Newport Bay - had to share!

Started by AislingM, October 29, 2014, 08:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AislingM

Just got home to a very exciting email I had to share with the forum! We are staying in Newport Bay from 17th - 21st November and whilst I was very aware of the refurbishments going on I dont really mind because Im probably not going to have time to use the pool anyway. But got an email from Disney there explaining that the pool will be closed for our stay but we can use another hotel pool instead and .... they are giving us a 50 euro voucher on arrival that can be used in any boutique in the resort to apologise for the inconvenience!  ;D Soooo exciting and completely unexpected! Just thought it was such a nice gesture from them 
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

Queen Elsa

Quote from: AislingM on October 29, 2014, 08:34:02 PM
Just got home to a very exciting email I had to share with the forum! We are staying in Newport Bay from 17th - 21st November and whilst I was very aware of the refurbishments going on I dont really mind because Im probably not going to have time to use the pool anyway. But got an email from Disney there explaining that the pool will be closed for our stay but we can use another hotel pool instead and .... they are giving us a 50 euro voucher on arrival that can be used in any boutique in the resort to apologise for the inconvenience!  ;D Soooo exciting and completely unexpected! Just thought it was such a nice gesture from them

I thought it was nice of them too!  We decided to change hotels in the end so didn't get the voucher but it is a lovely touch from them! Have fun, I'm jealous!!!!

pialykke

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

AislingM

Thought it was especially nice because they make sure you know there will be renovations when you book. That 50 euro will buy alot of chocolat chaud`s during the week!
Newport Bay May 2002
Newport Bay November 14

vampira

What a nice gesture! :) Especially since they let you know there will be renovations when you order. 
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

amanda08

Gosh, that is gonna make for one very crowded SL pool! It will now be the only one open on those dates!

It is nice to for once hear that Disney are pro-actively contacting people though rather then letting people find these things out on arrival

moonloo

That is a lovely gesture, enjoy your extra spends!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

norhel

Sounds like a very good deal! :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

seony141010

We are going in Dec and have had a call telling us the same thing.
Very nice gesture.
Believe in the magic
Em xx

AislingM

The pool really wasnt a big deal because with a winter visit and shorter opening hours who has time for swimming? Im getting my moneys worth in the parks for 11 hours! But yeah such a nice gesture , so rare to get anything from any business really , so I will certainly enjoy spending it!
Newport Bay May 2002
Newport Bay November 14