Supernatural Disneyland

Started by Thaliel, December 30, 2012, 01:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaliel

Ok so I am currently watching Ghost Hunters. All those places they go to and all the experiences they make left me wondering:
have you ever experienced something spooky/unexplainable whilst at the resort?
Or have you heard a story of strange events withing DLP?

Also, I must say that abandoned theme parks have always intrigued me. Even though I know the parks are never completely empty at night, I would probably be among the first people to book a night tour through the park when everything is silent and (mostly) dark. The instant DLP offers something like that, I'd go "shut up and take my money".

I am really curious to hear any storie of things moving that shouldn't be moving, strange sound being heard, or whatever you have no explanation for (and what maybe even scared you)
<-Plz click

perrollaz

Good point, I wonder what work is going on in the park during night.

ilovedisneylandparis

I haven't experienced anything like that myself but I should think there's a lot of stories of that kind related to Phantom Manor! :)

I know that the flat above the Fire Station in the original Disneyland in California is said to be visited by Walt's ghost - apparently when Walt and his family visited the apartment, he would light a lamp in the window so that guests knew he was there. After he died, a cleaning lady put the lamp out one night, and then came back in only to find it had been lit again. I think the same thing is supposed to have happened several times to the point where there is now always a lit lamp in the window to signify Walt's presence in his park.

I never usually believe in stuff like that but I quite like the stories about Walt, it's nice to think he is watching over his guests in the park :D

Lorna Kelly

I have never thought about ghosts in Disneyland. The parks seems such a happy place!!

Thaliel

it is really too bad Ghost Hunters International was cancelled, I would really love to see someone from TAPS go through the park(s) during night time...at least as long as I cannot do so myself.

Only thing is that there is actually a lot happening during closure time:  floor cleaning, gardening, fixing small things etc. I just wonderif any of those people or the security that checks the resort at night might have experineced something

Who knows, maybe the animatronic ghosts in Phantom Manor become real ghosts at night, having a ball while nobody's there
<-Plz click

perrollaz

I always wondered if you can see these ppl working with their tiny flashlights if you stay at Disneyland hotel in a room with view to Mainstreet?

MrsPirate

If I won enough money on the lottery I would host a dinner in Phantom Manor after the park had closed. I imagine that would be quite spooky and I wouldn't fancy going outside to the toilets on my own (you can see I've given this quite alot of thought!)

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

Thaliel

Quote from: "MrsPirate"If I won enough money on the lottery I would host a dinner in Phantom Manor after the park had closed. I imagine that would be quite spooky and I wouldn't fancy going outside to the toilets on my own (you can see I've given this quite alot of thought!)

sounds not too bad, though I wonder if Madame Leota will let you use her table  :lol:
<-Plz click

david

Can you imagine trying to eat soup on Leota's moving table? .... could be quite fun actually