half board add on?

Started by DisneyMichelle, September 30, 2014, 10:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyMichelle

Hello

We have already booked our package direct with Disney but we did not book half board/Full board.

Can this be added on after?

What are your views? is it worth going Full board to get lunch and dinner? I have never done it before, does it save a lot of money?

I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

DisneyRon

You should able to add half-board or full board if you wish, it's more money to Disney.
Generally they don't mind accepting that. ;D

As for how pleasant it is, on both of my most recent visits I had a full board plan (Full Board Plus in 2012, and Full Board Premium this year) and I find it very convenient, as I've basically covered the majority of my food expenses beforehand, meaning that it won't hit my creditcard limit while I'm in the park itself.

As for cost effectiveness, for the Plus and Premium plans you should probably be doing a table-service (or buffet) restaurant each meal to make the most of the cost of the plan, especially on the Premium plan, as each voucher represents €49,50. You may even encounter some resistance from CMs if you're trying to pay for a Counter Service meal with a Premium Voucher, as the voucher was more than twice the value of the meal. Keep that in mind. ;)

On the Standard Plan I think one voucher is for a Counter Service meal and one for a Table Service or Buffet meal.

Hope this helps a little.

Queen Elsa

We just came back from Disney and had the full board plus meal plan. Each voucher was worth €33 but was actually worth more if you ate from the set menus and and they were valid in quite a few restaurants. For example if you eat in cafe Mickey the 3 course dinner with soft drink would have cost €40 but your voucher covered the full meal unless you ate a la carte and then you could use it to the value of €33 and pay any extra. The meals were huge though so you really need to plan when you are going to eat and book restaurants spaced out. We kept a voucher back from one day by having no lunch but an early dinner so we could use the voucher on our last day before we left. You also get pause Gourmande which can be used between 3 & 7 so that was quite handy. We save those and had them for snacks on out journey back home xx

DisneyMichelle

Thank you.

I will look into the prices of these then. Like you say it covers most your food expenses so all the spending money can then be spent on Merchandise :)
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

Queen Elsa

Because we went full board we didn't buy anything at all, just a couple of drinks here and there! We are planning on going back next year and will definitely be booking full board again xx