Change to the Fastpass system ?

Started by maleficent_mum, March 20, 2007, 11:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maleficent_mum

I wondered if anyone could shed any light on the rumours I've read about Fastpasses and the introduction of a new system of not being able to hold more than 1 at any one time.

We're off next Thursday for our 4th and shortest trip to DLRP, only 3 nights/2days in the park and one of those days is Saturday 31st March - which with the press event looks like being one very busy day.   I'd been preplanning our strategy GMF breakfast and whatever's open in Fantasyland and then as my 2 kids ( 13 and 8 ) are older and aufait with the park - I was planning on leaving them queuing for Buzz , while I run around getting FP's for the other FP attractions.  If the FP system has changed my plans are scuppered.

Thanks in advance for any info  :D
*Oct 14 - 5 nights Kyriad* July 13 -  6 nights Cheyenne 1 night VdE*
*Jan 12  - 5 nights  Santa Fe *Oct 10 - 1 night Kyriad, 4 nights Cheyenne*Jan 10 - 4 nights New York*Mar 09 - 4 nights Cheyenne*Nov 07 - 3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 07 - 15th Anniversary Press Event  3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 06 5 nights Newport Bay Club (Admirals\' Floor)*Oct 04 4 nights Santa Fe*Mar 04 3 nights Cheyenne[/size]

Kristof

Haven't heard of this one before?  Not even on French message boards.

maleficent_mum

That's good news then - it's been discussed over on the Disboards, although as yet nobody whose returned home recently has reported any changes.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)
*Oct 14 - 5 nights Kyriad* July 13 -  6 nights Cheyenne 1 night VdE*
*Jan 12  - 5 nights  Santa Fe *Oct 10 - 1 night Kyriad, 4 nights Cheyenne*Jan 10 - 4 nights New York*Mar 09 - 4 nights Cheyenne*Nov 07 - 3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 07 - 15th Anniversary Press Event  3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 06 5 nights Newport Bay Club (Admirals\' Floor)*Oct 04 4 nights Santa Fe*Mar 04 3 nights Cheyenne[/size]

speedpacket

That would be good news indeed!!!
In my honest ad humble opinion, the fastpass system as it is now is often being abused by people, and does not give equal chance to all visitors to do the attractions...

I hope they will soon add some more changes too...  As for instance, old tickets remain valid for fastpass,; they don't check the date of validity when getting your fastpasses...  I've seen people with tens of "old" tickets collecting dozens of tickets just for their own use...

I hope they can change that soon!!!
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Haven't heard of this one before?  Not even on French message boards.
I read about it on disney central plaza - some people visited on a day earlier this month when they were testing it.

I think it'd be a good idea, with better opening hours and Extra Magic Hours there's no need for it much anymore. Maybe it'd stop those people who stand there getting about 10 tickets too... :roll:

I'm glad DLRP never expanded the system to the number of attractions that uses it at DLR and WDW.  As a whole it's kinda dying out now.

Japper

I heard about it on some dutch forums too! I think it's much better than the systen that we now have!