Booking for June 2017 / Flights

Started by SamHood, August 31, 2016, 12:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamHood

Does anyone know when the next offer is due out? Currently on the uk / ie  site they have 2 nights free, however I only wanted to stay for 3 nights at Santa Fe as my boys love Cars  ( less time off work, less spending money ) so would like the free HB offer as with 3 kids any savings on food would help. This would be a budget trip as we are saving for Florida in the next 2 or 3 years  :D There are 2 adults and 3 children all under 6, youngest is under 3 so I believe a room for 4 is ok.

When booking through DLP direct do you have to pay the full amount? I think I read if you phone you can pay despoit only but not sure if I am getting mixed up and cant see on their website!

I am also looking at flights from Edinburgh or Glasgow, is there a best time to book these or any sales around xmas / new year?

Zee79

We paid a deposit then the balance about 10 weeks before.

SamHood

Thanks Zee . Was that booking on the website or over the phone?

caspdex

SamHood

I wondered why only Air France was showing up on sky skanner , realised now easy jet only have up to March at the moment thats a great tip thank you

msRavenswood

Zee79

Quote from: SamHood on August 31, 2016, 12:49:59 PM
Thanks Zee . Was that booking on the website or over the phone?
Over the phone because wanted to see if they could gives us a deal.

dlparisdirect do deposits only plus can pay weekly, monthly or in full 8 weeks from departure.

SwipatronSparks

for the current offer of 2 nights and 2 days free for summer 2017 (which includes june 2017) you have to book by the 12th of october, so the next set of offers for summer 2017 will follow shortly after that =]

*edit*
sorry i realised i missed off a bit of your question... as the others said you can book and pay a deposit over the phone =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

glenn

A couple of years ago I wanted to book sequioa lodge and decided to wait for half board offer.When the deal finally appeared online I was shocked at how much dearer the price was.
Disney never give anything away so I would go for the free days offer or kids go free it works out a lot cheaper than HB offer,also you can only eat in Disney restaurants.

glenn

One more thing,on the French website they are doing 30 percent off plus children under 7 free so that works out even cheaper.

polar vixen

Depends how many in your family. There are 7 of us. To have one buffet meal a day would cost us the same as the holiday itself so it's really only worth us booking when it's 30 percent of and free dining plan!

Karmaviolet

It really depends on a lot of variables.

We booked early for May/June this year, on a 2 days free offer.
But then I was looking at adding a dining plan.  I priced up the total cost on the new offer of 25% off and free dining plan, and it came out as less extra to pay that the cost of adding the dining plan to my original booking.

As long as you are "upgrading" (ie paying them some more money and sticking to same arrival date) there is no penalty for cancelling and rebooking on a new deal.

So, for June next year, I have booked under the 2 days free offer (I also booked through the Irish site, and this didn't have a half term price hike!).  We plan to add a dining plan.  So, once the new offer comes out, I will see if it's cheaper to upgrade to the new free dining plan offer or to stick with our booking and pay for a dining plan. :)

SamHood

Thank you all for the replies  :D

Karmaviolet that is really helpful. As we are a family of 5 I was thinking the half board would be really handy, I don't mind being restricted although I am veggie and we have one under 3 . My eldest DC eats loads( and is the skinniest! ) so lots to consider.

Glenn I will have a look at the french site also as all children under 7.

We want to go as cheaply as possible for food etc while having a good time, money is tight and I am hoping to do Florida in 2018 so DH needs to be convinced this is worth doing ::) We have both been to DLP as adults but over 15 years ago.