Christmas in DLRP

Started by ford prefect, December 31, 2007, 03:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford prefect

Hi!

A quick report form our visit 23rd December to 27th December.

We stayed at Sequoia Lodge, and I have to say that the hotel looked great, clean tidy and friendly.

First the good: Disneyland Park looked beautiful, the decorations were stunning and the atmosphere was fun and friendly, not too busy (except on 27th) and easy going.  Food wise, we ate at Inventions, Mickey's Gala Dinner, Blue Lagoon, Hunter's Grill and Walts.

All of the rides were operating (rode Keelboats for the first time, so glad it was working)

BTM was busy but not outrageously so, however Buzz lightyear was manic.

The Bad: some very rude guests not prepared to be patient.  Why am I always so embarrassed by my countrymen!!!

The Ugly: Mickey's Gala Dinner Show.  What a disappointment.  Overpriced and badly served and presented.  A complete waste of money.  

Still, one sour note in an otherwise perfect week.

Only 3 months until our next visit
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

The Butlin Boy

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time. What was the park like on Christmas day itself? Was it busy? Quiet? Did they do anything special?  :)

RnRCj

My uncle was there from 22nd to 26th December and he said it was abolutely packed and it was hard to move around the parks :? Maybe you have a different idea as to what "busy" actually is :lol:

ightenhill

Thought it was pretty manageable this year compared with last.. No probs at all as long as you used FP correctly and timed things fine.. It seemed busier on the 27th than the 24, 25 or 26th for some reason to us.

Christmas report now going up on the blog
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

casschr05

Yeah, I found it is quite busy when I visited (21st, 22nd, 23rd)
belongs you manage the FP!

andrewuk

Quote from: "ford prefect"Hi!

The Bad: some very rude guests not prepared to be patient.  Why am I always so embarrassed by my countrymen!!!

Same here.

Often I hear English people complaining that the French are rude to them, but these seem to be the same people who can't be bothered to say, "Bonjour" or "Escusez-moi?"

In all of my visits to France I have never had a problem with the natives, but I have felt that embarrassment more times than I care to remember. Although I've also had nice conversations with English guests too.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne