Eurostar Seating Help Please

Started by Heracles1978, February 11, 2017, 04:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heracles1978

My family and I (2x Ad, 3x Ch & 1x Inf due July) are booked for DLP this year on 30 Aug. We are travelling on Eurostar direct in standard premier. As we are a large brood I was hoping to sort our seats around a table plus 1 across the aisle. I now have my Eurostar booking reference from Disney and tried to log into the manage booking section of the Eurostar website. However it keeps kicking me back to the home screen, and when I go back it says it's having difficulty retrieving the booking. I have called Eurostar whom advised that the booking is there but only as provisional booking. They can't touch it or they'll corrupt the booking. Disney state the booking is confirmed with Eurostar. I know my seats are fortunately together but not around a table.

Has anyone had this difficulty before? I don't know if it's because I've only paid a deposit and therefore Disney haven't paid Eurostar as yet? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

claire2281

You can't book Eurostar seats more than 180 days in advance of your journey.

It seems that Disney have an arrangement with Eurostar where they can pre-book tickets but the booking doesn't officially exist until 6 months before you go. Try again at the end of next month.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Mushu_Stitch

Did you book the travel with your Disney package? If you did then you won't be able to pick seats.

When we last went we booked with our package and I called to try and get a particular seating arrangement but couldn't. Disney told me that they cannot pick seats. They essentially have a deal set up with Eurostar where they tell them how many seats they need on each day and the seats are randomly allocated. Only by booking with Eurostar direct can you pick your seats

EmmaH

Once you move your seats double check your booking is ok and confirmed as we had an unfortunate incident this year where after changing our seats I printed the tickets (at Ebbsfleet as we were travelling indirectly via Lille) and noticed the seats were the original ones not the seats I had changed to.
The outbound was ok but at Lille we were told our booking could not be found.
It was eventually sorted out and we travelled but only after alot of arguing.
We were more than likely an anomaly but it is worth checking closer to your departure date after you have changed your seats.
Emma
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

jeakat24

I have nothing to add to the advice given but wanted to say how amazing it is that you're brave enough to take a newborn with you. That's amazing!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge