Parking at Ashford International?

Started by jeakat24, September 27, 2013, 10:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeakat24

Hi, just a quick couple of questions before we set off on Sunday morning (getting very excited now  :) )

I'm just looking at pre-booking the car park but just wondered if we could buy the ticket while we're there, and whether it's much fuss?

Also, are the car parks well sign posted? We'll be following the sat-nav directions to the station which obviously won't take us directly to the car park as I understand it's about 10 minutes away, so will we be able to see signs for the car parks en-route?
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

captain rocket

Follow the signs for Ashford INTERNATIONAL. There are two car parks, one that is about a five minute walk away and the Eurostar car park. The Eurostar car park is joined to the station by an elevated walkway and is about 40% more expensive than the other car park! I now always use the "ordinary" car park which is the first one you come to as you drive into the station. I drop the rest of my party at the station entrance and go and park the car walking back to the station without anything to carry. Parking at Ashford is as expensive as an airport and it is worth making the saving. When you return from Disney you pay at the station at a machine that will take cash or credit cards. Have a great trip!

jeakat24

Quote from: captain rocket on September 27, 2013, 10:31:11 AM
Follow the signs for Ashford INTERNATIONAL. There are two car parks, one that is about a five minute walk away and the Eurostar car park. The Eurostar car park is joined to the station by an elevated walkway and is about 40% more expensive than the other car park! I now always use the "ordinary" car park which is the first one you come to as you drive into the station. I drop the rest of my party at the station entrance and go and park the car walking back to the station without anything to carry. Parking at Ashford is as expensive as an airport and it is worth making the saving. When you return from Disney you pay at the station at a machine that will take cash or credit cards. Have a great trip!

Fabulous, thanks for that. It looks like it might be a tad cheaper booking online but I think I'll leave it as I don't want to end up booking a car park miles away and having to heave all our luggage around. Thank you
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

captain rocket

If you follow my advice you will not have to carry your bags at all! Just follow the signs for Ashford International, you will come to the open air, single level car park before the more expensive multi story, just drop your family at the station entrance with all the bags and drive back to the car park you just passed and park up. The walk from that car park is fractionally further than from the multi story. Rejoin your family, up the Disney themed lift and check in!.

jeakat24

Quote from: captain rocket on September 27, 2013, 12:14:41 PM
If you follow my advice you will not have to carry your bags at all! Just follow the signs for Ashford International, you will come to the open air, single level car park before the more expensive multi story, just drop your family at the station entrance with all the bags and drive back to the car park you just passed and park up. The walk from that car park is fractionally further than from the multi story. Rejoin your family, up the Disney themed lift and check in!.

You're a star, thank you so much!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

captain rocket

Thank you and have a great visit! Just a note that I always used the multistory until an Ashford based member put me right, so thanks to them!