Sequioa Lodge or Newport Bay

Started by ZoeG, June 16, 2017, 10:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoeG

Hi Everyone!
I am pleased to report we have just decided to start planning our third trip to Disneyland Paris!

Both times we have visited previously we have stayed at Cheyenne. Just love the theming and the second time we stayed in one of the upgraded Toy story rooms.

However, with this being our third time, I'd like a slightly differing experience, and I would also like to try one of the club upgrades. Our budget will enable us to go for Sequioa or Newport bay, and I was wondering if anyone had been to both and could advise on the differences?

I must admit I am slightly leaning towards Sequioa as I think the theme looks very cool, and it is slightly less expensive.

I have never done the club thing either and I defo think that would suit us as we like to go into the park early for magic hours, then come back in the afternoon for a rest, so the snacks and drinks in the lounge would be good.

Any advice would be so much appreciated! :)

glenn

I have stayed at both and for me sequoia lodge is my favourite,very relaxing hotel.NPB is a good hotel but if you are given a room at the the end of corridors it is a very long walk after a tiring day in the parks.

Tingeling

We have stayed in club rooms at both hotels, GF room at SL in 2015 and CC room at NBC in 2016. And I love them both! The overall experience is very much the same with breakfast and afternoon snacks in the club lounge and free drinks all day. Both club lounges are lovely and we really liked the rather calm atmosphere in there (compared to the very hectic standard room breakfasts)! As for the rooms, they had almost the same amenities (including tea and coffee making facilities), the only difference I can remember is that we had bathrobes and slippers at NBC but not at SL.

I love the bar area at SL with its enormous fire place and the wood lodge theme in general. With NBC it's nice with the fresh feel of the hotel as it's been refurbished recently. I would say that NBC is more impressive to look at but SL is the cosier one. I don't think you can go wrong really, both are good choices!

claire2281

I've stayed at both and personally I prefer SL but that's purely an aesthetic preference. Experience wise they are very much the same, I just like the style of SL more.

One thing slightly against NBC (as mentioned) is its size. It's a VERY large hotel and it can be quite a trek to get back to your rooms. Also it's a bit of a longer walk to the parks due to being right at the end of the lake. Personally I've never found the distance an issue but I've never gone with small children or those with mobility issues so it's worth bearing in mind.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

ZoeG

Thanks Everyone,

I think I am swayed to Sequioa haha! I was kinda thinking that to start, just wanted to check I wasn't missing anything huge at NPB.

As soon as I am home from this year's holiday visiting my in-laws in Spain I will be booking!  ;D ;D ;D

never2old

Well, not to be the devil's advocate, but personally I'd go for the Newport...

We've stayed this year in both, January in the Newport (Compass Club) and a couple of weeks ago in the Sequoia (Golden Forest Club), and although I love the SQL, I thought the NBC was better... They've really done a fantastic job with the refurb, it looks really amazing, and the service we had was slightly better than in the Sequoia. And rooms in the Compass Club are all in the center of the hotel, so you won't have the problem of a long walk at the end of the day...

The club in both is good, definitely worth the upgrade.It simply felt slightly better in the Newport ;)

tubbsy

Both are just as lovely.
SL is closer, so easier on tired feet.
But we just love the theming of NPB.
Definitely personal taste 

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

stormflm595

Another for the NPB! I've stayed at Sequioa and will be staying at NPB this September but I much prefer the themeing of the NPB of what I've seen so far and the fact that it is newly furnished is another reason I would rather stay there
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

sunshine1

Slimy yet satisfying

Sequioa is lovely in the colder months. A log cabin feel with roaring fires, cosy colours and patterns, pine trees and stone. The Newport is clean and cool with a sea shore summer feel. Lots of bright white and blue New England coastal feel.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

polar vixen

Having stayed at both recently I'd chose the sequins. We loved the surroinding- the trees-the waterfalls. It was as lovely outside the hotel as in was inside.

ZoeG

Thanks again to everyone I am torn again... ;D

Or maybe I will just need to go to Sequioa this year then NPB next year!  :D

Any excuse for another trip!

tubbsy

Quote from: ZoeG on June 20, 2017, 10:17:27 AM
Thanks again to everyone I am torn again... ;D

Or maybe I will just need to go to Sequioa this year then NPB next year!  :D

Any excuse for another trip!
Oh I like that plan!
Go SL then try and fit in a drink on the bar in NPB to have a look around :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

ZoeG

Great Idea Tubbsy, can scope out the bar for next year!  :D

Rapunzel1

I prefer NPB. The hall ways do remind me of the movie the shining but it feels like a real hotel. Also we liked the staff at the hotel a lot better than the staffat the Disneyland hotel. For some reason the disneyland hotel doesn't offer the service you would Expect for such an expensive hotel. But at NPB all is fine. The lines were not that long at breakfast even though we were in the middle of the summer vacation. And we just loved the pool. It has an inside and outside pool. It looks great. Big plus that the pool is inside the hotel so you can just walk from your room to the hotel without bringing a coat or even shoes.