spending money

Started by gingerdoo4, May 20, 2016, 11:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gingerdoo4

Hi,

I'm just wondering how much spending money people take with them when they go to eurodisney? We're going for a week and are half board plus.

The kids will obviously want toys and souvenirs, which I have thought about. Are there more things to do in the parks which would result in an extra cost? If so what are they and what do they cost?

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated

dlpowl

If you have the half board then your breakfast and 1 main meal (lunch or evening meal) is covered so you will need some money for lunch, or take snacks.   When we go, we always fill up at breakfast then have our other meal in the evening.  I take snacks with us on holiday such as fruit, crisps, brioches, juice cartons, that kind of stuff, so we take some of that with us to the parks each day and have that for our lunch.  So food wise, we only need money for extras such as ice creams and the odd cupcake or something.  But if you wanted to eat a proper meal at lunchtime then you'd be looking at €15-€35 per adult and €10-€20 per child.  It all depends on whether you go to one of the proper restaurants or just grab burger and fries. 

If you're going to be wanting snacks like I mentioned above then you're better off taking them with you because there are no Spar/Tesco express type shops on site.  There's 1 petrol station and a tiny shop in the train station.  You need a car to get to the supermarket.

When it comes to buying merchandise, we decide an amount for each of our 3 children before we go and they know that, so they get what they want, and when they've spent up that's it.  It's impossible for me to predict how much money you will spend on merchandise because there is sooooo much to buy.  If you are on a budget then I would just set yourself a limit and stick to it but bear in mind that there is a lot of gorgeous merchandise, for both adults and kids, so you may want to spend more than you'd think.

Apart from snacks and merchandise, we don't spend anything else at all really.  We don't venture off site to the sealife centre or into Paris etc so we are only in the Disney parks where virtually everything is included.  Other than the character meals and the Buffalo Bill show, I can't really think of anything that costs extra....oh, there's your photo pass which I think is about €50 but someone else may know exactly.  Oh, and there's the huge balloon thing that goes up over the lake in Disney village but we've never been on it so I don't know what it costs.

On our last trip we went for 7 days and gave each child £100 to spend.  On top of that we spent about £100 on merchandise for ourselves (although I could've easily spent 10x that) and about £150-£200 on extras like ice creams and the odd alcoholic drink at night.  But that's because that was our budget.  It really does depend on how much you want to push the boat out.

What I love about Disney is that once you've paid for your holiday, how much you spend on top is really down to you and your budget.  Hope you have a great time. xx

disneymagic006

Hi the main costs are souvenirs and food, which you seem to have covered.

The other things I would have a think about are:

Drinks - around 3euros a time this soon adds up. We tend to take bottles with us and the robinsons squeezy juive and keep topping up at the water fountains.
Icecreams and popcorn - can be expensive too though delicious.
If your kids are old enough to be interested in arcade games / shooting gallery etc these are charged extra.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

dlpowl

Ooh, yes, water bottles and the tiny bottles of concentrated juice is a great tip, we do this too because you do get very thirsty as you're walking a lot. 

If you have the half board option then you do get your teatime treat included so that is a drink and a snack in the afternoon.

Ohana

You can get to the supermarket by train, it's only a few minutes journey. I found a lot of souvenirs that I loved so I spent a lot of euros haha, and we found that snacks and drinks were really expensive, I got a bit addicted to nestea while we were there but it was 3.50 per bottle! And coffees aren't cheap either, not for the size you get. You can go to Starbucks in the village for large coffees but they still rack up to 5 euros and above. And with the weak pound at the moment it made it feel even more expensive.

But your half board should have you well covered, and counter service restaurants do have set menus which lower the cost, we paid no more than 30 euros for 2 full meals including drinks and puddings at any of the counter services.

Hope this helps :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

gingerdoo4

Thanks for all that information, it is greatly appreciated.

I think we'll defiantly load up at breakfast and maybe take a few snacks with us and empty bottles so we can fill up at the fountains, so we don't spend too much on food and allows the kids to spend on merchandise and souvenirs.

With regards to the balloon thing that is on lake Disney, does that cost to go on that, as me and my son really want to go on that?

Thanks once again.

Colin

Ohana

Panoramagique :) it's €12 per person (not sure if children pay less). It's very weather dependent as to whether it's airborne, it seems just the smallest gust of wind will deem it closed for the day haha but it's definitely worth a go, I found it incredible and got some great shots of the castle from above. Amazing how less magical the park looks when you can see everything on the horizon, haha! But still so incredible, I totally recommend it.
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

gingerdoo4

Thanks for that, my son defiantly wants to go on it and so do I. So 12 euros isn't to bad, hopefully it will be open when we are there!

dlpowl

If you intend to go on the balloon, I'd check regularly and if it's open, go on it there and then.  Someone in our party wanted to go on it during our last trip but saved it for the last day but it was closed as it was windy!  So don't put it off, if it's open, jump on! 

caspdex

Regarding the Balloon, go when you see it working, but check McDs and EoS, they sometimes have a promotion on for a meal and a Balloon ride.

Rolo

Don't know if this offer is still running at MacDonalds. But as an example

Vikkilou

You get a tea time treat of a drink & ic3 cream   we opted for bottles of drinks ( water & orange) rather than Pepsi etc in cartons.  We opened 1 bottle at a time & shared it & found we usually ended up with 1 or 2 unopened bottles for the next day.  We did half board then took crisps & biscuits for in between.   We did end up paying for burger & chips one meal in Walt Disney & cost 50 euros! ! The macdonalds is pretty much the price u pay here  We've gone full board for our next trip extra £200 but we prob weren't that far off spending that last time anyway.
We paid 50€ for the photo pass Def worth it we came away with over 30 photos.
We took 300£ for 4 nights 5 days & the kids had £75 each.  We spent the lot but managed to get what we wanted with in reason.  ( the extra meals were paid for on card) & we did end up forking out a lot on waterproof ponchos!  Think an autograph book was about 10€ then we bought a few photo frames that were expensive. 
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17