Christmas trip 19-22nd December

Started by Newbie, January 01, 2012, 05:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I thought I would do a brief summary of our trip, comprising myself, hubby, 3 children (9,7,5).
We spent the sunday night at a B&B in Bussy St Georges, so it was 5 mins down the back road to the DCR to check in and get tickets, we were in DLP by 9.15am on our first day  :D
We got sooo much done, Orbitron, Buzz, SM (hubby and 9yr old) Carousel, Peter Pan, Tea cups, Small world, Pirates, BTM, all before lunch! It was busy but we used FP wisely and chose our queues. lunch on day 1 was at Silver Spur Steakhouse (we had vouchers) and our waitress Fleur was excellent, so good with the kids, food was excellent and we were stuffed.
After lunch we did Mickeys winter wonderland, BTM again, and wandered around. Before heading back quite early to DCR.

I had asked a lot of questions on here about DCR and was concerned, well it is by far the best disney hotel for our family. We found our cabin and on arrival the TV screen was showing a personnel message and a note was left too. There were some lovely touches in there. As we were in tomahawk we could walk to the main bit, so set off for a nosey, Goofy was in the shop as a bonus!
Breakfast was easy to collect and vast, we snacked on it all day and still have some left over. The drive in was short and the walk from the carpark was painless (even without the travellaters working).

At all times on our visit we were treated well, politeness and helpful. CM were great.

Day 2 we did EMH and the Park, loads of rides done. had lunch at the cowboy cookout, Kids loved it, i ended up sending food back as it took the lad so long to put our order together, but the manager was so helpful and apologetic.
My little girl met Minnie so the trip was complete!
That afternoon we did a few firsts, we found the runaway circus train in fantasyland, so sweet and Phantom Manor which we hadnt known what to expect but that was a real treat, a must for any visit.
The parade seemed shorter than 3 years ago but the castle lighting was lovely, and every princess that passed my daughter said hello, brilliant as we didnt then queue for a meet and greet!

Day 3 was wet and the studios beckoned. My daughter and I did cars while the boys did rock n rollercoaster. Stitch was brilliant, esp as he chose my younger boy to talk to, then my daughter (they were sat apart) so made their day. My hubby did ToT and says his stomach is still there. :shock:
we had lunch at rendevous des stars as only voucher choice in studios, food was great, loads of choice for the kids and not a chip in sight. Glad we had booked as they let the bookings people have first choice. It was incredibly busy, but we had loads to eat.
We then did Moteurs, it kept delaying due to the rain, but the kids loved it. We spent the day doing shows to keep dry but the studios is great for that.

Day 4, well we were knackered!! we did EMH and all the family favourites rides, walked straight onto BTM with FP at 10.30, the best reason for FP ever! by lunch we headed off and home, tired but happy.

The park looked great, the castle repaint is lovely. It was very busy but we knew it would be so cant complain. The biggest surprise was the Davy Crocket Ranch, will defintely stay there again. Having a bit more space worked well, esp for us adults to sit of an evening when the children were in their big room and 2 bathrooms as well! and we could cook in the evening, making it cheaper too.
My kids had a ball and loved rides I didnt expect, Small World, Peter Pan, Phantom Manor. They keep seeing the adverts for the winter and want to go back, so must have been good!

Apologies for no pictures yet, must try to upload some...
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008
2011 DCR Yipeee 3rd Christmas as DLP!!

kiki_304

Lovely report.  Looks like you had a really lovely time.  

Looking forward to some pics (if you manage to upload them)

ecila

Sounds lovely! I've stayed at DCR before and I loved it, and I think we used the food from breakfast for snacks in the park too :)
Do you know the name of the B&B you stayed in on the first night?
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (May 2002)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (Oct 2006)
- Santa Fe (June 2012) Trip report here]
//http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13794

Yes, Ferme de La Jonchere, Bussy St George http://www.fermedelajonchere.com/ they only have 4 rooms but very friendly. Means you can start your day refreshed. As we have 3 kids we cannot get into a kyriad type hotel, breakfast was great and set us up well and its included.
Any questions, let me know.  :)
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008
2011 DCR Yipeee 3rd Christmas as DLP!!

ecila

Thank you! :) :thumbs:
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (May 2002)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (Oct 2006)
- Santa Fe (June 2012) Trip report here]
//http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13794