Extra Magic Hours

Started by grovesie, December 06, 2015, 12:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grovesie

All,

Can anybody inform me what if any rides are open during extra magic hours in the studios?

Sorry if this is discussed else where but a search did not find any results

Thanks

stifle

Extra Magic Hours are currently proposed in Disneyland Park, with rides operating including Space Mountain: Mission 2, Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast, Orbitron: Les Machines Volants, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, and Peter Pan's Flight. Parc Walt Disney Studios opens the gates at around 9:30am with rides operating from 10:00.

bucksmum

This is what it says on the DLP Guide calendar. 

If you're enjoying Extra Magic Hours at Walt Disney Studios Park, which the resort does specify can happen on some dates, then the attractions open will likely include at the least: Crush's Coaster, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith and the attractions within Toy Story Playland.

norhel

If I'm not mistaken, it's very rarely that the Studios has EMH.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

rebecca20

There's never a set list of rides that will open it varies day by day. As mentioned above those are the possible rides open.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

bucksmum

The Studios have EMH every day over the Christmas period from 19 December, according to the DLP guide calendar.

abismummy

Yes both are open for EMH over Christmas - cant wait!

grovesie

I have never been when the Studios have EMH, hence the question of which rides will be open. With the EMH of Disneyland park being reduced by an hour, this looks more appealing.

seraphelle

If I remember rightly, I'm sure when we went the day after the Halloween soiree EMH was in WDS instead of DLP, and Crush was open, RC, Parachute Drop, Slinky, and maybe Flying Carpets (don't quote me though). I can't say about Rock n Roller Coaster as we never went that end that morning. I think we just got there not before general park open times and did Crush and then queued for Ratatouille.

Hope you're having a fab time! x
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: rebecca20 on December 06, 2015, 07:01:14 PM
There's never a set list of rides that will open it varies day by day. As mentioned above those are the possible rides open.

Actually it is always the same rides that are open.
It only differs when one (of more) from that list are closed for refurbs.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

rebecca20

Quote from: DLRPWonders on December 07, 2015, 02:05:48 PM
Quote from: rebecca20 on December 06, 2015, 07:01:14 PM

Actually it is always the same rides that are open.
It only differs when one (of more) from that list are closed for refurbs.

Well every time I've visited for EMH different rides were open... They alternated between Pinocchio, Snow White and some days Peter Pan. Other times there was literally just Dumbo and Carrosel. Not saying that they are supposed to do this but they obviously change things round as they please.

One day they swapped Buzz for Space Mountain and when we asked the CM he said they decided to change things for that day due to the park being really quiet.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.