Strike hits the "Once Upon a Dream Parade"

Started by id@53, December 23, 2009, 06:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

If you go to about 3.20 in the video below, they play the announcement over the speakers, and you hear the cheering of the protesters. I think it is really sad that people go this low and ruin everyone's day. :x
[youtube:3299lgxp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0XS28Aebqo&NR[/youtube:3299lgxp]

MagicKenny

I haven't heard something like this at all, that something is canceled... It does look prety anoying to people visiting, although I can't spot the amount of people that I've seen last April for Disney Stars 'n' Cars...

It's realy sad! :cry:
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

Masamune

:? I can't believe they cheered when it was announced that the Parade had been cancelled. What a horrid bunch of people.

SM:M3

:evil: its quite sick that they chose to walk down Main Street, ruin everyones day, and then had the nerve to cheer when they ruined the performance of Stars n Cars. I hope every single one of the loses their jobs over this whole incident

Willow

I hope the people who where involved in these strikes are reading this:

You all should really be ashamed of yourselves for ruining these guests day.
There is such a thing as the Disney Way, and I can't think of something that goes against it more than this.

I don't know how some of these people became CM's, there is a time and place to do this and on-park was not the place. Its a shame security couldn't have been called....

Well done to other CM's who tried to make the best out of the situation.

smurfy74

well i would just like to say to Willow

=D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>

well said

CGM12345

So it was about a 0% pay rise. Well I think they should be glad that they don't get a pay-cut

jeakat24

Just had to add to this, even though the strike's over now, aren't there two points to stike action?

The first one being not to work in protest. The second to raise awareness and support from people? (Surely that's why the vast majority of those who stirke then stand outside their place of work) It seems those in DLP forgot the second one! Perhaps if they had showed the paying pubic that they do a good job and bring magic to the guests then they could have gained exactly what they wanted instead of using this terrible behaviour to demonstrate a point. Maybe they also forgot that it's also the guests, often spending hundreds if not thousands on their holidays and Disney merchandice throguhout the year that pay their wages in the first place!

The absolute vast majority of the cast members are amazing, and do a fantastic job, for which I'm sure we can all agree that they deserve to be paid fairly for, but alienating not only the guests but your fellow collegues with actions as crass as that deserve to be shown the door
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge