Was it worth bringing out jack sparrow

Started by disneyspells1, September 11, 2007, 11:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angela

@ Xinda.. well.. I am glad that it wasn't just me than.. it was you to...  :wink:  :D

Disneyana

Quote from: "Baloo"It makes me laugh when people criticise the performance of the park's Jack Sparrow, yet apparently have no problem when Mary Poppins isn't Julie Andrews... I suppose Jack has a far more distinct character though.

Jack Sparrow has been hilarious every time I've seen him, especially when he decides to go for a jaunt across Adventure Isle and always manages to lose his trail of desperate fans in the caves, who are left wandering around wondering where he went... :lol:

Yes infact I was thinking the same, why it bothers me to bring out a real Jack Sparrow and why the real Mary Poppins do not bother me. I think it's just because Jack Sparrow is a Chracter created from Johnny Depp. And he has put a lot of hisself in it. Maybe I'm just a very big fan of johnny depp and so I want to see him as Jack Sparrow and not someone else ?! :roll:  :oops:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

madzilla

I met Jack Sparrow at DLRP last October, in front of POTC, and he was wonderful! It was after a bit of a manhunt (i.e. going over to Adventure Isle about every hour for 3 days before going to ask at City Hall where he would be and when!), but when we did finally meet him it was so worth the wait! He was so funny and nice with everyone, and I got a lovely photo with him. :) And then, a few hours later, we headed back to Adventureland for lunch at the Blue Lagoon, and he was leaving the photo area in front of POTC - he remembered me and came back over for another (in-character) conversation! I was delighted as Jack is one of my very favourite characters. :)

disney_dudette

I'm going to Disneyland Paris next year and cant wait to see Jack Sparrow, and would realy LOVE to meet him, so dose anyone know what I should look out for if I meet a 'What ever' Jack? Thanks!
Disney Dudette XXX
Rember...
Dreams can come true, with:
Faith, Trust and alittle bit of Pixie Dust

Anonymous

I thought he was fine when I met him last week, but I did have a castmember with me.

I did notice a few villains being a bit difficult with guests though. I think it's all part of the interaction and it doesn't really worry me.

Grumpphil

Wow - I didn't expect them to find someone anywhere near as 'Jack' like as Johnny Depp but form your photo he looks really good.

I'm looking forward to meeting him now whereas before I wasn't sure.

MinnieMouse

I love the "character Jack Sparrow". It is the best Character-Part from the actor Johnny Depp. What a beautiful Man :-)

Thew charcter in the parc hat not the same look (face) as the "real" Capitain Jack *lol* but I like him, too.

Sadly I have no seen him when we was there this june, only see him last year in september :-(

Alexandra

teresam

Quote from: "DisneyAlba"
Quote from: "Angela"I do not care much about Jack Sparrow... as I do like Depp better anyway...
but about the act... we had several years ago a meeting with Captian Hook wich refused to have his picture taken with us or even sign my autographbook.. so that is just... part of the act I think... at the moment I thought it was weird... but later I did understand (after I became of the shock... lol)

Err... I haven't met dlrp's Jack Sparrow, but when I was younger and into the whole character autograph thing Captain Hook was very willing to sign and pose for a photo. So, I'm not sure whether it is meant to be a part of the Hook act...

two years ago we saw Hook and my 4 yr old was scared to death of him, so he came over and knelt down with him and patted his head, then i took a photo and he signed the book for Lewis..i was really impressed that he had taken the time to do that after Lewis became so scared of the Hook 'act'.

smurfy74

We met him last month and he posed and signed loads of auutographs

Just suppose what actor is playing him, i thought the one we saw looked really like him and his mannerisms were spot on. It really made us laugh

EmoK

When I met him last November he was nearly an hour late than the scheduled time so we were forced to wait around outside the POTC ride in the freezing cold. :cry:

I will give him some credit though because when he did finally turn up he made a point of having photo's and signing autographs with those of us who had been waiting rather than just whoever came up to him first.

I was more dissapointed with his make up and false beard...he looked great from a distance but as soon as you got close up you could see the gauze all over his chin holding the fake beard in place!! :shock:

[/url]

Lozzie

aww i hope i can meet him next month
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

EmoK

I would think so.
I'm not aware of any times of the year when he isn't around.
Though someone will probably inform me of some now!!
haha

[/url]