Castle Anniversary Decorations

Started by penfold12, July 08, 2006, 02:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfold12

Im not sure if this is the right place to put this, but does anyone have a picture or link to a picture of what the castle looked like the last times it was decorated. I mean the 1st Birthday and the 5th when it went all "topsy Turvey"?

Anthony

Here's the 1st Anniversary:

and here's the 5th Anniversary:

Source: http://www.geocities.com/anges2/5years.html

I hope this helps!  I think the birthday cake looks quite good because they covered the whole castle (forget the ugly colours for a moment, lol), whilst the Festival of Fools makeover isn't too good because so much of the castle was left bare.

Moved the topic to Disneyland Park btw. :wink:

Nala_84

I love these "packed" castle pics ;) What about the 10th Anniversary, wasn't there any special cover for the castle?

Do we know anything about the special of the 15th Anniversary, or will it "only" be what we've got in the other thread (Characters hanging on the castle)? (Sorry for my bad English, I'm watching GERMANY--PORTUGAL on tv ;))

Edit: GOOOOAAAAAAL :D
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

For the 10th Anniversary, they just had a special number "10" scroll on the front of the castle, which was placed there on 12th April 2002 and was removed the next day.  They also had a birthday cake stage on Central Plaza for all the press events, but that didn't stay there long either, once the day was over.  They wanted all the focus to be on the newly-opened WDS, you see. :wink:

Here are a couple of official photos:

As for the 15th, it's likely we won't get any more than what you see in those Key Visuals (which is IMO very nice and tasteful), but please keep all discussion about that in the relevant topic.  :wink:

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"They wanted all the focus to be on the newly-opened WDS, you see. :wink:

Well, they failed in my opinion. There are still so many people who don't undersyand the "Resort = 2 seperate parks"-concept. Many still don't even know that the Studios even exsist. Bad marketing in my opinion. But thats a discussion for another time.

Here is another photo of the "decorated" Chateau during Disneyland Paris' 10th anniversary. Source: Joel.

Nala_84

Ah okay, thank you ;)! Really doesn't look that expressive and amazing as the others do... but you've already said it, they wanted to concentrate on the WDS' opening...
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Dlrpfan

i never remembered the cake for the 10th. was that only there on the birthday date?
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

penfold12

Thanks guys, knew I could count on you for the pics!!  

Have to say, the 15th plans look a lot more classy