Tower of Terror Evacuation System

Started by TheCoasterFun, November 13, 2012, 12:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCoasterFun

Hello guys,

So, I was wondering. I've seen videos on YouTube from people being evacuated from the Tower of Terror after it got stuck. Interesting fact: only before the drops. I guess they will then be taken downstairs via an elevator situated at the left side of the building that is sticking out. Now, after the corridor scene the elevator drops (or either goes up) and will eventually reach the top. My question, what if at that certain moment the system will stop? How would the people inside the elevator be evacuated? They can't leave through the front (speaks for itself, open air), they can't leave through the back either (no door, I believe, and if there was, there is no stairs what so ever in the elevator shaft) So how will the people be evacuated. Have been thinking about this for a long time now. You know the answer? (:

sven

As it technically is a normal elevator (of course with a few changes), the evacuation procedure should be the same: If there is a door near, through there, else there is a way to slowly lower the gondola to the ground even in the case of power failure.

RockNRoller

I suppose you could always just jump  :lol:
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

DLRPupdater

very funny you talk about this, we got stuck at the second last drop, we were about at the half of the drop.

first we waited for like 5 minutes, then all the lights went on, and then we heard some people talking.
one of the operators stood down (you can see the ground through the bottom of the elevator) and said "we will get you go as fast as we can down!" after about 20 minutes the elevator started moving and went down very slow, you could see the system of the doors and more details of the shaft. after the elevator was back to the ground the elvator couldn't move forward. so the doors of the elevator and seat belts went open, we needed to walk to the sides (there are stairs) so we could get up back to the ground... hurray!

well, the evacuation system isn't that good, but though it worked! if there's a fire I would try to open one of those doors with some people and then we climb out so we are safe :P
I\'m a Disneyfreak, and I love Phantom Manor and The Tower Of Terror