Anyone travelled through the tunnel recently...?

Started by Mrsya, September 22, 2015, 11:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Just wondering whether the recent queues/delays at folkestone and Calais have eased or are there still problems? Trying to decide whether to book tunnel as we always do or go with the ferry this time...

Mrsya

ilovemainstxxx

hi there

im really interested in this too, we are going in dec and always go on the ferry but were thinking that the tunnel may be better in the cold and possibly stormy sea but after all the trouble are now unsure ....not heard anything for a while but that doesn't mean much ...
hope someone can answer ...

Guineapig56

Hi there,
I did a day trip through the tunnel last Friday. We had to wait for a bit because the weather was so bad but no real hold ups. The staff seem pretty good about processing things quickly so we still caught the same train out and managed to get an earlier one back, we'd had enough of the rain. I've never driven to Disney as my son isn't very good in cars so we tend to go via Eurostar.

Hope that helps.
:)

nathalie

Think they mean about all the things going on right now with the people trying to fled to the UK through the tunnel.
Weather is always a factor that can close down the tunnel, but shouldn't be much of problem indeed right now.

casemor

Hi. I travelled through the tunnel end of August going out and returning early September. We didn't experience any delays and didn't see many people about.It was during daytime hours. I think there may be more people about when it's dark

cazdow

We went though yesterday. We saw a big group of people crossing and standing in the road in front of us. We had a delay of an hour and high security all cars being checked etc etc.

Mrsya

Thanks everyone. I did indeed mean with regards to the refugees/immigrants attempting to get into lorries/walk through the tunnel etc. Media coverage has changed somewhat so we weren't sure if it was still an issue or not...