Birthday cake?

Started by Sal, August 16, 2013, 05:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal

I'm sorry if this have been asked before.
We're going in a few weeks and it's my sisters birthday the day after we leave, so I thought it would be nice to have a birthday cake to surprise her on our last night.  :D  My plan is to make restaurant reservations for the entire stay on the day we arrive, but can I order a birthday cake at the same time or should I've done this when I booked the trip?
Also which restaurant to you think is the best to celebrate her birthday in? (She'll be 35  :D  we're 4 adults and 3 children)
Sal
September 2010 DLP Hotel Newport Bay Club
June 2011 DLP Hotel New York
July 2012 DLP Hotel Newport Bay Club
September 2013 Hotel New York

tubbsy

Hi! We booked the cake for Cafe Mickey on the morning we ate there :)
As for celebrating - It really is up to you - what sort of experience do you want?
The character meals are lots of fun as you normally get a character to come to the table.
Inventions is buffet and in the Disney hotel-so a very nice place to eat-but there is a lot of fish, so if not big fish eaters, not so great (The prawns are the BEST!)
Cafe Mickey is menu - It be loud with lots of young children-but is fun. We had Tigger come to our table with our kids cake :)
We also saw a cake in Blue Lagoon-An amazing setting and as the CMs and guests sang happy birthday, a boat on POTC went by and the boat joined in! :D
But it is really your personal choice.
Dont worry if you are too full to eat cake-you can take it away with you - we had it in our lunch for a few days afterwards!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Sal

Thank you!  :D I'll just book it when we make our reservations then. Now I just have to decide which restaurant. They all sound like great places to celebrate birthdays. (I've only seen seen a birthday celebration once) But we have never been at Inventions so maybe we'll go for that.  :D
Sal
September 2010 DLP Hotel Newport Bay Club
June 2011 DLP Hotel New York
July 2012 DLP Hotel Newport Bay Club
September 2013 Hotel New York