Help with dining!

Started by Sophiamax12, June 27, 2016, 02:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophiamax12

Hi, this is our first year going.
We have full board premium dining, we arrive on the first day at around 2pm, do you usually manage to have lunch dinner on the first day? Also last day our train leaves at 6pm so I'm guessing we will only fit lunch in?
We want to do Adc, inventions chez remy and bbws.

Any help will be much appreciated as we are completely clueless!

Thank you 😀

daddyof2

You'll have enough vouchers for dinner on the first day and lunch on the last, it's worth booking ahead for all of those. Bear in mind that ADC and chez remy will likely be only open for lunch. I'd suggest eating on the train on the way, and maybe also on the return journey

DisneyRon

You get one set of vouchers per night of your stay, not day. ;)

So if you have lunch before arriving at the park (on the train for instance) you can use that "extra" voucher for your lunch before leaving on the final day, and then have dinner on the train perhaps? :) That way you won't have any "left-over" vouchers. :)

In terms of the restaurants you want to visit, give the reservation line a call as soon as you are within the two month window, you'll want reservations for L'Auberge de Cendrillon at least (that books up really fast, especially around lunch-time), Chez Remy and Inventions certainly won't hurt either, though generally Inventions should be fine without a reservation.
I don't think you'll need a reservation for the Buffalo Bill show beforehand, but I'd personally make those reservations at the concierge desk when you arrive at the hotel and have a better idea what day you want to see the show. :)

Full Board Premium makes the counter-service restaurants in the parks a bit of a "waste" as the vouchers are worth a lot of money individually, but I'll leave that to your own tastes. :)

daddyof2

Sorry, my reply earlier was a bit unclear - I meant that it's worth booking in advance for all the restaurants you listed. Disneyron is spot on regarding the need to book ADC and chez remy. I often say that you should book ahead for ANY restaurant that really matter to you. Disneyron is also correct about the value of your vouchers and counter service, but we actually have had some of our more successful dining at places like hakuna matata

DisneyRon

I agree with Daddyof2 on Hakuna Matata, it's a lovely place to eat. :D
The quick service restaurants are rather nice in my opinion.

Hakuna Matata is also the only place where I actually encountered a little resistance spending a Full Board Premium voucher. :P
Note that this was probably the CMs own sensibilities that caused it, she did accept after I insisted, but I was a little bit surprised. ;)