Restaurants for Fussy Children

Started by Plaitey, June 12, 2014, 10:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plaitey

Hi, I'm off to DLP on Monday (16th June) and can't wait. However trying to plan where to use our Half Board Plus vouchers is a nightmare because of a fussy eater!! My Godson only really likes chicken nuggets, fries, chocolate and sometimes maybe a pizza/burger/hotdog and I'm unsure what restaurants would cater for him as most of the menus are 2 years old and I am sure they may have changed! I'm staying in Sequoia Lodge. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Mileto

You can book a table at Garden Plaza. It is a buffet and they offer everything - nuggets, pizza, tomatos, sweet, fries, even jelly bon, meats, pasta, french cheese, all kind of desserts and more, more .....

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Plaitey

Thanks Mileto. Is this on the Half Board Plus?

Mileto

Yes, it is. I also have plus half board for september.
You can look here, on the right are the board types and down some fotos of the place. I loooove it!
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/plaza-gardens-restaurant/

P.S. You could search on google for "food garden plazza disney paris" - there are many fotos (they are too big to post them here)

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Plaitey

daddyof2

Colonel Hathi's do Mickey Mouse shaped pizzas, caseys corner do hot dogs and nuggets, and you can get nuggets and burgers at the counter service restaurants

Plaitey

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

stormflm595

theres a mcdonalds in the disney village as well if you are still struggling to find anything. it might not be as magical and certainly not the healthiest but at least it'll give him a good meal for a low cost
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Rapunzel1

We have fussy eaters too. They loved to eat at Colonel Hathi, Hakuna Matata, Casey's, Inventions and the rain forest cafe.

They all have chicken nuggets except for colonel hathi but my four year old still talks about the Mickey Mouse pizza at Colonel hathi.

Plaitey

Thanks everyone, it's made me feel better about planning where to eat and book!!

gemma2806

I'd recommend the Hunters Grill in Sequoia Lodge, they do nuggets, fries and lots of other things.

I also recommend La Grange at Billy Bob's, a fantastic buffet. Plaza Gardens Restaurant in the Disneyland Park, another great buffet. Annette's Diner in Disney Village, my son loved their nuggets and chips.

Pretty much all counter service places will have these food items.

Samninetysix

You can't go wrong with any of the buffet service restaurants there really is something for pretty much everyone, Plaza Gardens in Disneyland Park, Restaurant des Stars in Studios Park, La Grange at Billy Bobs in Disney Village, these all have foods that a fussy eater will try. Not forgetting of course, there's loads of other options and counter service restaurants also, Casey's on Main Street do a wicked hot dog and the burgers at the Cowboy Cookout are pretty damn good also. We took our autistic nephew with us in April and that was challenging food wise, he's very set in his ways. At one point we went into Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village and just asked them for a ham sandwich, they were happy to oblige and he loved it.

Plaitey

Thank you all for the recommendations! Greatly appreciated. Think I have the eating sorted now!! Just ready to go tomorrow now!!