[WDW] Disney to make their own clouds...

Started by The Butlin Boy, May 09, 2008, 08:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

...and they look like a certain mouse:

Quote from: "ahecht on MiceChat"
QuoteA special-effects entrepreneur from Alabama has come up with a way to fill the sky with foamy clouds as big as 4 feet across and shaped like corporate logos — Flogos, as he calls them.

Francisco Guerra, who's also a former magician, developed a machine that produces tiny bubbles filled with air and a little helium, forms the foam into shapes and pumps them into the sky.

The Walt Disney Co. will use one of the machines next month to send clouds shaped like Mickey Mouse heads into the air at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla., Guerra said.

There are a few pictures of Mickey flogos at http://www.flogos.net/projects.html

Whatever next? :roll:  :mrgreen:

Source: MiceChat

anthonysprincess

Holy Smokes!

That is soooo awesome!!!!!!!!!! Wow Im excited over this; lol....

15MagicalYears

These look great!  :D/

[-o< Hopefully they'll have these by june [-o<

Dlrpfan

LOL! Who would have thought it? These sure will make the resort event more magical then it already it!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

britje

Wow, they should do that in DLRP too! We are leaving for WDW tomorrow so I guess they will not be ready yet but I think it's a wonderful idea!

I'll keep looking up in the sky just in case they started with it already!
"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I\'ll take my chances with the public" - Walt Disney

Remco K.

I wonder how they're made. I can imagine something with the shape of a Mickey head, but other corporate logo's might be harder to do?

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Whatever next? :roll:  :mrgreen:

QuoteScientists Find Way to Tattoo Butterflies

Our culturally non-deprived brother blog Table of Malcontents notes that American scientists have figured out how to tinker with the genetics of butterflies so they can be tattooed: "By using a laser to stencil a design on the surface of the butterfly's wing, these scientists can create fluorescent brands and markings."

My immediate thought was: Oh, those poor butterflies are going to end up with tattoos of hearts emblazoned with "mom" or indecipherable Japanese characters.

Others -- well, at least a British reporter -- are thinking advertising, a la the butterfly in the image at the right.  

Meanwhile, Table of Malcontents noticed a disturbing detail:

In an interesting display of scientific irony, a butterfly was fluorescently tattooed with a silhouette of another butterfly. Meta!
Source: Wired.com

;)