First Trip, Couple travelling.

Started by irishcailin, July 24, 2015, 04:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishcailin

Hi All,
I have booked Disneyland Paris for me my boyfriend for November for 4 nights. It will be the first time in Disney for both of us. So excited & cant wait.

Have been looking at couple of topics on here to get tips and advice, feeling a bit overwhelmed with all that you can do and how to plan. We will arrive in Disney around 3pm on our first day and was wondering will that give us much time to do one of the parks that day? Which one would we be better to start with? Also what time does the Dreams start in the evenings? We are planning on doing our own trip to Paris on the Saturday, i see you can get the train from Disney but what stop would you get off at for central Paris? I looked at the rail map and was completely lost.

Thank you for any help/tips in advance :)

bad-pink-tink

waves hello to a fellow Irish person :)

I've been to DLP twice and multiple times to Disneyland California.

I've just checked the park opening hours but the hours for November are not up yet. Arriving at 3 pm, I would say you will be ready to head out to explore by 4 pm, giving time to check in, find your room and refresh after travelling. You should have a good few hours left, so I would say head straight for the main park with a little quick visit to Disney Village to get your bearings

Do some research on the park before you go and find your must do rides and go to them on your first night. Everything will be new and exciting and you will want to stop and stare and take it all in. Main Street and the Castle are really lovely at night time so just wander and take your time.

Dreams starts at the official park closing time, so for example , if the official closing time is 7 pm, then Dreams will start at 7 pm, if the official closing time is 10 pm, then Dreams will start at 10 pm.

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

irishcailin

Thanks so much for your reply. I know its a while away but excited to get planning and deciding what we'll do on each day. Will definitely not over plan and just take it all in as you said.

daddyof2

November should be fairly quiet, but 3pm will be about the busiest time for the parks, so you need to be flexible on what you do - the queue time boards will give you a few pointers. Alternatively 3pm is a good time to explore the Village or Main St USA, the shops will be reasonably quiet. However, it will start to get busier around Main St for the parade

polar vixen

Our favourite way to start our Disney holiday is to watch the parade - there's simply no better way to get in the Disney mood imo. Make sure you stay for dreams at least one night, and when you go to the studios get there for opening if you can so you can get a fast pass for ratatouille and hopefully catach a shortish queue for crush's coaster, if you like roller coasters that is.

Mileto

For Paris - from Disney Village Marne la Vallee train station you catch the train RER A to Paris and you could get off on station Auber. It's at the Opera and Galeria Lafayett. From there you can catch a hop-on-hop-off bus. Or in a couple of metro stops you can reach all famous places, depends on how much time you have and what do you want to see.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

irishcailin

Thank you all so much for your replies, it is a big help. I'm sure I may have one or two more questions closer to the time we travel 😄