on our way again,, very luckily paid for by my sister for our Xmas and birthday presents ,,, the adive I would give u is yes look on this site for info and just let your little one take the lead,, the one thing I told my daughter that I wanted to do was go to Starbucks in the village and she has all ready said that Iam allowed to go again iff Iam good,, bless her,, lol,, I try not to plan anything and just go with the flo which is ain't like me as I do like to plan xx I really hope u have a fab time xx

daddyof2

As Disney Maniac said, the queues should be busiest in the afternoon and quieter at the ends of the day. Think of things you can do to get away from those - shopping, going for a swim, etc. One of the things we're planning to do (and we hope it works for us) is pin trading, which might be fun for your son to get away from the bigger crowds and try and get some pins of the characters he's seen.

jackieann

Not sure if someone has said but go to the disneyland hotel on a thurs, fri sat or sun at 4pm will see at least 6 characters then. Xx

Aurora1

Take  a schedule after you enter the park, underneath the railway station, it lists the times of the character meet n`greets!
And there`s random appearences too, keep an eye out! Opposite Bella Notte is a place they show up sometimes!

Have a wonderful trip!