Started by Mrsya, May 11, 2014, 09:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

• A hair dryer
  • Fairy liquid
  • Hand wash
  • Dishwasher tablets
  • Toilet rolls
7 sleeps to go and the cases have come down from the loft!!!!!! Beyond excited to just get there already now!!!

polar vixen

When you check in at Davy Crockett, you get given a map, when you take this to the trading post, they'll give you a little wet pack, and a sponge/scourer, a dish washer tablet, and a little sachet of washing up liquid.  So, I'd recommend taking a few extra tablets or some liquid with you, depending on how much you'll be using your kitchenette. Definitely take shampoo - although they have the little courtesy bottles, your hair will snap after using it once! (found that out through experience), and they didn't have any in the shop.  I'm 90% certain they have a hair dryer.  They give you a reasonable amount if toilet roll, at least a full one in each bathroom, if you're there more than 3 days, they will give you extra - last time we were there for 7, and they asked if we wanted the maid to come on day 4 , which she did and she re-made the beds, washed all the pots for us etc.  It was lovely.  I'd also remember a tea-towel, normal towels if you're going to go swimming, and a disposable bbq if you want to have a bbq at any time.  Also take some bubbles or light outdoors toys.  I can't over exaggerate how lovely the site itself is to explore.  I'm soooo jealous, we still have to wait 6 weeks!

Mrsya

As always, Polar Vixen, sooo helpful with your replies! Thanks so much for the extra detail. We are going for 5 nights so maybe we'll get a little top up but will take everything you've suggested. Shampoo and conditioner is a total must for me too - waist length hair and made that mistake at Eden Hall Day Spa once! Hair like tangled straw is not a good look at Disney!

Samninetysix

Quote from: Mrsya on May 11, 2014, 09:01:34 PM

• A hair dryer
  • Fairy liquid
  • Hand wash
  • Dishwasher tablets
  • Toilet rolls
7 sleeps to go and the cases have come down from the loft!!!!!! Beyond excited to just get there already now!!!

Hair dryers are available from the shop but wifey always takes hers anyway

Fairy Liquid/washing up liquid is available from the shop, be careful if taking your own, if it gets knocked in your case, your screwed :) - Maybe put some in a screw top small container, you generally dont need that much as you have the dishwasher

There's hand soap in the bathrooms in the cabins but it's not anti bacterial

I believe there are 2 dish washer tablets in the welcome pack along with a small bottle of multi surface cleaner and as stated a j-cloth and sponge scourer - wifey takes extras. The dishwashers are very good in the cabins.

Yes definitely take loo rolls. I don't know what the water is like where you live in the UK but where we live in Suffolk, the water is very hard, the water at Disney is very soft, this generally "affects" us for the first day ;)

As it's warming up and there's a chance of rain when your there I can't stress enough the importance of taking an ant killer trigger gun. Get one of the types that not only kill ants but also leave the invisible barrier that ants wont cross, they sell them in B&Q. We always take one of these plus one of the ant trap things which we put under the cabin under where the sink is. You need to spray all around the cupboard under the sink - inside and outside, on the floor around the base of the kitchen units. We even take medium sized sandwich bags to put the sugar etc in so we can tie them up. Trust me, take an ant gun!!!!.

Also, the utensils are pretty much next to useless so if you are intending on eating much at your cabin, you may want to take a decent sharp chef knife, some tongs even a non stick frying pan depending on how much space you have.

And in case I'd forgotten - TAKE AN ANT GUN!!

Mrsya

Quote from: Samninetysix on May 14, 2014, 01:54:48 PM
Quote from: Mrsya on May 11, 2014, 09:01:34 PM

And in case I'd forgotten - TAKE AN ANT GUN!!

Thanks for that tip! Are the ants only a problem in the kitchen then? I'm taking baby feeding paraphernalia so worried now that we are going to struggle to keep bottles etc sterile? No experience with keeping ants at bay, ever, so if I don't get to B&Q (only 4 sleeps to go) will ant powder do?

polar vixen

Been twice in September while still quite hot (t-shirt weather) and never had this problem ourselves :)

Mrsya

Quote from: polar vixen on May 14, 2014, 09:01:03 PM
Been twice in September while still quite hot (t-shirt weather) and never had this problem ourselves :)

Thank-blooming-goodness!

Samninetysix

Don't take ant powder as you need to spray inside the cabin and cupboards. We've walked into a just cleaned cabin to be confronted by a stream of ants coming out of the cupboard and up onto the work surface. Ants leave little chemical trails for each other to follow, if there's been a family in the cabin that's left food debris on worktops ants will find it and mark the way for their little buddies. Off the top of my head I think we've stayed at DCR about 15-20 times and pretty much every time (except in January when it was covered in snow) we've had ants. You may get lucky and not see any but for the sakes of a few quid it's best to be prepared especially if your taking baby feeding stuff. Don't forget tho sandwich bags tied tightly keep the little blighters away from pretty much anything.

This is only from our personal experience and like said, others may not have seen ants