Help! Large family!!

Started by hannabdav, August 30, 2013, 11:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hannabdav

My brother has been inspired to book a disney trip by myself!!

His family consists of 2 adults and 5 children! Where the heck can he stay???

They would prefer to stay on site, but I can't see how? Do any hotels do connecting rooms? But would he then have to pay full whack for 2 rooms?

Help please!!!!

Thank you!!!
Very excited!

First trip to Disney for our honeymoon August 2014!!!!

SwipatronSparks

yeah unfortunately the only option he has is to go for a connecting room, which would also work out more expensive as he wouldn't be able to have a room with just children in they would have to go (on paper at least) with one adult and 2 children in one room and 1 adult with the other 3 children in the other room (then when you arrive and you are in your room you can spread the sleeping throughout the 2 rooms however you like), however a second option is he could look into going into the explorers hotel, they have rooms that sleep up to 10 people this way he isn't completely off site

*edit* interconnecting rooms are in the sequoia, newport bay club,  disneyland and possibly the cheyenne and new york hotels
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

emsamess

I can highly recommend the Davy Crockett Ranch. It has all of the Disney theming, visiting characters, plenty to do in the evening with children and it would have the room requirements.

What we have done in the past and are doing this year, is hiring a car from the Disneyland train station and then driving between the ranch and parks. This might sound like a big thing, but it is well signed and takes minutes.

Good luck.

jeakat24

Quote from: "emsamess"I can highly recommend the Davy Crockett Ranch. It has all of the Disney theming, visiting characters, plenty to do in the evening with children and it would have the room requirements.

What we have done in the past and are doing this year, is hiring a car from the Disneyland train station and then driving between the ranch and parks. This might sound like a big thing, but it is well signed and takes minutes.

Good luck.

That's a really good idea. I've always just assumed that if we ever want to stay in the Davy Crocket we'll have to drive all the way there from the UK!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

hannabdav

I suggested the Davy Crockett and hiring a car there but it will only allow 4 children on the booking x
Very excited!

SwipatronSparks

Hve they tried giving disney a call to book? They might be able to book that way and if they call the person they speak to should be able to take them through all their options
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

hannabdav

I've just done it for them. Davy Crockett won't allow them to stay in one bungalow, but sequoia and Cheyenne are possibilities for them!! And good prices, they are going for 4 days at the same time as us, 7 of them and its still £600 cheaper than our stay and there is only 3 of us!!! Hehe!!
Very excited!

Zee79

The Santa Fe do interconnecting rooms, on all the occasions we have stayed here we have had these. They also do larger rooms for larger families. I would just ring them to ask.

sarahmumof4

The Santa Fe do have connecting rooms . However they charge a lot more than booking two rooms for these :(

I'm staying in the Santa Fe next feb and have requested town rooms next to each other . They can't guarantee this but it's on my notes .

I have 4 children so have everything crossed I get town rooms next to each other .
My eldest will be 13 then so is classed as an adult . If we have rooms next to each other then I won't mind him being next door to me. If the rooms aren't next to each there's no way he's sleeping by himself so we will all be in one room .
This feb we stayed in the adagio hotel with my parents so there were 7 of us in total .
The was a main bedroom upstairs with a double bed , a cabin room downstairs with bunk beds and then the 2 sofas were sofa beds with a pull out bed under one of them

Hope that helps
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

hannabdav

Thank you. Davy Crockett is a no go as they will only allow 6 people per bungalow.

Adagio seems to be a good one. Cheyenne do adjoining and sequoia so these are possibilities. Eldest child is only 10 then 8,4,4 and 3 so adjoining rooms are a must.

Thank you everyone.
Very excited!

captain rocket

What about Explorers? They have rooms for up to 10 people. They achieve this by having two four bedded rooms joined by an interconnecting room with two bunk beds so can handle 4 people 6 people or 10 people.You can book this hotel through Disney I believe if you want a package with tickets.

hannabdav

Thank you!! I've looked at explorers, it's about £800, in adagio is coming up at £400!!!xx
Very excited!