Best season to go in? What's the difference?

Started by Loopylou532, March 09, 2016, 10:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loopylou532

I'm desperate to visit disneyland agian and would love to know your favourite seasons and time to go.

I'm planning on next year as I have a 9 week old baby and a 7 year old so this year maybe a nightmare with such a young baby. We're also bringing my mum and mother in law as they have never been and are excited to visit.

A few years back I visited in the Xmas season. As beautiful as it was it was in November, right at the beginning so I found it tough to get in the Xmas spirit. My partner has only seen last year's - I stayed in chenneye both times.

Last year we visited on the 1st Nov so we had 1 day of halloween decorations and kind of missed most of that as the next day the decorations came down and the transition for the Xmas decorations went up. I kind of felt I missed both seasons as there was white boxes everywhere blocking the decorations ...however the fireworks for the bonfire mickey were incredible- a must see at least once!

Any options and comments would be greatly welcomed and any info on the seasons too- I mean halloween and xmas I know what decorations and shows to expect. ..but spring and summer etc i have no idea.

Karen101

I've been at Easter and at Halloween and both were amazing

This year we are going in summer July to be exact I've never been at this time of year before so I'm excited to see what it's like - yes I know it will be busy but there are longer hours as well so in my eyes it all evens out

We are staying in the NPB so plan to go back to the hotel to use the pool etc :)

twentythingamabobs

Hi LoopyLou

Welcome to the Forum  :D

Personally, I find it hard to choose between Christmas and Halloween as my favourite time to go. The atmosphere at Chrismtas is so special, and I love the Christmas Tree show. But I don't like Christmas Dreams as much as regular Dreams. I looove the Villains at Halloween and always buy a ticket for the Halloween night Soiree, it's brilliant getting dressed up and seeing all the guests in costumes! Plus all the pumpkinmen and ghostly decorations are great.

Swing Into Spring is a lovely time to visit, the flower topiaries of Disney characters are so cute and I love seeing the characters out and about in their Spring costumes.

Have been in Summer a couple of times and don't like it - it is too busy, the wasps are out in force and there aren't any special decorations. There will be the Frozen Summer Fun but that is not a big draw for me.

Samanthad

Halloween and spring have both been amazing, I find summer can lose it's magic a bit when it is so busy. I haven't been yet but would love to go for Christmas as it's supposed to be beautiful, however then you have the question of weather/the cold... I imagine a good time would probably be spring, may time? Hopefully you would have the better weather!! :-) I am interested to hear other people's thoughts on their fave time to go too so I will be following!
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

billy

the first tiime i went it was the end of November and it was cold but lovely, at the end of the night they made it snow on Main Street and it was just perfect!
we recently went in February when there is no specific theme so it was nice to see the characters in their traditional costumes but i think anytime of year is magical  :)

seraphelle

I've done Halloween twice (loved it) and Christmas once (loved it), we go in May and will catch Spring. I have to say as much as I loved Christmas, Halloween was my favourite  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

DLPWonders (Banned)

Hands down, Halloween! No contest there.

When I was little, I absolutely adored Christmas. I still do, Christmas in general that is.
Last December I've realized that Christmas at DLP is definitely not anymore what it once was.
But Spring and Halloween have stepped up their game big time!
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Magic_Liv

For season I would have to say Halloween, I think there is so much going on and the decorations are great. I've been a couple of times during summer (not in school holidays) and whilst it doesn't have the decorations practically it was a great time to go, the park is open for longer and lovely weather. But going spring this year which I can't wait for :)